4.0 out of 5 stars Dance on Broadway
Published on 2 July 2010 by JANE BETT

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
I also have jd, jd2 and I agree with many of the reveiws ie the avators are tiny and are very difficult to see and follow
Published on 10 April 2011 by G. Sanderson

4.0 out of 5 stars Dance on Broadway, 2 July 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
This is a game along the line of 'Just Dance' but more complex. You choose the dancer you mimic and generally it is a choice of sides for your moves. Enoyable but takes time to get to grips with. I would say that first time you try any of the dances it is quite complex and the next moves shown too complex to understand.However try for 1or 2 more times it slots into place and becomes really enjoyable,

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bit of Silly Fun, 26 Mar 2011
Wobette (The Wild West) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
Ok just to set the scene...

I don't own Just Dance
I am not your typical Gamer and I have no intention of playing this as a game
I am very uncordinated but love the idea of dancing
I wanted something to help me keep fit
... and I love show tunes

And that is why this game appealled to me and why I love it.

This game does what I want it to, it allows me bop along to it on my own to tunes that I love. It does take some getting use - As you need to follow both the animated dancer and a little stick figure telling what is coming next. Personally I need to dance through the routines a couple of time before I can link the movements the little stick men do on the bottom of the screen to what the dancers are doing...

I love this game as it is a silly way of taking off a few kilos whilst enjoying some really really great show tunes

4.0 out of 5 stars A good giggle and a good work out!, 2 Jan 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this to keep us entertained at our family get togethers over Christmas and it certainly did that. Some brilliant toe tapping tunes with routines varying from warm up to burn out! Useful ratings on the song menu to prepare you for how much energy you're going to need and how difficult you're going to find it.
I much prefer this to other dance games - better on screen so there's more for observers to look at and sing along words for people to sing along to too.
I only have 2 little niggles to throw in:
First, it's hard to see some of the moves depending where you're chosen dancer is on the screen... I guess this takes practice.
Second, more songs (sad I know but younger audiences may not recognize some of the tunes) and you quickly get through the 20 on there. Shame there's not the potential to unlock further songs like you get in other games like guitar hero etc.
Overall great fun for everyone. Now the family get togethers are over for another year I intend to use this to help get me a bit fitter (anything that get's us off the couch is a good thing!) and will be practising ready for next year! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all musical theatre lovers!, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
Absolutely brilliant game. You get to dance and sing to great Broadway show stoppers in the privacy of your own home. The dance moves are proper musical theatre dance and tap steps. The routines are good stage copies of the original stage choreography, (if you have enough energy you can get to do the Fame jump!). The lyrics are also shown on the screen so you can sing along although you don't use a mike and there is, luckily for me, no feedback for the singing. The feedback comes via the motion sensors in the Wii remote, you get a score of Great, OK or X for each move, this gives you an end score. It was certainly enough to be able to show me where I was out of rhythm or doing the wrong steps. For me it makes for a challenging, fun work out. Perhaps if you are intensively competitive or into very sophisticated computer graphics it won't eb your cup of tea. However if you enjoy musicals and dancing I would definitely recommend this game.
In the words of a British musical character, Please sir can we have more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game i have bought so far, 7 July 2010
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I own both just dance and dance broadway and i have to say i much prefer this game. I do not know all the songs on this but now i do and i have found some new musicals i wish to see in the near future. I do not think the graphics are that bad, okay its no avatar but do you really need amazing graphics for a game like this. The dances are great and vary in difficulty from me being able to get practically all the points on dream girls to me being able to get very little on just cant wait to be king.

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun - great songs, 8 Sep 2010
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
My kids tried to talk me out of buying this game because they'd read bad reviews on gaming websites. I really wanted it thought because it looked like a lot of fun on the TV advert, and it has the kind of music I love to sing and prance about the house to. Well, we were both right (although I was more right!) because I've had a blast playing this game. The songs are brill! It has some of my favourite songs from Cabaret and Chicago and Little Shop of Horrors, as well as other songs that I didn't know so well, but have now become favourites. The dance moves vary from pretty gentle and easy to quite tricky and strenuous (although some of the same moves appear in different songs, so you get the hang of them) and I find I play for about an hour at a time and work up quite a sweat (lovely) which means it's exercising me too.

From a gaming point of view, I can see why the kids dissed it - the graphics are pretty blocky, and there doesn't seem to be any way of saving high scores, so there's no sense of competing with yourself or progressing. But I don't care about that. All I wanted was to dance to my favourite songs, and I can do that so I'm happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 10 April 2011
G. Sanderson "pink gemini" (Nottingham, Uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars total disapointment, 17 Mar 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
i bought this game for my daughters and my best friend for her birthday as really liked the look of it as play just dance games A LOT
but........everything about it was rubbish , graphics very poor , dances basic and difficult to see and follow.
so i took my friends back straight a way (still sealed ) and traded my daughters in the very same day!!!
if you are looking for a fast , fun , getting your sweat on dance game THIS IS NOT IT!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Get Your Jazz Shoes On..., 9 July 2010
Katrina-UK (Stockport, Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
To all those who say 'Dance On Broadway' isn't as good as 'Just Dance', or doesn't give you a good enough workout. I disagree! This gives me a great workout, equal to that of 'Just Dance'. I love musicals so thoroughly enjoyed this, however it goes without saying if you don't like musicals, don't buy it. There are a wide selection of songs you can dance and/or sing to and to be honest I can't see myself getting bored anytime soon!

Why not 5*? It is the same as 'Just Dance' in that it is not 100% accurate, so you could be doing a certain dance move perfectly and it may give you a miss score or only ok, simply because either the wii remote, or the sensor on the top of my TV didn't pick up the signal properly. Also, because you can play it with up to 4 players, the 4 characters are on the screen at the same time (even if you are playing with just 1 player). This is all very well, however when the camera starts moving in and out and on to the other characters you can lose sight of your own characters moves. It would have been better if the camera just stayed in one position on the performers, rather than moving around the stage. Oh and yes, the graphics could have been better...

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Wii Game, 7 July 2010
This review is from: Dance on Broadway (Wii) (Video Game)
I have only had this game for a day and it's already my favourite wii game. I also own Just Dance and liked it for an hour, and then realised that it was too simplistic. I am 18 years old and feel that Just Dance is almost too easy! Therefore, this game was a great challenge! I am a huge lover of musicals, and even though there are some songs I do not know, I still enjoyed playing them all and learning some of the new ones such as Bend and Snap from Legally Blonde. I LOVE the fact that on some of the songs for example: One Night Only and My Favourite Things, if you pick different characters there are different dances. It means it doesn't get old and you can swap all you want :D I also think the Just Dance backgrounds are extremely dull and the fact that you cannot choose your own character isn't very exciting. With this game, you get to choose out of 4 which makes it interesting if there is more than 1 of you. Plus the backgrounds are set on a stage with copies of the proper broadway stage backgrounds behind. Plus in most of the songs, other cartoon characters pop onto the stage and dance around you such as: Brad and Janet in the Time Warp song. I hope they do another one really soon as I'm awaiting more songs for this fantastic game!!!!

Dance on Broadway (Wii)
Dance on Broadway (Wii) by Ubisoft (Nintendo Wii)
10.39