5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!
I have tried so many pillows over the years that my wife thought I was mad. I have tried orthopaedic, tempur, other types of memory foam, mixed fillings, feather, down, goose, you name it - I just couldn't find any that gave me a fantastic nights sleep every night. Some pillows cost me nearly £100.

The challenge was that several nights a week, I would sleep,...
Published on 4 Jan. 2009 by Stephen Conway

3.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy for my natural sleep position
Published 17 months ago by Ripple

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 4 Jan. 2009

The challenge was that several nights a week, I would sleep, but wake up shattered, which would lead to massive depression. I had pillows that would occasionally be great (mainly feather based), but as I toss and turn a lot a night most of the pillows would wake me up.

It was in desperation that I turned to this pillow after checking out the company's website and saw the video testimonials that I thought I would give it a try. Having spent so much money on pillows over the years, I was worried this too would be a disappointment.

Not so!!

I have had this pillow for over 2 weeks now and am sleeping better than ever. It is THE most comfortable pillow I have ever had. You just fill it with water (the amount is up to you - I didn't want it too firm as I have neck issues) and then just lie back and enjoy. Every time you move the water moves gently around to cradle your head whatever your position i.e. on your side or back. It is like sleeping on a cloud.

I love it so much that my wife has bought one too and she loves it too!

If you are in any doubt whatsoever, and like me have had challenges sleeping (in my case 30 years - I am 42) then your search is over.

What price do I put on a goods night sleep? Well as I am self employed, this is literally worth everything to me. Goodbye depression - hello world! Oh yes and my sex life has improved as I am not so tired - yipee!

And that is why I have bothered to write such a long review - it is a life saver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly comfortable and supportive pillow - no neck ache., 27 Oct. 2013
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mediflow Waterbase Fibrefill Pillow, Regular Size (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mediflow Waterbase Pillow is incredibly comfortable, offers a great deal of support and I'm impressed. The pillow is basically a pocket of water surrounded by an insulating layer covered by a cushion of polyester fibre, hypoallergenic. It's up to you to decide how much water you want to add, depending on how hard or soft you like your pillow, and the instructions are clearly set out for you to follow. It's a foolproof process requiring you to do no more than unscrew a plastic cap and replace with a small funnel through which you pour the water. I used 4 litres for full firmness but you can adjust the amount of water until you have the desired level of support.

I wasn't at all sure what to expect. My biggest worry was how on earth the water wouldn't leak out through the plastic cap if I put any weight on it. I was also concerned about just how noisy four litres of water would sound sloshing around under my head if I made any sudden movement. I needn't have worried. The bed's bone dry but; you really do need to empty the air out of the water pocket properly, follow the instructions, to get rid of the sloshing sound. So long as you do that you shouldn't have any problems though you're always going to hear the water to some degree.

You don't need to use any special type of water to fill the pillow, cold or lukewarm tap water is fine, and you can leave the water inside the pillow for up to one year without changing it or adding any chemicals.

Without a doubt the most comfortable pillow I've used and I'm not waking up with aches and pains in my neck and shoulder. I'm happy to recommend and I'm just about to order another pillow for my husband who was incredibly sceptical but has now become something of a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure bliss - supremely comfortable and supportive: look forward to bedtime!, 27 Oct. 2013
K Wren "K Wren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It does seem strange to pour 2-5 litres of water into a screw-capped pocket within a pillow and I admit to some scepticism - but I was wrong. Very wrong!

As an insomniac who spends much of the early hours tossing and turning, I've had greatly improved sleep with this pillow (much to my surprise). It's the same size as a standard pillow and wonderfully supportive whether you lie on your front, back or side. Filled with 4.5 litres of water it doesn't make any sloshing noises (again, to my surprise), maintains its shape and due to the heavy weight, it doesn't move around the bed at night.

There's no need to adjust your position to get comfortable, the pillow adjusts and conforms to you instead thanks to the water. As you move your head, the water moves to accommodate providing comfortable support in any position and the level of support can be adjusted simply by adding more or less water until it's right for you.

It needs no maintenance other than replacing the water annually and it's backed by a manufacturer's 3 year warranty.

I'm both very surprised and very impressed and would highly recommend this pillow to anyone with either sleep difficulties or neck problems and I don't think anyone could be disappointed by it.

Absolute bliss!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for Neck and Shoulder Problems 5 Stars Highly Recommend. Wish I had found this years ago., 8 Feb. 2015
I am so happy I took the plunge and purchased this pillow. I have arthritis in my neck and shoulders, I have purchased pillows of every sort. I have paid £100 for a Hungarian Goose Down, a lot for Memory Foam and tried most of all the others.
I was sure I would never find one that helped me get a sleep without waking up in pain.
I cannot rate this pillow highly enough, I filled it with 1 and 1/2 litres of water. Truthfully I have not woken up in pain since first use. I am getting a much better nights sleep. If I'm not in pain when I waken I am a much happier person to live with.
I urge others who have the same symptoms as myself to make this a definite buy. I have no hesitation regarding advising others to go for it.
I am sure a few people will waken up after sleeping on this and tell themselves "I am so glad I read that review"

3.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy for my natural sleep position, 21 Nov. 2013
Ripple (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In terms of the concept, this is a good product. It does what it claims to do and like most clever ideas, is incredibly simple. You simply pour water into a sealed pouch at the base of this pillow and sleep on the other side, which is like a conventional pillow on top. It's easy to fill and the instructions are very clear. I found when I half filled it to the medium level, there was some water sloshing noise and despite following the instructions for expelling the air, I couldn't get all the air out. But when I filled it to the maximum level, for a firmer pillow, somehow it was easier to expel the air.

