4.0 out of 5 stars A must for fans of Hollywood's golden age!
I was never the biggest Tony Curtis fan, but this is a fun and interesting read for fans of the Hollywood golden age. Curtis was a smooth character back in the day and a big time movie star. His life intersects with many of the biggest and brightest stars of the time including lovers such as Marilyn Monroe. A lot of the book does come off as "look at me, look who I...
Published on 28 Oct. 2008 by Bill Pullman

3.0 out of 5 stars From Pauper to Prince
As you would expect Curtis's own account of his life is both fascinating and revealing as he takes us on a journey from his poor childhood days through to becoming a Hollywood star and beyond. His various accounts of time working on movies as well as several romances he embarked on are exactly what you expect and also want. But there is also a sense of Curtis's ego at...
Published on 12 May 2010 by The Movie Scene

4.0 out of 5 stars Farewell Hollywood Prince!, 23 July 2014
Suze (Seaton, Devon) - See all my reviews
It's very interesting to read his accounts of working with so many Hollywood legends, one of the last, sadly, of that golden era. I was a little disappointed with it though because it showed almost none of the self deprecating humour that he displayed in his movie roles and which I (one of many, I'm sure) found so appealing about him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting reading..., 12 Feb. 2012
I found this book to be open and honest about Tony's life and learnt so much about how the big film companies worked back in the 1940's & 50's - bit of an eye opener! He came across as honest about his relationships with women and family, reflecting his awkwardness with having a mentally ill mother and brother. A good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Bio, so good you won't put it down!, 13 April 2010
I enjoy reading many biographies and this must be one of the best I have read. Mr Curtis has lead an incredible life and the book is very open and frank. It also gives you an insight to many other hollywood stars as well as to the film industry.This is a must read for anyone who is a fan of hollywood and it's stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood Stars interesting life story, 11 Jun. 2014
Mrs Tracy Mills (Potterspury, Northamptonshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Prince: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
So enjoyed this book. Love Hollywood gossip. The trials of becoming a Star from his very humble beginnings. Easy reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars an easy read, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: American Prince: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Tony Curtis biography is an easy read especially for those of us old enough to remember his movies and the film stars he refers to in his book

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant honest and moving biog!, 13 Jan. 2012
I enjoyed this book soo much! very honest account of a painful childhood and painful adult experiences warts and all- and great insight into hollywood. tony is always honest and comes across as a genuine lovely guy who is far from perfect but tells a great story. its one of those cant putit down books! Get it you wont be dissapointed!!! fantastic read!! anyone who loves the old hollywood movies should read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tony Curtis Biography, 5 July 2011
There was more to Tony Curtis than most people probably realise, and this book gives an interesting insight into his world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book., 25 May 2014
This was a very good read he was a bit braggy about his sexual exploits and the amount of women he went with but why not he was gorgeous!!!! He was very honest it his telling of his story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising!, 12 Oct. 2014
This review is from: American Prince: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Could not put down! Tony LIKED THE LADIES ALOT!!! I got tad annoyed having to search each name on the internet he was VERY PRO ACTIVE!! Very informative - just wish there were more photos

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it!, 10 July 2009
Ms. J. A. Gibbons (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I was never Tony's fan but when I read it, some funny moments and some sad moments too, something I can relate to...I read it all in one go, enjoyable and entertaining about his life in Hollywood. soon after I went out and bought his two films, funnily enough I will never watch Tony's film the same way again, I now know who he slept with!! i will be counting!!! great photos and he really was gorgeous!

American Prince: My Autobiography