5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Song
Published on 12 Sept. 2010 by Georgie

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't Read the book yet, This is based on the film !
Just a quick note, this review is based on the film not the book ! Overall i wasnt satisfied with the film, im quite hard to please when it comes to these types of films. I was expecting to have a little cry at the end, but was let down by little things like the way they put the ending together "/

Character review speaking literally, part's could be the...
Published on 31 July 2012 by ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Song, 12 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
I read the Nicholas Sparks book beforehand and really enjoyed it, but having been let down by other film versions of books before I was rather sceptical (despite being a huge Miley fan). However I enjoyed the film immensely and it was just as powerful as the book. It's a heartbreakingly beautiful story, extremely moving and a great life lesson. I would 100% recommend this!
Acting is great, especially Miley Cyrus and Bobby Coleman (he's sooo cute), and you've also got the gorgeous Liam Hemsworth to swoon over. ;)
Stunning songs from Miley Cyrus, including When I Look At You & I Hope You Find It.
One thing I would recommend buying before watching this film though... tissues.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best film ever XD, 25 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
I went to watch the when it came out I thought the start was really happy and the end was a great twist and it was really upsetting.When I watched it I thought that all the characters had emotion through out the film especially at the end and it was a great story line and the best film I have seen this year. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Song, 2 May 2010
C. Turrill "T---" (nottingham uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
I saw The Last Song as i had read the book by Nicholas Sparks. I loved the movie and thought that Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth and the rest of the cast portrayed the characters and emotions very well. A very sad twist brings the story together and i think the love element in it relates to how everyone finds their first love, and their love towards their family. A heart welming story. I recommed buying the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised by Miley Cyrus!, 11 July 2010
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
i loved the book and of cause i cried like most people did at the end of the book,i was really excited to see the movie and i was expecting Miley Cyrus to do a terrible job mainly because of hannah montana. So i watched the movie and wow. is all i could say amazing! i was sobbing at the end, a really fantastic job miley did with the character ronnie, she played her so well! she really got me upset and deep in the character's thoughts! i was so pleased with this movie also with the romance miley and liam looked and acted like they were meant to be, i really recommend to this movie who likes a good chic flick where you can cry at the end with your friends and don't worry if you think it will be really bad because miley cyrus is in it she made it a much better experience! i can't wait to get this movie on dvd (: thanks for reading xx

5.0 out of 5 stars An uplifting film starring Miley Cyrus, 30 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
When this film first came out the critics buried it in scorn but if you watch the DVD you may well believe they were reviewing a different movie.

Miley does really well in her first non-Hannah acting role and all the rest of the cast are great too.

You do not need to be a Miley cyrus fan to watch this as Miley plays the central character Ronnie in a very believable way but if you are a fan then you will not be disappointed although Miley only sings right at the end.

It does not exactly follow the book which is much darker in its storyline but all the basics are still there in the movie and the pacing of the story is just right.

The last 15 minutes will certainly bring a few tears.

Overall its good and uplifting to watch and you will be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars On par with the book..., 5 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
So rarely do I ever enjoy a film adaptation of a book. They rarely do the book justice and leave out important parts to fit into the time restraints. This movie was an exception though...

The story is about two kids, Ronnie and Jonah, who have been estranged from their father for the best part of 3 years. This summer they are due to visit him at his house beside the beach. Jonah, who has no grudge against his father, is delighted to be going and plans to make the most out of the summer but Ronnie on the other hand cannot forgive her father for leaving and would much rather stay with her mother in New York. The book managed to portray all the emotions incredibly well such as; happiness, anger, betrayal, love, grief and forgiveness. It is a beautiful story which is nearly as good as the book was which is most defiantly a rarity.

Miley's acting was fine as far as I was aware (a lot of bad reviews have commented on her bad acting) but I do agree that it is hard to imagine her as anyone but Hannah Montana but I do feel she played the role of a rebellious teenager incredibly well. The emotional parts were less believable on her part but still reduced me to overwhelming tears.

