5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
It took much prevarication and a wonderful evening at Birmingham Town Hall in November, but I finally purchased "The Age of Miracles", gave it a few spins in the car, shrugged indifferently, and retired the disc to a shelf. One long winter later and a fortuitous song shuffle in the last two weeks from my antique iPod, and the twelve tracks that at first seemed barely...
Published on 15 April 2011 by B. Eaton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on last album
Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A wholeness that underpins every song, 7 July 2014
Mr N Newman (Thornbury, Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
We've been MCC fans for years but were slow to come to this album. Now we have, I love it. It seems to have a wholeness to it that underpins every song. There are no really up-tempo numbers so perhaps it has a more reflective mellow tone. My personal favourite is Mrs Hemingway, but I don't FF to it - I just let the whole album run!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on last album, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
If the other reviewers think that this is Mary Chapin at her best I would suggest that they compare it with her last two albums "The age of miracles" released in 2010 or "The Calling" in 2007. They were both excellent and had a memorable mix of thoughtful and melancholic songs such as "Houston" and "Twilight", interspersed with more upbeat numbers like "I put my ring back on" which licks the list of mournful sons on this album to fits I'm afraid.

I'm so glad I checked out the tracks on Spotify first, before compounding the disappointment of hearing it by also wasting my money buying it.

I am truly a long time fan, and have every other album she's done since "Hometown Girl" in 1987, but I won't be buying this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The master, 4 May 2014
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (MP3 Download)
A huge fan of MCC. Goes back over 20 years. This album was so inspired I was crying on a train listening to it. I understand Mary's journey. Zephyr and I Put my Ring Back on as masterpieces of MCC's ability to tell snip its of ones life in 3 mins. Treat yourself and put the kettle on and prepare to be moved inside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent record, 21 April 2012
Dr. Tom Bell "Tom Bell" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (MP3 Download)
Always find records difficult to review. By and large you either like Bob Dylan ( for instance) or not . Well I love MCC and her slightly husky voice and her excellent lyrics. I think she the best of all the new country singers .. has real soul . Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars AS GOOD AS ANY MCC ALBUM, 20 Dec 2011
Mr. Roy Mounsey "Tony Mounsey" (Carlisle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
Being a little disappointed with a late 90s releases, I lost track of MCC. As I write, I am listening to the album. It is the equal of her very best work. Previously, Stones In The Road was my favourite - now this stands along side it. I have filled in the gaps and own all MCC albums, except the Christmas one.

5.0 out of 5 stars she has been at the top for years!, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
well, if you have never heard this lady sing go and treat yourself to this or any of her other albums, they are all top notch.
don't think you will be disappointed,
promise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful CD, 1 Oct 2010
Amazon Customer "Photofox" (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
For Mary Chapin Carpenter fans this is a "must". It contains the usual heart wrenching ballads which only Mary can sing/write.
Buy it, play it, sit back and relax

5.0 out of 5 stars The Age of Miracles, 8 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
If you have listened to Mary Chapin Carpenter in the past you probably wont need me to tell you how good she is. This album has got some great tracks on it in her usual style, singer songwriter, folk, meets modern country. Some great lyrics and MCC fabulous warm toned voice
My favourites are the title track The Age of Miracles, Zephyr and The Way I Feel. She always surrounds herself with great musicians and produces a great sound and this ablbum is no exception with some superb guitar and mandolin. The guitar solo on "Last night I put my ring back on" is a knock out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterclass in understated and thoughtful songwriting, 15 May 2010
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
A superlative collection of songs. I've only listened to the whole CD twice but I think this disc will be getting a lot of play time. The mood is mostly fairly downbeat and sombre, but the songs are beautifully written and a pleasure to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Jun 2010
Mrs. M. Gilliland (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Age Of Miracles (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Mary Chapin Carpenter for years and I love these new songs. The storytelling, the layers of wonderful guitars etc. make it a joy to listen to. Her best since 'Stones on the Road'. I too think it deserves to be album of the year.

The Age Of Miracles