5.0 out of 5 stars my new best friend

3.0 out of 5 stars Short cord, terrible floor attachment
Published on 17 Feb. 2013 by Lyndsey J Bramble

5.0 out of 5 stars my new best friend, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
After reading loads of reviews regarding other well known steamers, I purchased this little fellow last week. The main reasons I bought this was it had a water capacity of one and a half litres, had a bar pressure of 4 and it was German. I have used a couple of German made products in the past and they have all stood the test of time and done exactly what it said on the tin. Bought it straight from the company in Germany and received it within a couple of days. The first day I got it I was like a kid with a new toy. I read the instructions, filled it up and I was off like a greyhound out of a trap. It heated up in the time stated, which was about eight mins, and I was still using it 40 mins later. The water in the tank does last for ages, and the pressure of the steam is fantastic. I cleaned all my oven in and out and all my work surfaces, I also managed to clean my tiles in my kitchen before I had to refill it again. During the past week I have steam cleaned my bedroom carpet and my stairs, what a difference it made.

The only negative thing I can say about this is the two small brushes that you get with it, they do tend to wear quickly, but besides that everything else is brilliant, don't be put off by the name, this company makes loads of products and I will certainly be looking at buying items from them in the future.

I nearly did buy the x5 steamer, the one they advertise on the TV, but after reading over 100 reviews about it which were really bad I decided to go for this one instead, so glad I did,
Besides my hubby this is my new best friend, can't wait to use it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 7 Oct. 2012
Brian SL Allen,Hon.FZPS,AHFAP (Inland Andalucia, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
I live in Spain and, as although I normally purchase through amazon.co.uk, could not on this occasion as not deliverable here, so bought via amazon.es. Our village hit the BBC News a week ago due flooding. My house had about 4" of water and silt. Local Spanish neighbours helped with main clearing but I needed to really deep clean so opted to chance buying this relatively inexpensive model. All I can say is it is fantastic. It has really cleaned all the silt splashes from the tiles, doors and glass and has quickly (and without pools of water) quickly (like one pass) cleaned the floor tiling superbly. Cannot recommend it enough. I found an in-depth video-ed German review on youtube that was a comparison with this model steam cleaner and one costing 10 times as much. This won hands down on every working count. As a not-too-young fellah, cleaning is not really my forté (as every lady would concur) but from now on I shall be enjoying using this because it not only cleans simply and easily, does not leave everything wet and, as stated, thoroughly disinfects due the steam heat - and it has not damaged any wood or furnishings either - it stows accessories in a small chamber. Only "con" is the lead could be longer but let's face it - not many appliances can be used throughout a house without adding an extension lead. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and the price is also amazingly cheap too, although more expensive from other than Amazon outlets. Oh yes - one extra point. When I (normally) order via amazon.co.uk, the delivery is usually within 3 days and well ahead of their forecasted delivery date from UK to Spain. Amazon.es - well, I ordered this at 4:30pm on Tuesday last and it was delivered to my door (and I am in rural, inland Andalucia) at exactly 12:15 the next day. Amazon has been my favourite provider for several years now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steaming everything in sight, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
Great steam cleaner. I keep cleaning my floors. Very easy to add attachments and water lasts for ages. Takes a little time to work on built up limescale but if you use limescale remover after blasting it it seems to work. One problem the little brush attachment is ruined after the first use. Going to need some replacements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price but not perfect, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
As other reviewers have commented it is a good product and does an excellent job of cleaning floors, windows, taps etc. I managed to source the cleaner for £68 direct from a supplier in Germany. There are a couple of things that niggle me though. They are;
1) the length of the power cord - Agreed this can negated by using an extension cable
2) I have noticed when cleaning floors you get a good 20 seconds powerful steam but after that you have to wait for the water to heat up again. This can often take a good minute or two and when you are cleaning 50m2 of flooring it does slow you down somewhat.
3) My biggest gripe is you cannot seem to source replacement parts in the UK (if you can please let me know from where?). The small and large brushes which you really need for cleaning ovens, grout, taps etc wear down very quickly. I contacted Clatronic for replacements on their website (they are 2 euros 95 each) but they do not deliver to the UK. So I went back to the company I purchased the 3280 from and they can purchase them for me but there is a delivery charge of 6 Euros from Clatronic to the supplier and then another 16 Euros from the supplier to me. That makes buying the brushes (or any other parts) a very expensive option and even buying them in bulk (10 of each) means you pay more for the brushes than the whole machine!!. If I had known it was going to be so hard and expensive to source spares I would have considered buying my second choice which was the Karcher (which was £40 more expensive)

