5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Sponge sorry Star Book
Published on 19 April 2011 by Merry Megso

3.0 out of 5 stars Not laugh out loud, but raised a few smiles
An interesting idea to write a book in a weekend, and the author does well to create a kind of dialogue with the reader. I got a little tired with the padding references to how many words we were at and what the time was, but some of the anecdotes raised a smile. I suspect the appeal of this book will greatly depend on how much affinity the reader feels with the author.
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Sponge sorry Star Book, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Life... With No Breaks: A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Memoir (Kindle Edition)
I decided to read this book whilst feeling down. This was one of the best ideas ever. Totally loved the book. Nick made me feel as if I was actually sitting on that chair in his house stuffing my face with his cookies and coffee. To say it made me laugh was an understatement. This is a book I will read again and again and possibly again. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks for cheering me up Nick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and hilarious!, 28 Oct 2011
Alex Walker (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life... With No Breaks (Paperback)
Life with no breaks has to be one of the funniest books I've read in years. From start to finish I found myself laughing out loud at Spaldings's escapades, stange phobias (sponges!) and observations. There were so many entertaining stories, too many to list here, although the embarrasing university story is worth a mention.
I loved how the book was written in one sitting; it made me feel part of the author's journey through his thoughts and reminiscences. And I felt almost priviledged to be included in some of the more personal and private confessions. I had attempted to read this all in one go as a nod to Spalding's mammoth writing session - but I didn't have his stamina (or coffee!).
A brilliant, hilarious book, well worth a read. Spalding has a real talent for drawing you in and leaving you wanting more. I shall definately be reading more by this fantastic author.

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining idea, 5 April 2011
This book is quite difficult to describe as it is a mix of stories, ideas, advice and opinions on various subjects. It's a very light hearted and funny read, and it feels a bit like having a chat with someone in a pub. I particularly liked the story of the funeral for the person that nobody liked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read!, 6 Mar 2011
Curiosity got the better of me about this book - written over a couple of days the author invites you into his house and offers you cookies and coffee. This book reminded me of many a pleasant evening I've spent with friends in the front room reminiscing over a bottle of wine on adolescence, mistakes made, disastrous relationships, bad decisions, regrets and impulse purchases!! As I sat on the bus reading this there were moments where I felt Nick was sitting next to me and including me in his late night thoughts, early morning philosophies and future wishes. This is not an earth shattering piece of writing, a piece of writing that makes you think about why we're all here and where we're going - this is a piece of cosy writing that people of a certain age connect with, smile with and I hope one day I bump into Nick in a bar and can buy him a pint and thank him for letting me share a couple of days with him and his coffee and cookies - please Nick, keep windows open though when smoking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading......with no breaks, 20 April 2011
Ever wanted to delve into the mind of a writer? Well if you can't have that, you can always spend 24 hours with Nick Spalding! Haha!

Nick generously offers the reader coffee and cookies as he winds his way through the tales and tribulations of his life so far. The conversational nature of the book makes this easy to read and I found myself nodding along in agreement with Nick (before realising I looked like a complete nut job!)
To me this book is absolutely worth all 5 shiny gold stars - it makes you laugh, it makes you think and best of all it made an 8 hour delay in the airport almost enjoyable!
Nice on Nick!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 May 2014
If you're after a laugh or just fancy sitting down chilling out with friends but no one is free read this book! I loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable 30 hours with Nick Spalding, 28 April 2014
I decided to read this book after watching a documentary about Amazon. It highlighted Nick's amazing sales of his first book. I thought I would check this out for myself. What's even more remarkable is how quickly he wrote it. Not months or even weeks, but in hours. I can appreciate what an achievement this is. I've just taken a year and a half to write my first book. He puts me to shame. Even more frustating is how good it is.

It's a unique book. Nick makes you feel like you are actually sitting there with him. He's an excellent host, keeps you well fed and watered. His tales are both amusing and serious. He doesn't pull any punches, tells it how it is. You might not agree with all his views, but you've got to respect his honesty.

It's a funny read, but also makes some salient points. Time is a constant reminder to him. He has a deadline to meet. We are all dictated by our timepieces, which is the point he is making. Time never changes, but what you do with it does. Take the time to read this book and you'll emerge with a different outlook. He's proved you can do more than you think with the time you have. He's certainly inspired me to write my next book a lot quicker. It won't be completed in a few hours, but I will finish it in months rather than years.

I enjoyed the company of Nick and so will you. It's time well spent. An excellent summer read. Treat yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 1 April 2014
this book made me laugh out loud, someones mental dump on the page but so funny as if you were sitting chatting to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read, 16 Mar 2014
In the beginning it was so mindnumbing it actually inspired me to write, thinking...if people can write this s*** and get it bought, so could I. I persevered and I'm glad I did. Ignore the twittering at the beginning and keep going...Because this really is a good book to read. Ironic too, as one of his tips at the end is to do just that. Well done Nick, you pulled me in, made me feel involved and inspired - but not in one reading. Time and time again, in spare moments. Love your attitude to the gym, and your great-uncle. If you're reading this review before deciding, read the book and you'll know too! I feel a smiley face coming on :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light hearted friendly read., 20 Feb 2014
This is the fourth Nick Spalding book I've recently read and I must say I loved it. Especially the style in which the book has been written. It did actually make you feel like you were sat with him sharing his coffee and biscuits. If your looking for an easy read that will make you smile, laugh and touch you emotionally than this is the book for you. I've just download the sequel which I'm looking forward to reading. Enjoy!