5.0 out of 5 stars This product it's amazing, it worked
This product it's amazing, it worked! By mistake I used dark brown colour on my hair and result was black....I was unhappy after I used Colour B4.First of all I was surprised my hair are lighter then usually but in few days pigmentation came back to normal and I have brown hair again..Thank you very much.
Published 7 months ago by Pavlina Houskova

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars Think carefully, and research before using this product!
Published 7 days ago by The_Urban_Muse

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This product it's amazing, it worked, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Colour B4 Hair Colour Remover Extra Strength for Darker Hair Colours (Personal Care)

2.0 out of 5 stars Think carefully, and research before using this product!, 29 April 2015
Well, what can I say? I have been dyeing my grey hair for years now. On hearing that grey is the new blonde, I thought that I would cease dyeing it, and be a lovely silver vixen! I'd watched alot of youtube stuff on growing out grey hair, but it literally took years to grow out, and I thought, "Why wait, when you could use Colour B4, and get it straight away!". I read the reviews, carefully read all the blurb, and washed my hair with non- silicone based shampoo and conditioner for about a week. I purchased two boxes, as my hair is very thick and long. I followed the instructions to the letter, and my hair came out gingery- blonde with grey roots. It was awful! The smell was awful too. Some people have stated that the condition of their hair was better: mine wasn't! Fortunately it didn't break, and I did have a box of brown dye in the cupboard, so dyed it back the next day. In it's defense, it does state that due to the constant dyeing of my hair, the natural colour could very well be gingery. It also states that you can repeat this process up to three times (that's six boxes!), I'm not convinced that this would work.
I've given it two stars, as it does sort of work, and there doesn't appear to be any permanent damage. Also, it did remove some of the build up that existed in my hair, so now the brown does look a bit more natural, but I would not use this again.
I think now, I would invest in having my hair professionally coloured if I wanted to make such a dramatic change. Then again, it would have to be a good hairdresser who knows what they are doing!

2.0 out of 5 stars Silky smooth, 9 April 2015
Thought I'd give this a go. My hair is fine, but I have lots of it. It is below shoulder length. It is naturally very dark brown, but the build up of dye had made the lengths of my hair black, and it felt very stiff and horrible.
I purchased two packs, and I'm glad I as, although I would have had enough product, I wouldn't have had enough buffer. So I saturated my hair with the two bottles, but a plastic bag over it, and two woolly caps over that, and left it for an hour.
I must comment here that I was expecting the smell to be awful. I have a very sensitive nose, but there was so little smell that I first wondered if I was using the right product. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. I've had much worse smelling hair dyes, and perms used to smell a hundred times as strong!
My initial reaction after taking the caps off was omg! Black lengths, with ginger in top. Really bad.
Rinsed and buffered as they said for the max time of ten minutes each time.
Luckily I had a Loreal Casting Creme gloss at hand, which I put on straight away, as I would have had to go out with a paper bag over my head else!
So all in all it didn't go to plan. Why the two stars then? Well, after all of this, even though my hair is actually darker than when I started, it no longer feels stiff and horrible, it feels silky smooth, and is as shiny as anything.
Am I glad I done it? Yes. It's just a shame that it didn't take me back to brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked exactly as stated, 28 Mar. 2011
I had read previous reviews stating that if you use silicone based dyes with a flat iron that it would not work. I have used the Schwarzkopf XXL in midnight red for the last year and I use a flat iron nearly everyday on the highest setting. I am a natural blonde and really didn't want the dark black red hair any more, I was hoping for this to just bring my hair a shade or 2 lighter. I left the product in my hair for an hour, and wrapped my head in plastic wrap and a plastic grocery bag and used a warm towel on top since my house is drafty. I have been told for the last 10 years by every hair stylist that I have gone to that it would be impossible for me to go back to blonde from red. I am blonde again! this does leave copper colored tones to your hair, but any dye you use that has any red will stain the hair cuticle. My hair is not orange it is a warm strawberry blonde, naturally a light honey blonde I love it, this product is gentle on your hair, you will have to use a thick conditioner after the final rinse, but my hair is healthy and shiny I would absolutely recommend this!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!! So so happy!!, 24 Mar. 2015
I am so amazed about this product, I was really scared that it would turn yellow and really patchy!

I hardly know anything about hair so did pop a little message on Facebook asking for advice, and this is exactly what I did below...

So as you can see, I had bright red hair (live xxl) that I had maintained for at least 2 years!

