5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing... when it fits..
This is the first review I've ever written, so go easy on me. But I hope to provide some informative information for even the fussiest of people. So here goes..

Published 15 months ago by Mr. A. Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not good enough - buy originals!
I have Shure SE215 earphones.

I thought I'd give these T-100s a go as they were slightly cheaper than the Shure tips. Bad move.

Published 13 months ago by Michael Kirwan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing... when it fits.., 3 April 2013
Mr. A. Wilson "Ashley Wilson" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comply T-100 Isolation Earphone Tips - (S/M/L) Black (Electronics)

first of all, I bought the 6 pack (3 pairs) of small, medium and large. This is actually the third pack of Comply foam tips I've ever bought. About a year ago I bought a 6 pack of the T-100 tips in medium and hated them, so this time I thought I would opt for all 3 sizes.

When I was initially buying my first pack, I read (and watched on youtube) reviews about which size to get. These reviews all gave the same impression; if you have small ears, opt for the medium pack. So I did since I usually prefer the small silicone tips. Indeed they did fit me, but they gave a horrible 'tinny' sound to the music so a day after I stopped using them and reverted back to the Shure foamies. Oh, I should also note I'm using Shure SE215 earphones. I was left feeling all the hype was for nothing and these Comply tips are nothing to get excited about.

A few months down the line I bought the Comply P series foamies but opted for all 3 sizes and found the sound drastically changes with the size of the eartip. I found the smallest tip gave great sound, but not enough padding to give good comfort. The medium tips gave great comfort, but lacked depth within the music. The largest pair gave too much bass, not enough treble and were fatiguing to wear.

After another few months, I've now reverted back to the T-100's for a second try after learning through the P series. So I opted for all 3 sizes. Until anyone is a regular buyer of Comply foam tips, I would ALWAYS recommend buying a pack of all 3 sizes first! I then tried them on in size order testing with both my laptop and my Cowon X7.

The smallest tips gave a nice all-round balanced sound. The treble wasn't too bright but was neither too recessed. The midrange didn't sound any different than my P series tips and the bass was present, however it didn't extend as well as I would like it. On top of that, comfort was awful as the tips are super small.

I then moved on to the medium pair which I had before, and like before, the sound was terrible. The highs were recessed and the mids were washed out giving it that 'tinny' sound. On top of that, the bass wasn't clean either. I then moved on to the final tips, the biggest of the lot.

The biggest tips turned out to be perfect. They offered supreme comfort without feeling like the foam was expanding to stretch out my ears (like the biggest P series tips were) and the sound was by far the best. I was left blown away as the highs were very spacious offering clarity without being too bright and the high-mids provided great detail and lower-mids were very deep, although a little muddy. This was rectified later by adjusting the EQ. The bass extended far deeper than any of the others and gave a great deal of depth to the music.

The moral of the story then is although the size of the tips is important for fit, it is equally important for the soundstage of the music. Just a slight change of size can drastically change the way your music sounds. Don't go thinking these Comply tips are the bee's knee's as you might not find a size that gives you both comfort and excellent sound quality. It's whatever suits you, but in order to find out which one suits you best, you need to try all the sizes. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend people to try these atleast once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacements for Shure SE-110 tips, 3 Sep 2009
R. Blake - See all my reviews
After my Shure earphone foam tips had seen their best, i bought these as a replacement (pack of 6). They fit just as snug into the ear if not better but their only downside is their colour as a light grey will show up your ear muck and general dirt a lot more than the black ones Shure provide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable foam tips, 3 Mar 2009
O. Mohatarem (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these for my Shure E3g headphones as the standard synthetic tips don't fit my ears particularly well (they keep slipping out) and I don't like the supplied alternative foam tips as they are too soft and don't last very long (keep losing shape very quickly). The Comply foam tips are soooooooo comfortable - they slip in easily without needing to be deformed like the Shure foam tips and they just stay put leading to better isolation and sound quality. They seem slightly firmer than the Shure foam tips, so I'm hoping that means they should last longer without losing their shape. All in all, highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not good enough - buy originals!, 7 Jun 2013
Michael Kirwan (Greystones, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have Shure SE215 earphones.

At first, when you put them in, they feel comfortable, you'd hardly know they were there at all, however they don't offer as much by way of isolation from the outside world compared to the Shure version. After just a week, these tips were starting to lose some of their spring and within a fortnight they were no use. Squeezing them to place in the ear was no longer required as they didn't hold form for even a second to allow them to expand in the ear. There was virtually no sound isolation and to make matters worse, there was a constant need to readjust the earphones as they kept slipping out.

I'll be going back to the originals from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy originals, 21 Jan 2013
Got these for my Shure E3Cs, they fit the ear buds well, but that is about the only positive, I didn't find them comfortable and they deteriorate very quickly even if not used. I would recommend buying the original (yellow) foam tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 17 May 2010
Dervish Mono (UK) - See all my reviews
I have a pair of Sleek audio headphones, and the in ear buds that come with them just don't fit snuggley enough, i'm in between medium and large for these buds. I did some research and found these ones and they work perfectly. Never drop out and great noise isolation. Very happy with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid Foam Tips, 12 Jan 2009
Amazing Foam tips. They are really easy to put on and soft on your ears (you can barely, if at all, feel them in your ears). The seal is much better than the stock black syntetic tips that come with shure headphones which result in better noise cancelling and better sound quality (music sounds a lot more clearer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure they will fit your model earphones, 13 April 2014
Defiantly better than the rubber buds. Mould to the ear and very comfortable. Great from the gym that plays load music. Shuts every thing out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 5 April 2014
Ordered these for my S4's after not agreeing with the silicone ear buds that came with them (they fell out at the slightest movement at the gym). Purchasing these was a last ditch effort before forking out for some new headphones.

I purchased a 'large'. Wouldn't say I had massive ears, but seeing as it's "expanding foam" it seemed like a logical move. My logic prevailed and I'm very pleased. The foam creates an air tight seal, which is quite weird at first as it literally blocks all outside noise. The clarity that you get because of this seal is amazing, the highs and lows are crisp, with great base. They're a lifesaver at the gym too, the headphones stay in place and gone are the days of listening to dry gym music, pond life grunting and weights being thrown around.

All in all, very pleased and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comply Comply, 2 April 2014
Get the right size and the right model and COMPLY will give you a perfect seal. The tips last for about a month, depending on how much you use them, but for me, heavy use, including Gym etc, I get a month.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›