5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised this record hasn't generated more interest...
You'd have thought that as this record has plenty of ties with Evanescence (Ben Moody, John LeCompt & Rocky Gray are all former members) it would have been a no brainer for millions of fans to be checking this record out.
Strangely then, it appears to have dropped through the charts with hardly anyone blinking an eye.
Not that this record is a bad one, far from...
Published on 23 Aug 2010 by Mr. N. J. Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too MOR.
I heard Bury Me Alive and bought this cd,thinking it would be a bit more 'goth' than it actually is. When it IS Goth-style, as on Bury Me Alive and Burning, and a couple of other tracks, I do enjoy it, and Carly has a pretty good voice. But, for me, too many other tracks are just basically pop and there's enough of that on the radio. Maybe the very atmospheric cd cover...
Published on 23 Oct 2011 by Metaltoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised this record hasn't generated more interest..., 23 Aug 2010
Mr. N. J. Henderson (Bude, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
Not that this record is a bad one, far from it in fact.
Having recruited lead singer Carly Smithson (of American idol fame who to be fair is a very attractive woman who has all the vocal ability needed to raise a few eyebrows in comparison to Amy Lee) the end result is a polished alternative rock/metal debut with strong rock numbers and customary ballads here and there.
Lead single "Bury Me Alive" is the probably the albums strongest rocker, but for me its on those customary ballads that "We Are The Fallen" shine the most, the best of which is "Sleep Well, My Angel."
With disappointing sales so far it would be a shame for another single not to be released from this record, critical reception too was mixed, overall though I feel as though millions of Evanescence fans have missed a trick somewhat, "We Are The Fallen" is a much better record than people are giving it credit for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth getting!, 15 Oct 2010
M. Slater "Michael Slater" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
My first encounter with We Are the Fallen was the video for Bury Me Alive on the internet. Being a huge fan of Evanescence and Within Temptation, I was naturally interested in a band in the same 'genre', and I was quite impressed by Bury Me Alive, so I decided to get the album.

I have not been disappointed. Though the first couple of listens did not blow me away, over the next few listens I fell in love with this album.

The album mainly features powerful guitar-driven songs, with a few softer ballad-type songs. However, the songs have within them contrasting loud and soft moments and various engaging subtleties.

The lyrics and Carly's voice are particularly engaging as well. I find myself compelled to sing along and immerse myself in the drama of the songs.

Of the ballad-type songs, Sleep Well My Angel did not initial seem to have great appeal to me, but it has grown on me immensely.

My favourite song on the album would have to be St John. It is dark, moody, and brilliant - it has a very emotive theme of abandonment and betrayal.

The title track starts out with an eerie and haunting feel, which I like, but the song also has an awesome guitar-riff driven chorus. It is my second favourite on the album.

Paradigm is also a stand-out track, as is Through Hell, albeit to a lesser extent. Overall the album has very few songs that I would consider weak - only three or four out of eleven, and even they are still decent.

So in summary, the album has many brilliant tracks, is thoroughly enjoyable, and was well worth getting!

4.0 out of 5 stars All comparisons aside - it's still great, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
OK, so everyones saying "Its like evanesence..." comparisons are sure to be made with WATF containing 3 former band members of evanescence, in fact I'd be surprised if there weren't some similarities. What lifts this album up from a potential pale copy is that the music has moved on..probably what evanescence would have liked to do going forward? Adding Carly Simpson as vocalist was a good move here too, adding a fresh ingredient to the mix. Don't fob this off as an evanescence wannabe album: well worth the purchase price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Missing Amy Lee?, 4 Dec 2010
J. M. Green "john94682" (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
Personally, I loved the music of Evanescence...great songs, heavy guitars, crunching bass and a vocal that would soar to the very heavens and boy, was it a disappointment when the whole venture unravelled and Amy Lee split to go solo. What was more astounding was that the remaining members of the band managed to find another vocalist of the qualities of Amy, but also that they were astute enough not to continue to ride the Evanescence bandwagon - hence, the new band name; We Are The Fallen.
That said, this IS Evanescence in all but name, as Tear The World Down ably continues where The Open Door left off....great songs, heavy guitars, crunching bass and the vocals of Carly Smithson that can soar to the very heavens - I kid you not!
Kicking off with Bury Me Alive, we hear the Evanescence heavy rocking riffs and this gives notice that this is an album of uncompromising strength. Burn, Paradigm, Don't Leave Me Behind all follow in the same genre, but it is a simple ballad that follows that abruptly changes the musical landscape, in the form of Sleep Well, My Angel - truly beautiful music that will have you reaching for the replay button! Who said that heavy rock songwriters cannot write beautiful tunes too??
This album has been with me now for just over two weeks and it has hardly left the player and, time and again I catch myself humming the riff of one number or the other...a very rare event indeed for me. So, am I missing Amy Lee....well yes, but I can always buy into her solo career...but We Are The Fallen are indeed, the real deal, with Carly putting her stamp onto the proceedings which will more than make up for the demise of Evanescence!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sublime, 28 Sep 2010
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
This is an absolutely awesome album, the best I have purchased all year. The songs are very dramatic and emotive as well as being melodic. Please buy this album as you won't regret your decision. Truely epic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Debut, 31 May 2010
P. R. Nettle (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
A superb album, with towering goth-rock numbers and delightful ballads. Carly has an impressive voice which empowers the songs and compliments the driving guitars on the rock songs. The softer ballads are beautiful songs which tug the heart. This was a somewhat tentative purchase, but I discovered an excellent album which has found universal acclaim amongst my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
If you like Evanescence, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, then you'll love We Are The Fallen!! Carly's voice is amazing... so powerful! This album has it all, from heavy songs like St. John and Burn, to ballads like I Am Only One and Sleep Well My Angel. I Can't wait for future albums from this awesome band!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
Great Album, great vocal, not a bad track on it. If you are into female fronted rock it's a must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A NEW BEGINING, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
I was looking for in the web what happened with Evanescence, and found in the Wikipedia that some musicians of the band formed a new one: Searched in Youtube their debut video "Buried alive" and discovered a new band with a powerful sound. If you liked the old band, you'd like the new one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Album review, 31 Aug 2010
A. B. Holmes (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tear The World Down (Audio CD)
To be honest, when i first read about We Are The Fallen i was expecting an Evanescence copy, There sound is the same but i listened to 'Bury Me Alive' and i proved myself wrong, There sound is so different from Evanescence and Carly's voice is amazing. For me i like them better than Evanescence and the album is just unbeliveable...Buy it, Its awsome :)

Tear The World Down
Tear The World Down by We Are the Fallen (Audio CD - 2010)