5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant reissue of this Brilliant Album
Well, I am a nearly 15-year-old ABBA fan. How come? I watched Mamma Mia! the movie and then searched for ABBA songs. It's been a year now, I've listened to all of their songs and I love nearly all of them. They are delightful. And yet I only own ABBA-The Albums, Arrival Deluxe Edition, The Album Deluxe edition and now this.

The original album is just brilliant...
Published on 7 Jun 2010 by Andreas

3.0 out of 5 stars Original album: top - but the rest could be better!
I must admit that the release is quite disappointing to me. I even prefer the 2005 CSR remastering. I absolutely adore the album. But I don't quite get the fact that "Just A Notion" and "Rubber Ball Man" are missing - as they were left at a similar production stage as "Dream World". The explanation - that the reason for not releasing them is that parts of these songs were...
Published on 11 Jun 2010 by Dr. Paich

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Many excellent songs, but a couple of weak ones, 11 Mar 2003
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
Some people associate Abba with disco music, but this album is as close as they got to recording a disco album (only some tracks fit that classification). It has several excellent songs but in its original form would only get four stars from me. The addition of two bonus tracks, Summer night city and Lovelight, brings it up to five stars.
The British public, who normally bought Abba singles in quantities big enough to ensure number one in the charts, might appear to be (like me) less impressed with this album, as none of the singles reached number one although they were all top five. However, the album itself sold in huge quantities, so perhaps some people bought the album instead of the singles. In America, this album was less successful than its predecessor, but they visited America to promote that one (The album, featuring Take a chance on me).
Summer night city was the earliest hit here. Released some months before the album, it appeared on several compilations but not on an original album until it was included on the re-mastered version of this album. The first single from the original album was Chiquitita, a song I didn't like at all originally, but I've grown to accept it because it's by Abba - it shows even they're not perfect. Only Blondie's Heart of glass prevented it being number one in Britain
Much better is Does your mother know, in which one of the men (Bjorn) feature on lead vocals. The men started out as folk singers themselves. Their voices are nothing exceptional, but it is nice to hear them occasionally. This was followed by the double-A side Angel eyes / Voulez-vous. I prefer Angel eyes, but it seems that I am in a minority. In any case, the single reached number three, but Roxy Music also had a hit with a completely different song called Angel eyes and this may have caused confusion.
For me, the outstanding song here is I have a dream - it even inspired American country-gospel singer to record a cover. This song, the last to be released from this album, was unlucky not to be a British number one - it was stuck at number two for ages behind Pink Floyd's Another brick in the wall.
Apart from the singles, there were great album tracks, including The king has lost his crown, If it wasn't for the nights, Kisses of fire and the second bonus track, Lovelight, which was the B side of Chiquitita.
I note that the track listing here includes Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie - on the CD's I've got, this was a bonus track on Super trouper instead. It was recorded midway between the two albums and was a British number three hit. Like Chiquitita, it is song I've come to accept but not one I regard as an Abba classic.
While this is not one of my favorite Abba albums, there are a lot of brilliant songs here that are well up to the quality I expect of Abba (hence the five stars). Because of those songs, no self-respecting Abba fan should ignore it. You might even enjoy the songs that I think are merely OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for the DVD (and Dreamworld), 1 Jun 2010
Nedward "Ned3" (Scotland UK Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
If you're an Abba fan (and reading this, I assume that you are) then you've almost definitely got Voulez Vous in at least one version already.

The DVD makes it worth purchasing. Several live performances which I'd never seen before, interviews with B&B and original TV ads make this a wonderful collection, and all included in the price of a CD! The quality of the recording varies, but it is over 30 years old.

Some comments have focused on what's missing; I urge you to focus on what's included.

Go on, but it. You know you want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 23 Sep 2005
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
Abba-solute thrill factor. Bought for 'As Good As New' and 'The King Has Lost His Crown' in particular. The Polar label..the sound quality. The extra tracks. Fab album. Best version yet. Don't bother withnthe 2004/2005 releases with DVD as you'vre all gto the DVD anyhow...One let down. Where is 'Dreamworld'?

5.0 out of 5 stars ABBA Voules Vous, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
I Just Love this album .I think its stood the test of time. I never get tired of playing it

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Voulez-Vous -CD+DVD- (Audio CD)
This was the only I was missing from my ABBA collection and I have listened to this constantly since it arrived.A must have for any ABBA fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
Never tire of listening to any ABBA album especially this one. Have replaced all of my old vinyl albums with cds through Amazon. Speedy delivery and excellent packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
Lovely to have on CD, just one of Abbas best and quality fabulous! Will be looking to replace all my Abba vinyls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 25 April 2013
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
Excellant, great to be reaquainted to theses superb sewdish word-smiths.
I'd recommend this to anyone, They still are great artists !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love the Oldies, 26 Dec 2012
C. Baxter "- love USA Series" (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (Audio CD)
I have the original record - I know I am of that age.... Anyway this cd did not let me down which I was sure it wouldn't. Very good investment once again. I can now listen to abba in my car. Yippie.... All the tracks are great and the extra's as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Voulez-vous-abba, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Voulez-Vous (MP3 Download)
Excellent album with three extra tracks included here, Summer Night City, Lovelight, and Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, I'm re-buying and downloading the albums, so I'm very pleased. and well worth the price.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb0b90a50)

Voulez-Vous
Voulez-Vous by ABBA (Audio CD - 2010)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available