4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 4 Mar 2011
Mr. D. Bradwell "davidbradwell" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
In the same way that all of the other commentaries in this series are very clear and useful, I have particularly found this one useful in my sermon preparation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent evangelical commentary on Matthew's Gospel., 20 Jan 2009
Simon Harrison (Bath UK) - See all my reviews
This is quite a size and takes some reading but I thoroughly enjoyed journeying with Jesus over the months. The author brought His ministry alive to me as well as teaching me numerous things about the people and times.

Can be a bit frustrating as he does refer back to one of his previous books at length but doesn't quote the passages expecting one to be aware of this work.

Having said that, I would recommend this book if you have a love of learning about the scriptures in more depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece of story and explanation combined, 15 Feb 2009
P. J. Odam "pamemu" (Gwynedd Wales) - See all my reviews
This commentary reaches out to all who would know more of Jesus through the Gospel of Matthew. It is accessible to scholar and 'interested person' alike. It makes the meaning of the text plain by translating it into words that can be understood in 21st century whilst at all times remaining true to the message Matthew wished to put over to the 1st Century Jewish world concerning this Jesus of Nazareth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary for training course for ordination, 25 Dec 2013
The quality of this is exceptional , it is well presented accurate and thorough. Just what was required for study

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent commentary., 26 Oct 2013
This commentary has been excellent in opening up the meaning of the text. It has done what a commentary should do; it has helped me to understand the text of Matthew and has deepened my faith in Christ, and, I hope, strengthened my commitment to Him.