Published 24 months ago by NR2

2.0 out of 5 stars Karcher replacement hose
While this hose will fit up to a K2 model it will not fit K3and and above. I have both a K2 and a K5 , it will not fit the K5 as this uses a quick release system which is snap together but this hose comes with a screw fixing on one end so it is fiscally impossible to join it to the K5 series .
In short this item is being missold and the description needs to be...
Published 15 months ago by MR ME

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Replacement Karcher Hose & Hand Gun With A Little Flaw!, 9 July 2013
NR2 "Nar2" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kärcher Replacement 7.5m High Pressure Hose and Hand Gun - Quick Connect System Pressure Washer Accessory (DIY & Tools)
When my Karcher Pressure washer broke down recently and I couldn't find a fault with it, I was puzzled as to what the problem might be. After seeking several new replacement parts from Amazon, I looked at the original pressure hose that came with my machine and identified several nicks and bent parts that would stop the flow of water properly leading from the machine. My Karcher however is about 8 years old and has never been cleaned out properly as I live in a soft water area. This is where I suppose some extra maintenance was required as well as a replacement hose with prices from Karcher UK's own website being far too expensive. At the same time the original hand gun had also split at the trigger, though it still worked the exposing plastic could cut into my hand if I wasn't careful.

Delivery was very quick with this item and I was pleased to find an additional bonus with a universal adaptor that fits all Karcher pressure washers (as well as those made by AA, which are made by Karcher) provided you have a screw thread type channel on the machine. Applied with the adaptor, the newer 7.5 metre hose is thinner than the original one I had and I was pleased to find that the hose is much longer and easier to work with as well as easier to push and lock into the new adaptor supplied by way of a square push lock pin at the ends of the hose, universal for both the adaptor and the hand gun itself. The hand gun is a lot bigger too, allowing me to wear garden gloves when in use and the plastic quality is very well made with Karcher branding, clearly not imitation and clearly a genuine part. Without gloves on, the hand gun feels a bit more comfortable with a bigger trigger release that isn't so hard to push upwards or squeeze.

However, though the hose is long enough to access all areas of my garden, it has a knack of coiling badly. Even when fully stretched out, the moment water flows down the hose it has a habit of coiling into the shape that it was delivered in - and as shown here by the stock photo provided by Amazon & Karcher, the shape returns to that coil in use, most of the time requiring it to be stretched out in a straight line. In time however though the hose will straighten out, it's a slight downside on the expectation that it should straighten out with first use. I can't fathom how some buyers have moaned about the price though - when buying a replacement hand gun alone with the separate hose would be far more expensive than buying this product together. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat for K2.35, 4 May 2013
Amazon Customer (North West England) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace a leaking gun on K2.35

Quick and easy to set up. There is a one off task to screw the permanant attachment onto the washer. One end of the hose then clicks in and out of the permanent attachment and the other end clicks in and out of the gun.

It took me a while to work out how to release the hose - pressing a yellow button in on the gun and sliding the black part of the permanent attachment in the direction of the arrow prior to pulling out the hose.

The quick release meachism is a much better design than the old plastic screw threads that are always prone to problems.

All in all - really good purchase and much cheaper than buying a new washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacment part., 26 April 2011
J.Ben (Cavan, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This quick fit hose and gun works well as a replacement part, it comes with a qiuck fit adaptor so it worked with my K520M even though the old one wasnt a qick fit type.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karcher 411a Hose, 26 April 2012
This replacement hose is an excellent fit for my old Karcher 411a. It was easy to put together and works absolutely fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain buy, 9 Nov. 2011
product worked perfectly with my karcher 620m and the price was a great deal cheaper than id seen anywhere . Totally pleased .

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Service, 4 Jun. 2013
Richard Faris (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
The product arrived very quickly and was easy to fit to my Karcher 310. The hose, hand gun and snap-on connector are better than the original equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karcher Replacement Hose and Hand Gun, 21 April 2011
Bought as a replacement after my dog decided that the original hose would make a great chew toy. I have a K2.65 which came with the old screw-in hose and hang gun in one piece. This version comes with the newer push-in connector with an adaptor. I was a little worried about whether this adaptor would fit my pressure washer well, but i needn't have worried. Needless to say i'll be more careful about keeping the hose out of dog's reach in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karcher Replacement Hose and Hand Gun, 17 Nov. 2013
My Karcher 503 began leaking quite badly from the hand gun assembly and I was unable to use the washer due to severe loss of pressure.
I found this universal replacement on Amazon for all the Karcher models and ordered it.
The free delivery time was very quick and I commenced replacement of the old leaking hand gun and hose.
However, the 503 model has a hose re-wind drum which did not allow a quick replacement of the hose at the pump.
I removed the rewind drum (after a struggle) to give access to the hose connector from the pump discharge and removed the old hose and screwed on the universal connector that came with the replacement. Everything then connected OK.
The only problem was that I could not re-install the hose rewind drum as it fouls the new universal snap-on connector so it has been left off.
The new hose and hand gun work excellent and my pump delivery pressure is now back to new condition.
The loss of the hose rewind drum is no inconvenience during storage and allows removal and replacement of the hose very easily so the system can be drained for frost precautions.
Very pleased with the replacement which saved me purchasing a new pump.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, be careful though..., 3 July 2014
Compatible with my Karcher 2 compact. Just be careful when you first attach the quick connect adapter to the karcher unit, as the karcher main unit is plastic thread and the quick connect is brass, so take your time and make sure you don't cross thread it or you'll knacker the plastic thread. OMG my life is so simple now the 7.5m length is great, no messing about moving the karcher unit all the time. Pressure has reduced a little as I expected, but not significantly so. Shame the product doesnt come with this length of hose as standard, But that's how these companies make there money with all the extras/accessories you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karcher hose & gun, 17 April 2012
I have had this Karcher pressure washer for a number of years. Finally the hose burst. A replacement hose was so expensive from many retailers. The gun and hose, longer than the original, was less expensive and did the job just fine. Very good