5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus is calling - are you ready to respond?
Published on 23 Jun 2009 by S. Keery

1.0 out of 5 stars HERESY Warning - NEW AGE DOCTRINES - KEEP AWAY
I will quote from a podcast done by "The Berean Call" (thebereancall.org) who interviewed Warren Smith (author of "Another Jesus" calling, critique of Young's book).

Warren Smith is an ex New Ager that was saved by The Lord.

I'll quote from the podcast (Tom is part of the the Berean Call's team).

Warren: «It kind of reminds...
Published 8 months ago by Vincenzo

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus is calling - are you ready to respond?, 23 Jun 2009
This review is from: Jesus Calling (Hardcover)
This daily devotional is a beautiful gift for anyone, or a treat to buy for yourself. Sarah Young used to write a journal for years and one day decided to begin listening to Jesus in a more attentive way. This book is the words that came to her, written as if Jesus Himself is speaking to you. In the pages are the words and scriptures Jesus lovingly laid on her heart. Sarah passes these words onto us with scriptures at the bottom of each page.

I read this through from cover to cover in one evening and wept my way through it. Each sentence has been lovingly crafted by a woman very in tune with her Saviour. Each chosen scripture has been blessed and fits perfectly with the days reading. This is such an unusual way of writing a daily devotional yet it is perfect. Why no one thought of this before I'll never know. To read as if Jesus is actually speaking directly to me is powerful in a way that is difficult to explain. That's why I cried - so many pages hit home and left me contemplating where I am right now with my own faith.

Jesus is calling - are you ready to respond?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great girly front cover edition of this wonderful devotional, 9 Aug 2013
I am delighted with this alternative cover for this special devotional. A really lovely gift to give to friends. Love the cover and the contents are life changing ! I was given a copy of this devotional a year ago by a friend and have been so encouraged by it, I have bought copies for many friends as gifts. Great there are alternative cover choices now to select from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, 22 Nov 2013
Mrs. L. Niblock (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have bought so many of these Jesus Calling books as gifts, the teen version and the adult one. I love mine (adult) and equally love the teen one, a little bit easier to understand. Great daily devotionals all very appropriate and seem to just speak when you need a little encouragement. I have bought this one for my 12yr old niece.

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific encouragement to fine tune your day, 12 May 2010
This review is from: Jesus Calling (Hardcover)
This is my first, and probably my only Amazon review. I've been an avid reader of Christian material for 35 years and 'been around a bit'. I lead a busy life running a small company of 50 people that's a market leader in its field. That's just to put in context that I don't have a lot of time. I've never been on 'Desert Island Disks' but along with my bible, if I could only take one other book it would be this one. I'd been wondering why there wasn't a book like this on the market and as much as I like to dip into other Christian devotionals there was a gap for me. I wanted something that echoed grace, gave a short reminder that in the hectic nature of daily commerce it is possible to get 'a scent of heaven'. Shortly after this desire occured, I found myself away from the UK in Manhatten and came across it in a bookshop. I've purchased numerous copies of it since and given them to friends, vicars and colleagues. In fact the reason I'm on the site now is to buy more copies for my grown up kids. In case you haven't gathered I'm enthusiastic about this little book, it's a gem and for me a real spiritual blessing. An unqualified buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Talking with the Lord, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence (Kindle Edition)
This little book is amazing, it helps me each morning to get into conversation with the Lord. He speaks to me, and He will speak to you. If you ever find it difficult to start a conversation with Him, then this is for you. He gently reminds us to spend time with Him.
I would definitley recommend you start the day with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book!, 13 Oct 2013
Susan Collins (Woodley, Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jesus Calling (Hardcover)
This is a book that I will always keep by me. I read it every day and find that it gives me encouragement and hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars A moment's sanity, 1 Aug 2012
Mr. P. Cook (UK) - See all my reviews
If you are a Christian who rushes through life (as most of us do) then this book is brilliant. It's about "practicing the presence of God" - or remembering that God is with you and for you wherever and whenever you are. You can read a day's reading in under a minute, but I find it to be a great "scene setter" for the day. I have given this to about half a dozen people all of which have found it really helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying!, 13 May 2013
KARL SHERIDAN (East Riding of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Saw 'Jesus Calling' mentioned while watching a program about the Amish in the USA. I decided to buy it and now read it every morning. Its a daily devotional and it offers the word of Jesus to you. It makes you think and reflect for the day, and if anything I prefer it to some of the more 'bible-bashing' types that are about. Its gentle verse and words inspire, so that even if you have doubts they are immediately dispelled and you are filled with hope. Its uncanny sometimes in that the page for the day almost homes in on your worries and concerns.
Its a nice sized book to carry with you if you go on holiday, and the deluxe edition is almost like real leather and wears well.
I can certainly recommend it, and many in our church have bought one as a result of reading mine. Can be used year after year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season your day with thanksgiving, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Jesus Calling (Hardcover)
I bought Sarah's book for a new friend, having found it refreshingly helpful myself. It is a daily devotional book with a dynamic difference. Some profound thoughts are simply expressed, providing high octane sustenance for whatever your personal circumstances. It is a book that will heighten your confidence in the living God, making your faith dynamic and life rather adventurous,

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Calling Daily Devotional, 8 Feb 2012
I purchased this book for a dear friend in Australia after being given one for myself by my son. It is beautifully written as words spoken by Jesus himself based on biblical passages. Each daily reading is quite short but the words are so meaningful and are spoken directly from Jesus to the reader. It's a lovely way to start the day, only takes about five minutes to read each day and the words are beautifully written as though Jesus is speaking them directly to you. They fill your heart and soul and take you through the day reminding you always that Jesus is with you, loves you and will never leave you. This book gives me so much peace and comfort and I can face each day no matter what life throws at me knowing my Lord is with me, caring for me and loving me always.