This is a tear jerker but a movie with an important message. It is beautiful and sentimental and the story stays with you long after the credits roll. I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very touching storyline, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
The book was arguably Nicholas Sparks' best novel yet. He has truly created a magnificent story, with a lot of lessons about life in general. The topic that it's about is close to many people's hearts and that is probably the reason why it's an extremely touching story and film. If you've read the book and enjoyed that, there is no reason that you won't enjoy the film just as much if not more. Miley Cyrus has shown that she has matured, and with this sort of story line she has done amazingly. I am in a very similar position to Ronnie (played by Miley Cyrus) at the minute, and I have to say that the feelings and emotions Nicholas Sparks has described are very recognisable. As well as an excellent story, this also has potential to be a film to be used in counselling sessions. It has been very well produced, with the author, the producers and the actors working closely together to create that magical sense of emotion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't Read the book yet, This is based on the film !, 31 July 2012
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)

Character review speaking literally, part's could be the directors fault but i guess we'll never know.

Greg kinear - lacked emotion and would it kill him to shed a tear, Thats all regarding his part in the film,(*SPOILER ALERT*) for example when him and Ronnie (Miley)Re-conciliate mid way through they share a hug, at this point a few tears could of made the scene a little deeper and emotional. (I know im Nit picking, but if you don't like the review let me know in the comment's section)

Liam hemsworth as will - played part well, as the typical romantic boyfriend/Hunk. Not a hard role to play but never the less his acting didnt piss me off as much as the other's so Bravo.

Miley cyrus - Delivered a poor performance as the role of `ronnie' and her emotional scenes were almost humorous. At the beginning of the film her attitude towards her dad was out of place regardless of the storyline, It didn't feel right, Furthermore a more subtle approach may of been better suited. She's obviously isn't cut out to be an actor, maybe this judgement is built on a Prejudgment of the fact she is `Hanna montanna' That bitch that my sister watch's all the time at home.

Bobby Coleman (Joaner) - was not right for the part, he didn't make me feel the emotion like his role should, i wont elaborate on this as my reason for thinking this is confusing and i haven't got all day. His acting reduced the rest of my family to tears, just not me.

Overall i wasn't entirely impressed with this film, it was worth watching and reviewing at the time as i was sat inside bored, But honestly now if you want to watch a film that will have you weeping from start to finish i suggest you watch 'We Bought a Zoo' starring Matt Damon and the beautiful Scarlett Johansson. That film is worth watching had me crying twice and im a male rugby player.

Read the book from what ive heard you'll be in for a treat.
Hope this review hasn't put you off watching the film, ill let you make your own judgement. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Left feeling disappointed..., 1 Jan. 2012
S. Porter (North East, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
I read this book by Nicholas Sparks & fell in-love with the characters & the storyline - it was heart warming & heart breaking all at the same time.

I really wanted to see the film after finishing the book - however I have been left disappointed especially after reading some of the pervious reviews - within' the first 15 minutes they've cut at least 1/4 of the book out along with the storyline & the depth behind the characters.

I try not to judge films in comparison to the books as everyone know the book is always better than the film - but I don't know how you can't judge the film after reading the book.

The storyline which they did include was some how jumbled up in order compared to the book. I wasn't practically sure about Miley Cyrus as the character Ronnie?! They left out one of the characters which i thought was important in the book, which was the pastor. They should have stuck to the Marcus storyline which was in the book, the way they included it in the film made it feel quite pointless being there -to me it didn't come across why Marcus dislikes Will & Scott & then it comes to near the end of the film when people think is was Ronnie's dad who started the fire, but instead it was Scott?!

I think if i hadn't read the book I probably would have enjoyed the film a little more, but i can never it seeing being added to my list of favourites.
However my mother who hadn't read the book - enjoyed the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 July 2010
Ian Price - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Song [DVD] (DVD)
I read the book a couple of months before this film was released after seeing it's trailer at Miley's Wonder World Tour in December and was absolutely amazed by it. The storyline is so incredible and the ending is so heartbreaking! I wasn't sure if the film could ever live up to the book but it did, it was fantastic and the acting from all the stars was brilliant, especially Bobby Coleman who played Jonah, he played the part so well.

The Last Song [DVD]
The Last Song [DVD] by Julie Anne Robinson (DVD - 2010)