Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£7.95

on 15 May 2003
An absolutely spellbinding journey through Hundred Acre wood; the all star cast really bring the stories to life. My three year old son is mesmerised every time we listen to it. A great way to spend time with your kids in this age of videos and computers.
on 16 April 2009
I bought this for my nephew as we already have a copy and listen to it constantly on long car journeys. It is a brilliant Winne the Pooh adaptation. All the characters are brought to life just as you imagine them and the actors have been perfectly chosen (Stephen Fry as Winnie the Pooh, Geoffrey Palmer as Eeyore and so on). My children can quote long speeches from it. Entertaining for all ages!
on 11 November 2010
Forget Disney and go for the real deal!

We love listening to this at bedtime (as in both the children and the parents). It is a full-cast dramatisation, and is rather well done.

I have also got the book, but I have given up reading it to my daughter myself, as this CD does it justice much better than I ever could.

Heartily recommended to children of all ages.
on 13 May 2008
The cast for this dramatisation is perfect, especially Stephen Fry (Pooh), Jane Horrocks (Piglet), Robert Daws (Rabbit) and Geoffrey Palmer (Eeyore). We have listened to this so many times, my 4 year old son often asks to have it on while we are eating our breakfast or tea. I don't find the Pooh books very easy to read aloud, but these actors effortlessly bring the story to life, while remaining pretty much word for word with the text.
on 26 October 2010
Delightful for children, and even more delightful for their parents.

I must have heard this 300 times (our daughter loves it), and I still enjoy it. It uses a most excellent cast to produce a very-close-to-the-original dramatization, with minimal sound-effects.
on 30 October 2010
My daughter and I love this CD. The acters, Steven Fry, Jane Horrocks, etc, really bring the stories to life. I bought our copy because my daughter originally had it on cassette, but that broke. She was very very happy to have it replaced with the CD.
on 27 April 2010
Quite simply wonderful.
A fantastic cast, well-dramatised and so very A.A. Milne. We all loved it and sat round with silly grins of pleasure on our faces.
The nursery stories personified, we could almost recite along with it, but then we'd have missed those great and inimitable voices.
Thanks to whoever pulled this bunch together - an utter success.
on 27 March 2010
Beautiful, charming and skilfully made adaptations that I had on cassette as a child. The voices of the well-known actors are put to suberb use, and the books are brought to life with music and sound effects. Memories of this series have stayed with me into adulthood and I thoroughly reccommend it to any parent.
on 16 May 2010
A perfect labour of love. I keep the CDs in my car and listen to them time and again. The lightness, the humour, the tenderness of the original stories are all captured perfectly. The characterisations are just so right - Piglet's little squeaks, Ow's owlish voice, Eyore's complaints, Rabbit's busybody organising and of course Pooh's poohishness.
It can be so difficult to listen to an audio book or (even worse) watch a film of a book that you know and love. They change too much and turn it into something different (completely different if you watch the Disney films). Or they just don't get it.
But David Benedictus has worked a wonder with these CDs. Each voice, the piano accompaniment to Pooh's hums, the timing, the swapping around of narrator, the whole completely captures the essence of the what makes these stories so timeless and so perfect.
And the second volume - The House at Pooh Corner - is just as goodThe House at Pooh Corner
Absolutely recommended
on 29 May 2013
This is excellent, 2 CD's so good value for money. We bought it to keep our 2 1/2 year old entertained in the car and he enjoys it with the added bonus that my husband and I also think it's great. It was worth buying this version as Stephen Fry etc are brilliant.