I bought colourb4 and following the instructions I washed my hair twice first of all (with head and shoulders as it is supposed to enhance the process)

I then blow dried my hair completely and began the process of colourb4, please ensure that you read the instructions and enclosed leaflet throughly before proceeding! I dye my hair a lot and am partial to skipping the instructions but these are very important!

I also ensured that I got a comb to comb through the colourb4 product through my hair to ensure equal coverage and believe this to have helped the process a lot.

I have hair that reaches down to my bra strap but is very thin so 1 bottle was just enough for me (the product says hair past the shoulder requires 2 bottles).

I put the product on my hair completely, separated my hair into two sections using clips and then put cling film around it.

I sat in my room with the heater going (the instructions say you should be in a warm room with no drafts) and blasted the cling film for a few seconds with my hair dryer a couple of times to enhance the heat process.

I then followed the rest of the instructions with regards to washing the product out for a certain amount of minutes - PLEASE NOTE this is very important. It can get very tiresome but please ensure you set an alarm and measure this time accurately!

I then followed the last instructions regarding the buffer step and then towel dried my hair.

The product does smell a bit egg-like but no where near as bad as people make out, it is definitely bearable and there are no windows in my bathroom!

Another great point is that I was expecting my hair to be very straw like and dry, the product didn't dry it out at all! Although it felt horrendous in the shower! When it was dry it felt baby soft again :-). Even so, I still left a deep conditioning treatment in for about 10 mins this evening and then washed off again, this got rid of the egg-smell that my hair originally had after wash off!

Please see my picture for the end result! Absolutely amazing! To say that I am estatic is an understatement, I have had hair disasters before and this is definitely not one of them! The end result is very even, not patchy at all, and actually a bearable colour, which means I can let my hair breathe for a week or two before I dye it light brown!!

5.0 out of 5 stars pleasantly surprising, 25 Feb. 2014
TJ Frieze (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been dying my hair almost black for over 20 years & was sceptical to say the least. However i was pleasantly surprised. I left this on for the full hour & my hair is not only a very light brown again but is still in great condition. Saved myself a fortune as the cheapest salon quoted me £70 to strip out my colour. Very happy 😁

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% worked for me, so here's some helpful advice..., 12 Nov. 2012
So I just wanted to write a review here to pass on my experience with this product and any helpful advice that I can give to others. I've been colouring my hair since I was 17 (I am now 29!) and during that time my hair has became very porous (although it is very shiny and soft) due to the constant monthly colouring. This porosity results in my hair going practically black anytime I colour it, regardless of how light that colour looks on the hair dye box (my hair is dark brown in the day light and under strong light, but it photograghs and looks black any other time) I'm sure alot of people understand this problem, so please know that it is due to your hair's porous nature. I don't want black hair, I want it to be medium brown, so that's what I was aiming for! Some helpful advice - read the instructions to Colour B4 at least twice before using. There is alot of helpful guidance in there and it's where I discovered that I have silicone damage to my hair (that's why it is so shiny and soft even though it is porous, it's a synthetic shine). Purchase Tresemme Deep Cleansing shampoo before using the Colour B4 and wash your hair THREE times beforehand (but note that you need to blow dry your hair afterwards as your hair needs to be dry before using Colour B4). I purposely didn't use any conditioner or product after shampooing as I wanted the Colour B4 to fully penetrate my hair and not have to fight it's way through a barrier of conditioner (this may also be the reason it doesn't fully work on some people's hair). I spent 30 mins untangling my hair after shampooing (due to using no conditioner), but I would rather get the full use out of Colour B4 than only a half baked one! After shampooing three times and blow drying my hair, I applied the Colour B4 as stated and waited for the full 60 minutes. I wrapped my hair in cling film and a warm towel and every 20 mins I blasted the cling film with a hair dryer as the heat helps the product to develop. (As I was applying the Colour B4 I could already see it lifting the black colour from my hair and that was before I even started timing it!) Alot of reviewers have commented on the smell and it does have a strong egg like odour, but I didn't find it too bad and I would rather suffer the smell of it for a while in order to get my preferred colour of hair! I timed the procedure to the second and rinsed for 15 minutes instead of the stated 10 as my hair is very long. I used the buffer liquid (which is a bit like conditioner) and rinsed that again. Colour B4 works by shrinking the colour molecules in your hair making them small enough to wash away. It sounnds impossible, but it absolutely works 100%. After following the whole procedure, my hair was very light brown with a slight yellow and red sheen to it. In order to tone down the red and yellow sheen , I used (as suggested on the instructions) a semi permanent colour (which lasts for 8 washes and has no peroxide or ammonia) in Light Ash Brown. It's very important to note that if your hair is very porous and you use a permanent peroxide colour on your hair directly after using Coour B4, it's going to return to the exact same colour as it was before. Use a semi permanent one, it says this on the instructions! So now I have lovely medium brown hair with no yellow or red tones and more importantly NO BLACK IN IT AT ALL! All this without even bleaching my hair. I am over the moon and as some others also noted, my hair is in better condition now than it has ever been. It doesn't feel as heavy or weighed down as before and I don't think I'm going to return to peroxide hair dye. Also worth noting is that you need to set aside a LONG time in order to use the Colour B4 and any subsequent colour you will apply afterwards. I took me almost 5 hours to go through all this, and my scalp was admittedly slightly sore afterwards, although this was due to the constant combing / rinsing and untangling of my hair and not the actual product as that didn't sting at all. Please follow the instructions and timings to the letter, don't give up half way through and use a semi permanent colour afterwards and hopefully this will work for you too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Luckily I had already bought new hair dye and after a day to give my hair a rest I put the colour over the hair remover which wo, 20 Oct. 2014
This product was a bit weird for me. I had dyed my hair with box colours for about 6 months and had some build up so I wanted to remove all the colour. It did take the dark brown out of my hair (I'm naturally a dark blonde) but it DID NOT restore my natural hair colour. It went an odd orangey blonde, almost bronze.

