4.0 out of 5 stars No more burnt mouths
Published on 13 Jan. 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea.... but flawed
The heat transfer is a nice idea, but on a mug in daily use the transfer soon starts to peel away

I drink mainly green tea and reckon the longer exposure to near boiling water compared to normal tea or coffee with added milk
meant that within a week parts of the transfer had started to peel off, sometimes ending up on my lips which was a nasty feeling...
Published on 26 April 2012 by B. O'Leary

4.0 out of 5 stars No more burnt mouths, 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
I was given this mug for Christmas and it's such great fun! I've only given it 4 stars as it can't go into the dishwasher or microwave, but that's not a big deal for me. To avoid putting it into the dishwasher accidentally, I use it at work. I sometimes drink hot water or Cup-a-Soup and because the liquid needs to be quite hot in order for Pac-man to appear and keep him there, I know when the drink has cooled down enough for me to drink it when Pac-man starts disappearing, so no more burning of the mouth with hot liquids!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea.... but flawed, 26 April 2012
B. O'Leary - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)

I never placed it within a dishwasher, and made sure to be careful when cleaning the surface
but with half of it already off within two weeks, it made sense to remove what was left of the transfer material

To me it looks better without the gimmicky transfer effect, and seeing as it requires near boiling water for the image to appear on the mug
I don't think it would have lasted much longer than what it did for me

Bought the mug in April 11, and it lasted almost a full year before the handle cracked off a few weeks ago.
Repaired the cracked handle with epoxy resin which should outlast the rest of the mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant birthday gift, 5 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my dad's 60th birthday, as he has two or three mugs which are 'his', and broke one of them last month. So I found this after searching online and snapped it up.

The heat-changing aspect works really well - the little monsters and pac man appear in the maze if you put hot water / tea / coffee etc into the mug. Nice price for such an item (shame it can't go in the dishwasher though). However, a small complaint would be that in order for the score to appear, you have to fill the mug pretty much right to the brim. That makes it difficult to drink from with that amount of hot liquid in it. Perhaps move the heat-changing transfer down a bit next time? Other than that, a wonderful gift for those who were around in the 80's and remember the classic Pac man games, or for those just after a bit of fun with ther cup of tea at work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended!, 13 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
My son was really excited to receive this for his birthday - On the positive side the cup looks really cool, arrived quickly and it wasn't very expensive for a heat change mug. BUT one of the transfers peeled off the very first time the cup was washed (by hand in warm soapy water). Therefore, the cup it not worth buying if you want a heat change mug. Very disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 13 Aug. 2011
Mr. D. Clark (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
This mug is pretty much everything you would expect in a mug, it has a handle, it holds liquid well without said handle detaching from body and scalding you and it has a flat bottom so as it doesn't tip over when you are not wanting to hold it. On top of that, when it gets hot, little ghosts and pac men appear (when the mug gets hot that is, not when you get hot - to be clear, the ghosts appear on the mug, not in your house or anything). If you are fed up with said ghosts appearing on you're mug, you could simply fill it with cold liquid, or put it in the dishwasher and it becomes a plain old mug but with a maze drawn on it. For the price, I don't really know what you are expecting. Some people eh, want the world for nothing.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars made my day, 22 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
its a really great item and really intresting to use :P
i would like to say though DO NOT put it in the dishwasher as i did it absentmindedly and the tape that conceals the pattern until heated was partly ripped off its not major though :)
it arrived on time and was really fun to try it out first time, and you never get bored of it :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Oct. 2014
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
I ordered two of these. They were sent to me with no additional packaging so 1 was smashed on arrival. I would have returned/asked for another but with the second mug the heat change logo was rubbish, printed wonkily/badly and came off in the first 2-3 washes. Looks like a cool mug but sadly is carp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky mug!, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this mug for my brother - he loves it! The little images that appear look really good and it withstands the dishwasher really well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
Really good value for money, very nice design, love the colours. Fantastic idea for a stocking filler or secret santa

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality- Avoid!, 1 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug (Kitchen & Home)
I received this mug as a gift and was very happy when I saw the box, but less happy when I saw it.

On a close inspection of the mug it was extremely obvious and visible where the heat change chemicals had been applied. Whilst on other types of heat change mug, the entire mug is treated, this mug had had spots applied which were easily noticeable when the mug was not in use.

Furthermore, after just a few uses of the mug, the heat change parts appeared to become compromised and stayed permanently as a milky white, negating the whole purpose of the mug.

Overall I am extremely dissatisfied with this product and would strongly advise against purchasing it.

Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug