5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wireless sound system
Firstly I must make clear that I am not an audiophile, but to my unrefined ears
the sound quality is amazing. The bass is rich and the sound quality does not distort
at high volumes (and this can be very loud).

It is a nice compact model with an ipod/iphone dock which works a treat, as when you
pull the device out of the speaker system out pops...
Published on 6 Feb. 2012 by cryptic

2.0 out of 5 stars Eventually got there
Judging by the other reviews left for this item I expected it to be pretty good. The sound quality is great as others have said, however, I experienced problems with the actual functioning of the unit.

After a month and a half im now on my 3rd one - which finally works! The first unit was very temperamental and would connect via bluetooth with my ipod...
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by jonathon dymond

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wireless sound system, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Creative ZiiSound D5 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with iPhone and iPodDock (Electronics)
Firstly I must make clear that I am not an audiophile, but to my unrefined ears
at high volumes (and this can be very loud).

pull the device out of the speaker system out pops the wireless transmitter with it
and you can seamlessly listen to music with no reduction in quality.

The only for me would be the cloth exterior.
The cloth, although very aesthetically pleasing, gathers dust quite easily and so
I found myself cleaning the system often.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - but not quite perfect, 22 Dec. 2010
I wanted this for two things - 1. as a Bluetooth speaker to use with my laptop and iPod, and 2. as a speaker to plug in to my TV (no home cinema for me!) On both counts, it performs very well.

Sound Quality
Very good - plenty of bite, and very reasonable bass, considering the size of the drivers. The quality of the sound using Creative's special Bluetooth codec is very much better than through standard BT - so their dongles are recommended.

Aesthetics
Works well in my room - nice and sleek, not too "in your face"

Ergonomics
Pairing with Creative's own dongles is very easy. I've got two (one for the iPod, one for the PC), and switching between them is easy, if confusing. It's not possible to tell which device is connected, as far as I can see. There might be some meaning to the different patterns of blinking lights, but I can't see it described anywhere...
The volume is a little difficult to get a handle on. I've got this in quite a small room, where volume on 2 is too quiet, and volume on 3 is a little loud, most of the time. It's very much step-change between volume levels.

Value for money
Well, depends on your preferences. It's expensive, and you'll get better sound quality from the Gigaworks T40ii speakers (which I also have) which are a third the price. But the flexibility of Bluetooth, and the good looks of the D5 are valuable too. If the D5 was 25% cheaper, I'd say it's excellent value. As it is, it's a personal choice.

Overall
It does what I want it to, and it does it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big sound from small package, 6 Aug. 2010
Gadget Fan (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Firstly I would not say this is perfect, but it is exceptionally good. Really I would have liked to have given it 4.5 but I'm feeling generous. I think this little system sounds as good (or better) than a similar Bose system. Now admittedly I also think the Klipsch systems sound stunning, and pretty much as good as Bose, and obviously represent stunning value. However this has more tricks up its sleeve. What I love is the bluetooth pairing. It comes with a bluetooth connector for your iPod/iPhone and is so simple to use - plug it in, wait a few secs and voila you are connected. No messing around with pairing manually.

Also anyone who pops over for dinner can connect their mobile phone to the system and play their tunes through it as well! Great, unless you don't like their music taste of course. You can control volume and tracks just like you would on your device. It's so easy to use that I have both this and my HiFi system in the dining room. Ok so the sound is not quite as good as my Hi-Fi set-up, but it's surprisingly close. I also have music streaming from my computer via an Airport Express to my Hi-Fi, using my iPhone as a remote. The prob with the remote app is that it regularly needs to reconnect after a period of stand-by. This takes a while and irritates. The Zii Sound just stays connected, even after you wake the iPhone, meaning it's ready to change volume, pause or change tracks straight away. As a result I find myself using this when we have guests over, just in case I need to skip past an embarrassing track!

The unit will charge an iPod/iPhone but only with the bluetooth connector attached - and it also has volume control on the top which is a touch sensitive affair, but not 100 percent to my liking - it looks cool but is a little unresponsive (hence a theoretical 1/2 star off). The build quality feels solid, and although it's no zeppelin for looks I think it looks pretty good, and surprisingly small. We've used this recently for an event where there was no PA system and we needed to be able to fill a large room with sound (about the size of four normal lounges) - it coped easily. It does perform best when there is a good clear space in front of it to be able to really project the sound outwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small package's, 2 Nov. 2012
Bought this to listen to music on (ipad) the sound reproduction is really outstanding for it's size it even out performs
my Logic3 Sound Bar which has got to be at least 6 times bigger and boast's 100 RMS compared to 30 RMS for the Creative ZiiSound D5 I'm thinking of getting rid of my sound bar & using this instead Iv'e come to realise that if you want surround sound then you need to get a proper system don't be put off with the 30 RMS there's no way I'll need to use it at full volume the cable that's supplied to enable you to connect to your TV is only about 2ft long so you may have too get a longer cable the one I'm getting is 2 metre's and cost's £4.99 from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound as ever from Creative, 22 Nov. 2012
Just opened my Christmas pressie early to test it....Of course! Wow! What a glorious noise you get from this amazing box of tricks. Got mine in promotional sale for black friday week and can't believe the quality of the sound. Would easily have paid full price having heard it. Tried it with ipad 2. Blackberry tablet and sony arc s using both blue tooth and aux. all worked flawlessly. Even wandered into to another room with no interuption to the sound. Great bass dont think i need the sub woofer that is available. Heavy, quality construction. Can get very loud with no distortion. Moving to this from a ten year old creative 5700 surround system and dont think i will miss it at all. Now i want another of these beauties! My first review of any of the many purchases from amazon ive made. Get one. You wont regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, good price, nice style, 23 Aug. 2013
I was looking for a Bluetooth speaker to use with Google Play Music All Access and my Apt-x compatible smartphone. I saw that this product was more than half-price and had been reviewed very well.

