5.0 out of 5 stars Part One of an exceptional pop album, Robyn IS BACK!, 14 Jun 2010
S. J. Pinder "scifihorror fan" (Cornwall,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
Robyn released one of the most finest body's of work in 2007 with her self titled record, it was so vibrant and different than anything i had heard at the time and still ranks as one of the greatest pop albums of the last decade.
Body Talk (Part 1) indicates that we haven't heard all the best of her yet and we have some truely amazing synthy dance pop numbers and some soothing balladry acoustics towards it's conclusion. Robyn has made a wise decision of releasing a trilogy of albums this year and i really hope the world opens up to her more as this 8 track disc is some of the finest pop tunes contained on a disc. we already have Gorillaz Plastic Beach and Christina Aguilera's Bionic providing the finest in the music scene this year with their sensational albums (and i mean beyond amazing!)Body Talk with this first disc alone ranks up there with those as the best in music this year (alongside Kelis' fantastic Flesh Tone album too!)and it looks as though we're going to have MIA joining the ranks when she releases her third L.P Maya in July!
but here is soothing pop bliss that shows Robyn has the Artistic Ambitions of Madonna and the synthy edge of Annie Lennox.
dance pop is captured at it's finest here with our Swedish pop Princess!
BRING ON Part 2!!
10/10 A* quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Robyn is back to take her throne, 27 Jun 2010
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
This album is one I have been looking out for since I heard it was coming out. OMG I was not disappointed best track has to be (Cry When I Get Older) I can't help but sing along with her. Hold up a second I got something on my dirty mind. 5 Stars everyone needs to listen to this Simply Flawless

5.0 out of 5 stars Robyn Rules, 20 Aug 2010
Mrs. C. Young "kookie" (Ossy, Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
An enjoyable album from start to finish, that combines all music genres. Robyn is an electic minx who pushes musical boundaries to the masses effortlessly. I am now awaiting the Part 2 album eagerly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, love this album, 21 July 2010
Mr. P. M. Danks (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
Robyn has done it again, another fantastic album.

It is always nice to hear somebody who can do dance music that actually says something, and Robyn can.

Great lyrics with great tunes, means I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robyn rules the dancefloor!, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
Robyn has quietly sneaked into the dancefloor with this really great Body Talk Part 1. She is in the league of her own here. Electronic dance music at its best! All killers, no fillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robyn's best album yet..., 8 Oct 2010
Ryan Ball (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
I first heard Robyn around the time her album 'Robyn' came out, which was when I fell in love with her song 'With Every Heartbeat'. Ever since I've been wondering what she has been up-to, trying to find some new material of hers. And look what comes along.

The 'Body Talk Series' is a 3 part album by Robyn, with Part1 being my favourite so far (I do own Part2 as well). This album really for me, brings something fresh to the music industry. I think Robyn's always been underrated, but this album surely deserves the 5*'s I've given it. The first track 'Don't F**king Tell Me What To Do' is a bit of an odd song. I think I wasn't expecting Robyn's latest album offering to be quite as futuristic. This song is rather repetitive, but it sure is catchy and grows on you.

The second song, 'Fembot' is possibly my favourite Robyn song of all time. Its a really good listen, with the chorus sounding very pop orientated, while the verses are fast paced and almost rapping in a sort of computer voice. Its strange, but if you like electro/house/dance then your sure to like this record.

The third song, 'Dancing On My Own' is the first and last single from Part1 of the Body Talk series. Robyn's vocals really stand out on this one for me, and the beats of the song are amazing too. But for me, it lacks something. I think it might be that the beat doesn't change much between the chorus' and verses. Which makes it a bit same-ish.

The other tracks on the album are great, with 'Cry When You Get Older' being a funky electro type song which really makes you want to dance. 'Dancehall Queen' is a little flat and boring for me, and kind of brings the album down a little. But its still listen-able, just not what I'd have thought would best compliment the rest of the songs. Again, 'None Of Dem' is catchy but not to my taste, but shows off a bit of attitude by Robyn. Its got a good beat, and the chorus is quite impressive. 'Hang With Me (Acoustic)' is really a stand out track, cause if you just judged Robyn's voice from her other songs like 'Fembot' you'd think she were impressive; but you'd wonder if she could actually sing. She can, and this song proves it. Same for 'Jag Vet En Dejlig Rosa' its a soft, vocal based song that is really quite relaxing.

I would definitely recommend this album to ANYONE.. For me, its one of the best albums of 2010

Favourite Tracks -

Dancehall Queen
Dancing On My Own

4.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 3 July 2010
Chris Hoare "Chris" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
I came to Robyn after the masterpiece Girl and the Robot on Junior.

Body Talk Part 1 is a mini album with 8 just tracks; on its own its a fairly a good album to my ears; it ticks the box of clever lyrics that will always get be if the music falls a bit flat Ultimately though it gets a could do better from me; there are hints of absolute greatness such as the the chorus on Fembot is staggering combination of musically and words. The collaboration with Royksopp None of Dem is a lot like seeing Royksopp live and brings a lot of energy to a varied but generally down album; Body Talk Part 1 is part of a 3 part mini series of albums.

Coming to Robyn as a Royksopp fan it falls a bit short; I prefer the complexity in the music found in the likes of Royksopp; which is absent from Robyn's more poppy fare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful album., 22 Aug 2010
R. M. Hather (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Talk (Part 1) (Audio CD)
The product did arrive by the estimated time, however the estimated time was very vague as the dates spread across almost 2 weeks, and I received it right at the end, which was slightly annoying.
However when it did arrive, it was in perfect condition etc and it's an amazing album, I would really recommend it.
She's such an amazing artist, and really unique. I love this album.

Body Talk (Part 1)
Body Talk (Part 1) by Robyn (Audio CD - 2010)