5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for keen cooks with arthritis in hands or wrists
Published on 4 Dec 2011 by Miss M S Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw?
Published on 23 Mar 2012 by Trulyfayre

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for keen cooks with arthritis in hands or wrists, 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
I'm a relatvely young athritis sufferer and cannot use a conventional lemon squeezer any more, but I prefer to make freshly squeezed lemon juice when cooking rather than that from a bottle. I searched for hours on the net for one that could be rested flat on a worktop whilst I simply press some sort of lever down with forearm or elbow, so I could avoid the need to put any strain through wrists or hands. This one exactly fits the bill and it has a non slip surface on the bottom which is a good design feature. It catches the juice which you can easily pour out without having to take the catching dish off the bottom, until you want to wash the thing up. I don't find it too big or bulky, however the top lever doesn't come off for when you're washing up which seemed a bit awkward at first. However the press doesn't really get that dirty so it's not that hard to wash it up as an 'all in one' item really. I am deighted to have found a device which helps me to carry on with 'proper' cooking despite having arthritis. Top marks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw?, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
I have encountered the same problem as detailed in the Linda Copland review. I have used the product for 5 months and the locking tangs have broken as she has described. When I tried to return the unit I was advised that I was out of time (more than 30 days since purchase). I pointed out that Zyliss offered a 5 year gaurantee and after checking the Zyliss web site herself, the operator agreed to replace the damaged item. Will I have to do this for the next 5 years or will Zyliss fix the problem?

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, 11 Sep 2013
Beanie Luck Spud (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
I was very impressed with this tool.

It squeezed oranges, lemons, limes, clementines, tangerines and even passionfruit with ease.

I have not encountered any problems so far with the juice overflowing or the twist lock mechanism breaking.

I must of used mine over 100 times so far as i make jams, chutneys, and marmalade's and as long as you twist gently and make sure you put it back in line properly i don't see what the issue is.

Also bear in mind that the most negative reviews who are from people who have not purchased the item from amazon despite claiming too.

I got mine for under seven quid, cant moan at that.

I used mine on the board, and by hand directly over a pan and i have had no problems with it.

Also to clarify a point, how is this hard to wash ??? the container comes off an the rest can be rinsed it hot water. Yeah that's really difficult isn't it.

A great buy !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Citrus Juicer, 27 Dec 2012
David Williams "David" (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
Works fairly well. here is a need to empty out the juice collector bowl frequently.
This is quite easily done with a receiver bowl close by.
The Juicer is quicker and more efficient than the twisting cone method.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrist-breaker, 27 Sep 2013
Dr. Derek Smith (Malvern, Worcs., UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
You need to have the physique of an Olympic athlete to use this gadget effectively. Not for an octogenarian weakling like me!

1.0 out of 5 stars the cup broke after few weeks, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
the secure-in-place plastic mechanism came off after few weeks of having this, i would wish a replacement on the cup, as without the cup secure in place the product is useless. and i contacted the brand customer service, the product is discontinued!! no replacements are available (5 year 'grantee'), so LOSS OF MONEY literally (if it brakes)

2.0 out of 5 stars Theory good - practice not, 18 Mar 2012
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
In theory this should be really good. However, juice is not totally caught in the cup and leaks out round the handle (I checked my cup for leaks - it is not that, juice just comes out around the cup). Consequently, you have to hold it over another receptacle to catch all the juice, which negates the leverage of having a hard surface underneath and being able to apply extra pressure to the handle. Otherwise you have a work surface awash with fruit juice. Wouldn't bother buying, but the seller's delivery was very quick

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 9 uses, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
Nice idea however it was quite hard to push down the lever to squeeze most of the juice from oranges. Not long after buying this part of the bottom container broke so it wasn't able to stay connected to the lever, also it doesn't hold very much juice, about an orange at a time and can be quite messy when pouring into a glass. I have since bought an electric juicer for the same price. You plug it in, press down on the fruit and voila, a half pint of juice with no mess and no problems.

3.0 out of 5 stars Citrus Press, 31 Jan 2014
Mrs. Marilynne Combes (Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
Takes a lot of pressure and then leaves the edges with juice still in them, not the best by any means and quite hard work.

2.0 out of 5 stars Zyliss Citrus Press, 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: Zyliss Citrus Press (Kitchen & Home)
I recently purchased a Zyliss Citron Press via Amazon. On the whole the Press works quite well. The only problem being that the removable juice collection attachment has two small fasteners which lock the unit into the base of the press. On the second use of the unit both of these fasteners had broken rendering the press difficult to use. I think this is a fault that could be rectified by a sturdier design.

regards, Clive and Linda Copland.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›