Luckily I had already bought new hair dye and after a day to give my hair a rest I put the colour over the hair remover which worked just fine. So it did take out the colour and didn't do any damage (my hair was actually quite soft after using this) so I'd recommend it just beware that you're not necessarily going to look into the mirror after using this and see your natural colour. Have a backup plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't know unless you try, 16 May 2013
Ive just finished using this product and i'm relieved and pleased. My hair naturally is mousey brown with quite a few greys, but about 8 years ago I had highlights. This led to becoming blonde all over using "nice and easy" permanant dyes. I got fed up and had a mad five minutes and dyed it plum brown. It looked so wishy washy that i then applied dark reddish brown, which was a nice colour but not me. I did what EVERYONE should do and researched for hours on this product. I learned to use a clarifying shampoo first, and I did a strand test (worth the extra hour if you are unsure of the result) I applied the product, rubbing it through evenly (i didn,t comb it through as this drags the product away from the roots). Yes, it does stink! theres no denying that one. The colour was changing before I started timing. I wrapped clingfilm around my head and a towel. Didn't bother applying heat (probably advisable in a cold house though. Waited one hour, stripped off and jumped in the shower. Rinsed for 12 minutes whilst vigorously rubbing all over scalp, neck and ends. Applied the buffer (very foamy) and whilst that was taking I washed the manky smell off of myself! lol. I left the buffer on for 2 minutes then rinsed for 8 minutes. This is the point your hair feels like straw and panic sets in. DON'T. I applied the second lot of buffer and massaged well, and rinsed thoroughly. I could see that my hair was goldy, so i then shampooed with "a touch of silver" shampoo and left it on for the recommended 5 minutes. I followed this with herbal essences conditioner, combed through, and left for 2 minutes. I came out of the shower looking rather like a prune, but happy the job was done. I blow dryed, and was delighted to see a dark blonde that had slightly darker ends. I was going to put a stage 1 colour on it, but I am happy that I can live the recommended 4 weeks before applying a permanant lighter blonde dye. DO NOT put a semi or perm dye on it straight away or you will be back to square one!

It DOES tell you on the pkt (albeit very tiny print) that it is not recommended on hair that is henna or extreme colours dyed.It also says on the box about a build up of silicons etc. The thing they need to print on the box is that its a good idea to use clarifying shampoo first. I only discovered this by research. In my opinion, if you can take the time to write a review, you can take the time to research properly, do your homework, and prepare :) Cutting corners or time is not an option with this product. Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Used this to remove black hair dye which was very ..., 5 May 2015
Used this to remove black hair dye which was very built up over a few years ,used first box lightened colour to a dark brown with dark red tones ,used a second box and brightened it more to a darkish medium brown with lighter red tones and finally used one more box and the colour went bright ginger with blonde which is what I was expecting .now waiting a week to dye it a light brown because you have to wait to dye it but impressed with this product .