5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wireless sound system
Firstly I must make clear that I am not an audiophile, but to my unrefined ears
the sound quality is amazing. The bass is rich and the sound quality does not distort
at high volumes (and this can be very loud).

It is a nice compact model with an ipod/iphone dock which works a treat, as when you
pull the device out of the speaker system out pops...
Published on 6 Feb. 2012 by cryptic

2.0 out of 5 stars Eventually got there
Judging by the other reviews left for this item I expected it to be pretty good. The sound quality is great as others have said, however, I experienced problems with the actual functioning of the unit.

After a month and a half im now on my 3rd one - which finally works! The first unit was very temperamental and would connect via bluetooth with my ipod...
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by jonathon dymond

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wireless sound system, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Creative ZiiSound D5 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with iPhone and iPodDock (Electronics)
Firstly I must make clear that I am not an audiophile, but to my unrefined ears
at high volumes (and this can be very loud).

pull the device out of the speaker system out pops the wireless transmitter with it
and you can seamlessly listen to music with no reduction in quality.

The only for me would be the cloth exterior.
The cloth, although very aesthetically pleasing, gathers dust quite easily and so
I found myself cleaning the system often.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - but not quite perfect, 22 Dec. 2010
I wanted this for two things - 1. as a Bluetooth speaker to use with my laptop and iPod, and 2. as a speaker to plug in to my TV (no home cinema for me!) On both counts, it performs very well.

Sound Quality
Very good - plenty of bite, and very reasonable bass, considering the size of the drivers. The quality of the sound using Creative's special Bluetooth codec is very much better than through standard BT - so their dongles are recommended.

Aesthetics
Works well in my room - nice and sleek, not too "in your face"

Ergonomics
Pairing with Creative's own dongles is very easy. I've got two (one for the iPod, one for the PC), and switching between them is easy, if confusing. It's not possible to tell which device is connected, as far as I can see. There might be some meaning to the different patterns of blinking lights, but I can't see it described anywhere...
The volume is a little difficult to get a handle on. I've got this in quite a small room, where volume on 2 is too quiet, and volume on 3 is a little loud, most of the time. It's very much step-change between volume levels.

Value for money
Well, depends on your preferences. It's expensive, and you'll get better sound quality from the Gigaworks T40ii speakers (which I also have) which are a third the price. But the flexibility of Bluetooth, and the good looks of the D5 are valuable too. If the D5 was 25% cheaper, I'd say it's excellent value. As it is, it's a personal choice.

Overall
It does what I want it to, and it does it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big sound from small package, 6 Aug. 2010
Gadget Fan (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Firstly I would not say this is perfect, but it is exceptionally good. Really I would have liked to have given it 4.5 but I'm feeling generous. I think this little system sounds as good (or better) than a similar Bose system. Now admittedly I also think the Klipsch systems sound stunning, and pretty much as good as Bose, and obviously represent stunning value. However this has more tricks up its sleeve. What I love is the bluetooth pairing. It comes with a bluetooth connector for your iPod/iPhone and is so simple to use - plug it in, wait a few secs and voila you are connected. No messing around with pairing manually.

Also anyone who pops over for dinner can connect their mobile phone to the system and play their tunes through it as well! Great, unless you don't like their music taste of course. You can control volume and tracks just like you would on your device. It's so easy to use that I have both this and my HiFi system in the dining room. Ok so the sound is not quite as good as my Hi-Fi set-up, but it's surprisingly close. I also have music streaming from my computer via an Airport Express to my Hi-Fi, using my iPhone as a remote. The prob with the remote app is that it regularly needs to reconnect after a period of stand-by. This takes a while and irritates. The Zii Sound just stays connected, even after you wake the iPhone, meaning it's ready to change volume, pause or change tracks straight away. As a result I find myself using this when we have guests over, just in case I need to skip past an embarrassing track!

The unit will charge an iPod/iPhone but only with the bluetooth connector attached - and it also has volume control on the top which is a touch sensitive affair, but not 100 percent to my liking - it looks cool but is a little unresponsive (hence a theoretical 1/2 star off). The build quality feels solid, and although it's no zeppelin for looks I think it looks pretty good, and surprisingly small. We've used this recently for an event where there was no PA system and we needed to be able to fill a large room with sound (about the size of four normal lounges) - it coped easily. It does perform best when there is a good clear space in front of it to be able to really project the sound outwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small package's, 2 Nov. 2012
Bought this to listen to music on (ipad) the sound reproduction is really outstanding for it's size it even out performs
my Logic3 Sound Bar which has got to be at least 6 times bigger and boast's 100 RMS compared to 30 RMS for the Creative ZiiSound D5 I'm thinking of getting rid of my sound bar & using this instead Iv'e come to realise that if you want surround sound then you need to get a proper system don't be put off with the 30 RMS there's no way I'll need to use it at full volume the cable that's supplied to enable you to connect to your TV is only about 2ft long so you may have too get a longer cable the one I'm getting is 2 metre's and cost's £4.99 from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound as ever from Creative, 22 Nov. 2012
Just opened my Christmas pressie early to test it....Of course! Wow! What a glorious noise you get from this amazing box of tricks. Got mine in promotional sale for black friday week and can't believe the quality of the sound. Would easily have paid full price having heard it. Tried it with ipad 2. Blackberry tablet and sony arc s using both blue tooth and aux. all worked flawlessly. Even wandered into to another room with no interuption to the sound. Great bass dont think i need the sub woofer that is available. Heavy, quality construction. Can get very loud with no distortion. Moving to this from a ten year old creative 5700 surround system and dont think i will miss it at all. Now i want another of these beauties! My first review of any of the many purchases from amazon ive made. Get one. You wont regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound...Very Good overall, 25 Dec. 2012
Sound is Great as expected from Creative Labs. Looks Awesome! Its as easy to setup as plug and play. Wireless range a bit limited. Overall a Good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars hands down the best bluetooth speaker compared to JawBone, 3 Dec. 2014
Absolutely phenomenal, hands down the best bluetooth speaker compared to JawBone, Beats, Logitech UE etc etc. However they are battery operated portable players this is not.
Played at full pelt with tracks ranging from low bitrate MP3s to stupidly high FLAC, ALAC and DSD and it performed flawlessly, no clue where all the chat about distortion is coming from.
Obviously won't replace proper Hi-Fi but in an office or small apartment you could do far worse especially if you picked it up in a sale for 65£
Highly recommended speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this speaker, 17 Aug. 2012
I carried out a great deal of research before buying this speaker and I am delighted with the result. The ability to listen to music with the iPad in hand is most useful. Sound quality in my opinion is first class. Small problems with the first one I received were dealt with expeditiously and very effectively by Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very successful birthday present, 10 Jun. 2014
Mrs. Elizabeth A. Shepherd (Bucks UK) - See all my reviews
My husband asked for this for his birthday present. What a find. The quality of the sound is amazing and it looks good too. There was no bad language so I assume it was easy to set up. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my hi-fi, 29 May 2014
M. D. Limb "Michaellimb" (London) - See all my reviews
The sound from this blue tooth player is better than my considerably more expensive hi-fi separates system. It mates easily with any blue tooth device, like an iPhone and docks easily with an iPod (16 pin and my version). Or else you can hardwire between the earphone output and 3.5mm input. Classy looking, great sound and simple to use.