Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£5.07+ £1.26 shipping

on 3 April 2011
I was disapppointed by these CDs. I found the mix of old and modern recordings side by side was jarring. Also rather too many famous songs turned out to be inferior cover versions. I wish I'd gone for a proper Piaf or Aznavour CD.
on 19 July 2010
I love this type of background music when I cooking or entertaining guests and this music really helps to creat atmosphereCafe De Paris: 36 Timeless French Cafe Songs
on 5 December 2010
3 CD's of all the old favourites. Jean Sablon/Maurice Chevalier/Edith Piaf/Charles Trenet/Tino Rossi.
Original recordings are well done.La Mer/J'attendrai/ Boum etc.
I think the best could have been put on just 2 C D's.though.
on 11 February 2011
I wanted background music for dinners. This isn't really suitable as the different tracks are all over the place some in french, some in english, some loud, some quiet, some very old and crackly, some new. Not a record you can leave to play and sit back to enjoy.
on 26 May 2011
holiday reminders of france and french life relaxing coffe's watching the world go by not being worried about the hustle & bustle nice relaxing music
on 19 March 2015
Love this selection. Bought copy for French friend who was madly keen on the 'old' songs and for Mother who played it over and over as it made her feel 'happy'! Lovely, 'romantic', feel good French favourites - if you like this type of French music you just can't go wrong with this lovely selection.
on 13 April 2011
As can be seen from the track listings, the CDs contain a collection of songs from the best chansonniers France has ever had. All 3 CDs are great and the original "old" sound recording adds even better atmosphere. A brilliant evocation of Paris!
on 24 October 2010
Very pleased with this CD. Bought one for myself and one as a gift. Very good value for money.
on 17 February 2011
This collection of popular French songs are beautifully nostalgic, romantic and remind me of very happy schooldays learning French which became my preferred subject at University.
But these songs are so accessable to all, delightfully French, conjuring up the atmosphere of bars, cafes and romance. Lovely!
on 27 September 2014
A marvellous compendium of classic French recordings. I admit to being obsessed with France, its' culture and its' history. This set has been "played to death" since it arrived. I challenge any lover of France and French life to listen to this in the garden on a warm summer evening with some wine and cheese, and for them to not be mentally transported to a culture and way of life so different to the UK.
Be warned: I have now ended-up buying a house in rural France and depart soon! Was this CD set the final straw?