on 2 February 2011
The charger is the wrong wattage for the inspiron 1545 this means yes it will allow you to use your laptop while plugged in but does not actually charge the laptop. I ordered two of these as I am always needing a new charger and I wish I had spent a little more to get a lead that would actually charge my laptop.
on 20 April 2011
I bought this item after the ac-adapter for my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop stopped working suddenly, and I am very happy with this replacement product. Contrary to some reviews, the ac adapter charges my laptop perfectly. Seeing as the official Dell items are often £50+, I'd recommend this product to anyone. It also arrived the day after I ordered it after I used the express delivery service. 5/5.
on 1 March 2014
came very quick when arrived used it straight away perfect replacement does its job not much more to say really the length is very nicely sized no problems with that good product would suggest to anyone.
on 1 February 2011
This product was not recognised by the DELL inspiron 1545 laptop as being the correct wattage. I do not recommend buying this product for this machine.
on 23 August 2012
Tempting - this unit is far cheaper than the original DELL item... but don't waste your money. It doesn't charge the laptop's battery, the pc light flashes away in a fit, the wires are half falling apart on delivery, various power warning messages from windows. It does just about enable you to use laptop when permanently plugged in though. I now have to buy the original DELL adaptor so complete false economy.
on 2 May 2011
After reading through all the reviews I still wasn't sure if this would be a good replacement for a Dell laptop, but it has been working great since I got it 3 weeks ago, and saved me quite alot of money. Would recommend to use with the Dell Inspiron excellent value and arrived in good time.
on 11 March 2011
I received the product within 48 hours of placing my order and at a fraction of the cost of a Dell product. I've had the replacement in use several times daily since I purchased it over 1 month ago and can report no problems so far.
on 17 February 2011
Arrived day after order, works perfectly and a fifth of the price of a Dell replacement. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product and company.
on 28 May 2014
I can't recommend this at all. I had to exchange a few (I should have given up the first time). I was actually worried my computer had been damaged by the charger as I heard sizzling and there was a burning smell. After only a couple of uses my computer displayed a message saying it didn't recognize the charger and the battery would not charge. I'd recommend paying more and getting a proper one.
on 28 April 2012
This does not plug into an Inspiron 1545. The plug is the WRONG SHAPE, it won't even fit in. I have no clue why they put 1545 in the ad.