My problem with it though was as more down to personal foibles. Somehow, I have always only been able to sleep by putting one arm under the pillow that I'm sleeping on. I have no idea how I started this and it probably explains why if my pillow is too soft I get bad neck ache. But try as I might, I have not been able to shake this habit. Now, with this water filled pillow filled to the max, it weighs a LOT. I dropped off OK but in my sleep I moved to my natural sleep position and woke up immediately with what felt like a ten tonne weight on my arm. After a few weeks, I had to give up. It is great for a bolster pillow to read a book with in bed, but that's a bit of a waste.

If you sleep in a "normal" position, I'd guess this is good, but for me, sadly it just didn't work. It's the same reason that the memory foam products don't work for me but of the two, I slightly prefer this option.

3.0 out of 5 stars I can still manage a few sleepless hours, 13 Nov. 2013
JJ (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The reviews for this pillow are certainly interesting and quite varied.
For me, I found it quite a plump pillow but it is quite soft so I am fine about putting another pillow on top of it for lying reading.
You can adjust the firmness by varying the amount of water you put in but it is very important to follow the instructions of squishing the air out (as much as you can) then, though you hear the sloshing of the water when you pick up the pillow, you shouldn't hear it when you lie on it or move your head. I certainly find it works for me.
I have used a Tempur pillow for many years (it probably did need replacing)and am happy enough with this as a replacement.
A couple of things are a bit of a nuisance though; it is quite a heavy pillow and needs a bit of effort to squish it into my standard pillowcases, so I either persevere or have to buy bigger ones. Also, as another reviewer pointed out, I like to turn my pillow over and use a different side each night. You can't with or you'll be lying on the water filling valve.
My husband tried the pillow for a couple of nights and gave up and went back to the Tempur. He wasn't taken with it at all.
I do not find it a cold pillow (which would have been great for the night sweats).
There are some odd nights when I seem to take hours to drop off to sleep; the pillow has done nothing for this problem.
I am averagely impressed with this pillow. Heavy to move and shove in a pillowcase, but comfortable and supportive. It would be worth checking other reviews if you are looking for one to alleviate any pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aids a Good nights sleep, 1 Nov. 2013
Brian Hamilton "brianhamilton14" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very fussy when it comes to pillows, I sleep on my side and my head has to be at just the right height, too high and I can't get to sleep, too low and I wake up the next day with a crick in my neck. I have been using a memory foam pillow that is shaped like a curved wedge, the fat end goes under your neck and, overall, this has proven to be pretty good.

After reading the reviews on the Mediflow I thought it would be worth a go.

The concept is simple, at the bottom of the pillow is a plastic pouch spread and stitched along the length of the pillow and you fill this yourself with tap water, anything from 3 to 5 litres depending on how much support you want.

Filling the pouch is easy as there is a screw-in funnel supplied with the pillow. After a bit of experimenting I found that 5 litres did the trick for me.

The pillow has a good amount of lofting above the water-filled pouch so it doesn't feel that different to a standard pillow, however when you roll about during the night the water moves about in the pouch and supports your neck and head.

To be blunt, I am sold on this concept, I have not had a sleepless night since using this pillow, it really seems to work and my neck has never been sore in the morning.

There are a couple of downsides, firstly, I use a think pillow under the Mediflow to get my head at the correct height but, as the pillow weighs in the region of 5kg, the pillow underneath is getting a bit squashed. Secondly, I like to sit up and read in bed before going to sleep and normally prop my pillows against the head board, the Mediflow doesn't work out too good in this regard as the pouch weighs the pillow down and it is difficult to get it into a good position where it cushions and supports your back.

Still, despite these minor issues I have been delighted with this pillow, it really has worked for me and I am mega-fussy when it comes to sleeping.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 25 Jan. 2014
I bought one of these pillows as a present for my son, who often wakes up with a stiff neck and a headache. Since he has used the pillow he has had no more problems like this.
He was so impressed with it I ordered a second one for myself and used it last night for the first time. I had a wonderful night's sleep. I've used shaped pillows, memory foam pillows etc. but this waterbase pillow is better than any of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mediflow Waterbase Fibrefill Regular Pillow, 28 Oct. 2013
Mrs V (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Initially got very frustrated with this pillow because I couldn't get all the air out of the water tank and the water kept making sloshing sounds even though I followed the diagram to the letter for getting the air out. After going away for a cuppa I tried a different approach by attaching the lid very loosely, smoothing out from the top to where I approximately thought the water started then I rolled the top corner across towards the lid carefully making sure I wasn't leaking any water and then screwing the lid on tightly - and this worked a treat - no more sloshing. I popped in the full 3 litres of water as I like a firm pillow which does make for quite a bit of weight and whilst it didn't look very supportive I did have a very good night's sleep and have continued to do so. Definitely good value for money as the pillow it has replaced cost over £50. I also appreciate it only needs the tap water replacing once a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this.Buy this. Buy this. BRILLIANT., 10 Feb. 2015
If you have a neck problem, BUY THIS PILLOW.My husband has suffered for over 30 years, not being able to get a comfortable night`s sleep.Tossing and turning, waking up with pain in this neck, and even the fitted sheet all mangled on his side of the bed.

Within minutes of him getting in to bed with his head on this pillow, he was sleeping like a baby, with what seemed like a smile on his face.It must have been a smile as he woke up the following morning with a broad smile on his face and the bottom fitted sheet was perfectly flat and still fitting where it should be.He even admitted to me; "This is definitely one of your better buys.In fact it is the BEST".

Now I have a peaceful nights sleep and less work making the bed every morning.