3.0 out of 5 stars Short cord, terrible floor attachment, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
The steam cleaner has excellent power, however a few issues with it. The cord is very short, meaning you either need an extension cord with it or that you have to unplug and move it every few minutes (also there is no place for cord storage). The floor cleaning part is not well thought out. You need to clip on a cloth to the bottom, which is not very robust and the cloth which come with it is very thin. Otherwise you can use it with the brush attachment, but then you need to "mop" after it to actually collect all the dirt it has displaced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, don't buy, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
I bought this product after reading some reasonable reviews, and the item was sold by Trend Top Ltd, from Germany. It looked rather cheap with a plasticy feel to it, but worked as described the first few times, and I was reasonably happy with it. It takes about 10 minutes to get the steam head up, and lasts for about two minutes of continuous use only, but I only use it for small jobs such as cleaning carpet spillages. However, after being used maybe 10 times, it simply stopped working. All the lights came on as indicated, but no steam. I contacted the seller, and after a protracted wrangle, lasting over a month, I eventually got them to pick it up and got my money back. Trend Top was one of the worst sellers I have dealt with, and the bottom line is, there is no point buying these relatively big household items from Amazon. In the UK, the Consumer Protection Act offers a degree of protection against faulty goods and poor service. If you buy something like this in the UK from a UK retailer, and it breaks down within a year due to a manufacturing defect, you can almost certainly get your money back with no hassle. You can get a refund for sure if it breaks within the first 6 months. In this case, I was flabbergasted when I contacted Amazon and they said they cannot help as the item broke more than 90 days after purchase. How they can call this an example of a the "safe buying guarantee" they flaunt on their website is beyond me.

After this one broke I researched some well-known brands and there were a few cases cited in customer feedback of the steam cleaner simply breaking down after a few uses. The difference is, if you buy from a UK retailer, you can get your money back or a replacement without wasting a month of your time. Do not buy this item to save a few pennies, because you will end up losing much more in your precious time and peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this cleaner, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
I researched steam cleaners for a while before purchasing this unit (I found the best source was typing Clatronic DR3280 in YouTube).
It was free delivery and took about a week to travel to the UK from Germany. I was surprised to see that the necessary postage labels had just been attached to the retail box and no extra packing had be used but it had survived its journey without any damage.
When I unpacked it and saw the quality of the machine and its accessorie I was very pleased and impressed.
I tried it almost immediatly and was delighted with its performance.I was so impressed as I cleaned wall tiles, patio doors, windows,tiled floors, sink, cooker hood, before taking it into the bathroom and using it to great effect in there.
I previously owned a hand held steam cleaner which now seems like a toy compared with the DR380.
I personally wish the power cord was a little longer but even that would not be a problem to most people.
I have never left feedback on any of my Amazon purchases before but i believe this product deserves a mention therefore I recommend the Clatronic DR3280 as I found it to be light, simple to use, quick, powerful, well made and effective and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clatronic Steam Cleaner DR-3280 1500W 1.5L 4 Bar, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
This has just got to be the best steam cleaner out there. Made in Germany to German standards. It is an awesome machine, used properly and as directed this cleaner produces an abundance of steam at a very good pressure, I have cleaned stuff that looked very clean, but introduce the Clatronic Steam Cleaner DR-3280 1500W 1.5L 4 Bar and hey presto, it becomes even cleaner by a mile. Everything that has been attacked with this machine has looked suoerb after the event, floors (yes, they are left practically dry) after they have been cleaned when used properly, tiles, both floor and walls, windows,, oven, hob,extractor they all have been attacked with vigour and WOW, the results are excellent. Yes the little brushes are not so good, but all the other attachments are excellent. The cleaner is solid and sturdy, the carpet cleaner is awesome, we have light plain carpets and thought that they were very clean, let's say, they certainly are now.
Don't be fooled by the competitive price, this cleaner has been compared with a top of the range one costing 300 euros on a German TV show, the comparison is on You Tube, seek it out, it sells itself, it doesn't need any advertising.
This review is not being written by an "over enthusiast" and is genuine, like anything, use the machine properly and you will get the just rewards. I have noticed two poor reviews, on this site, a child of five could use this machine and get great results, it is that good and easy, not that I would allow a child of five to use one of course.. Read the instructions, let it reach temperature and enjoy a clean house, it is as simple as that.
Buy one, you certainly won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars spares, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
Cleaner worth 5 stars - Clatronic spares worth zero - they will not send outside Germany and the round brushes will not last long.

5.0 out of 5 stars steamer review, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Clatronic DR 3280 (Tools & Hardware)
saw this steamer on amazon needed one so checked against others seemed to good to be true,did all it said it would very light and easy to use only one niggle it has a two pin plug but does come with three pin adaptor supplied also service[delivery] very good took approx 3 days and can be tracked every step of the way

Clatronic DR 3280