Firstly the speaker is quite small and compact but looks very stylish if this is an issue for you. It's ideal for a bedroom or smaller room but it is capable of generating significant volume for such a small speaker. The sound quality to my inexpert ears is very good. It's clear and the bass sounds very good for something so small. I have used it exclusively with Apt-x so I don't know what it sounds like with just regular Bluetooth. I mostly listen to classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Boston, Bad Company, Cream etc.) and electro-rock/pop (M83, MGMT, Chvrches etc.) and it works very well with both of these genres. I'd recommend getting an equalizer for your phone/tablet/laptop so you can adjust the sound to get the most from this speaker. You can also plug other devices in using aux input (3.5mm) and a cable is supplied. There seems to be no difference to using this input and Apt-x Bluetooth but it's a good option for older MP3 players.

The Bluetooth pairs very easily and is very reliable. It's very easy to use and so far I've not had the signal drop if I stay with 10m and in line of sight.

Overall I really like this speaker. However I would definitely not have paid the RRP, it's simply far too expensive. Amazon's current price (£100) is more than reasonable however. If you want much higher quality sound, I'd recommend considering expensive headphones or wired speakers. The wireless feature is very convenient but you can get better sound for less with a wired option (speaker or headphones).

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, but a bit pricey, 12 Jan. 2013
Brought this on boxing day and it more than exceeds my expectations.
Plugged the supplied transmitter into my Ipod touch and it connected immediately and then you can use it as a remote.
I have streamed radio from my Ipod and you can control the volume from the Ipod.
just a reminder that the transmitter does not fit the latest Apple products, but to me that is a issue with apple not the speaker.
Once the speaker is paired with my laptop, it links immediately I touch the front of the speaker.
As others have stated the sound quality is amazing.
I brought this speaker in the lightning deal and am very happy with what I got for my money. I had been looking enviously at the speaker for weeks previously but couldn't justify the price tag.

Conclusion:-

If you can justify paying the price of this speaker then you will not be disappointed.
If you get an opportunity to purchase at under a hundred pounds then jump at it.

I only give it 4 stars because of the current price.
At the price I paid it would be a 4.5 (I hate to score anything perfect).

4.0 out of 5 stars Why does it keep cutting out? Advice, please, 26 Oct. 2013
Hi

I am a complete novice with matters audio but I bought the Creative ZiiSound D5 (my first-ever speakers) via Amazon because it got mostly good reviews and the price tag of £98 was a real attraction. I was suspicious because the original price was around £279 but I guess it has been reduced by so much because the ZiiSound dates back a couple of years. However, it looks good, sounds good, and is really solidly constructed. However, the Blutooth connection from my Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet keeps cutting out when I pair it with the ZiiSound. Is this because the ZiiSound is placed very close to my wireless blu-tooth smart DVD player? The ZiiSound is in this position because it is the focal point of the room, where the TV also is. My wife tells me it complements the other devices in looks ! The Zii seems to work OK at the other end of the room (where I don't really want it) and also OK next to the DVD player using the Aux-in linked to my tablet. Is there anything I can do, or is the Zii going to have to go to the other end of our lounge. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Feb. 2013
I knew when I set out that finding a speaker with the sound quality specifications that I was looking for was going to be difficult in my price range. I ended up spending just above my initial price range, and don't regret it at all (yet!). The product was well packaged, and it looks excellent. As far as the spec goes, the low end is very good at low-mid volume levels (though I live in a flat with other people so I can't put it above that anyway), middle is very solid, and the treble appears very crisp.

The unit produces excellent sound quality for the size, also. And the sub-woofer packs a real punch on bassy tracks.

I would recommend this unit to a friend.

The only thing that lets it down slightly (and it's not enough for me to warrant removing a star)is that it doesn't come with a USB bluetooth adapter for other USB products (even though there is an image of one in the product description) and the price is fairly substantial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing!, 15 Sept. 2013
I have only written one or two reviews on amazon, but I really feel like expressing my satisfaction with this item.

For this price, I would be amazed if it were possible to find a higher quality piece of equipment. I simply couldn't believe what I heard the first time I switched it on and played a track. I paired it with a Samsung Galaxy S3, the transmisson was crystal clear with no stuttering, even when the phone was moved to another room.

But the sound this this puts out is luscious, warm and full, particularly noticeable at the lower end. And at max volume, it's LOUD, with almost no distortion. Way louder than most people will probably ever care to go, I expect.

I have had no experience using the dongle as my phone has apt-x bluetooth built in, so I can't comment on that feature.

At this price it's an incredible deal.