5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks for an excellent value collection.
I've been very lucky to receive an early copy of the new Art Of Noise (AON) "Influence", a collection which from outset appears to have been lovingly conceived and executed by ZTT & Union Square. Having been an AON fan, but having never picked up a "Best Of" to date, I have very much been looking forward to this release, particularly as I was so delighted with The Buggles...
Published on 10 July 2010 by A. Connor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as it looks.
This is a lovingly put together, lavishly packaged 2-CD set showcasing some of the very best, and most commercially successful material from the influential Art of Noise, along with some other "bits and pieces" from their long and varied career. The two discs are housed in a four-way foldout digipack which also includes a 36 page booklet covering the content of the...
Published on 20 July 2010 by Glasgow Dreamer

2.0 out of 5 stars Art of Noise - Influence, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Influence: Hits, Singles, Moments, Treasures (Best Of) (Audio CD)
As a big fan of the Art of Noise, I was hoping for a grand finale album containing their best recordings and any remaining hidden gems that had previously missed my attention. As is so often the case when a "best of" album emerges years after a band has disappeared, there are no new recordings of any significance on this album. For me, it was a huge disappointment as I already have all the tracks that I like on other albums. No problem - it will be going on ebay today as it is a good album for any Art of Noise fans that don't already have any of their albums.

2.0 out of 5 stars Many moments, not many hits..., 21 July 2010
I bought this CD and I have to say it's a huge disappointment!

Love Beat is Moments In Love in slow motion (and it's boring), The Holy Egoism of Genius is the instrumental of Metaforce. Paranoimia is there as a remix which is too long and never gets to the point. And too many of the tracks are only some kind of short interludes - these must be the treasures and moments, I guess...

The only really good tracks are Kiss, Moments in Love, Close (To The Edit) and Peter Gunn.

I only give this 2 stars because of the few very good tracks and the nice artwork and packaging, but still, would not buy it again. My recommendation: Download the good ones and forget the rest.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Moment Has Passed !, 28 July 2010
P. R. Storey (UK) - See all my reviews
I pre ordered this CD and was really looking foward to its arrival.I have to say how very dissapointed i am,streached over two CDS the hits are very thin on the ground and only one mix of their biggest hit "Close To The Edit."It is not a CD that you can play all the way through, i think a single Cd version running time 45 mins would have been a better option.Some of the tracks sound like they are being played by lunatics who have escaped from an asylum !A CD which will sit on my CD rack gathering dust.

ARRAY(0xa3d1a0d8)