Format: DVDChange
Price:£34.95+ £1.26 shipping

VINE VOICEon 16 August 2011
Season One of the revamped classic 90210 was a good start- it wasn't award winning in its quality but it certainly made for enjoyable viewing. Season Two, thus, was a disappointment by comparison. The season isn't terrible but it lost alot of the glossiness which Season One possessed, and the storylines are handled badly- either dragging out stories which didn't need to be or else adding truly bizarre twists into the mix.

This series manages to move supporting characters like Naomi and Silver into the limelight whilst last season's lead characters move more to the back- a bold move although slightly irritating given that Annie, for example, has a rather compelling storyline this season.

The series also fails in it's realism in comparison to Season One- whilst that series was eccentric and rather different from my Bristolian life- it did ring true through its characters. This Season is bizarre in its feel- somewhere between a reality TV show and a teenage drama.

Despite my criticisms, there really are some great storylines this season, and for anyone who was a fan of Season One, it certainly makes for great viewing- and Season Three tops both it's predecessors so it's worth hanging on and watching this Season to bridge the gap between the two!
on 22 June 2010
The first season was quite boring, but this really took a turn creatively with better stories and more depth to the characters. Especially Annie who deals with the consequences of the first season finale. The only downside is that it got really dragged out after it's mid-season hiatus and there should have been more Kelly!
on 9 January 2011
90210 is from the same network as 'Gossip Girl', the CW. The CW also produces the excellent 'Vampire Diaries'.

But, in many ways it is GG's poor West Coast cousin. The whole thing feels a little, well, teeny boppy by comparison. However, it can be entertaining to rattle through several episodes on DVD, though it can feel a bit like watching an MTV reality show in its setting, acting and frothy-lite storyline.

One gripe: an extraordinarily large amount of time is spent lolling around on the beach: is there really that little to do in LA?

One key development - Shenae Grimes (Annie) appears to have been pretty much sidelined in favour of the excellent anti-hero Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord). This is when it's supposed to be Grime's show.

A little information: Season 2 begins with the end of summer school for Dixon, Silver, and Naomi. Naomi unknowingly dates a married man in an attempt to get over Liam. Silver and Dixon get back together, but break up soon after Silver receives a message from Ethan revealing the two shared a kiss on prom night. Adrianna is desperate to become a normal teenager, giving up acting up and, much to Navid's dismay, sex. Their relationship is put under further pressure with the arrival of Teddy, Adrianna's old boyfriend (to whom Adrianna lost her virginity). Meanwhile, the emotionally distant and guilt-ridden Annie has cut herself from society as much as possible, contributing to a growing disconnect between her and her brother, who is angry at her for sending him to summer school. Annie has kept her hit-and-run under wraps but learns that the victim, who had been in a coma, has died.

That kind of gives you a flavour for things. Overall, it's still worthwhile to purchase and watch these, I must just emphasise that this show is not the best of its kind currently out there.
on 24 January 2011
Product itself is very good, love 90210 itself. To buy from amazon it is already cheaper than HMV or anywhere else I have looked, but the delivery was very slow, this is the reason it has lost a star. All I would say is plan extremely far ahead in ordering this as it took 20 days to reach me with amazon merchant jersey and I have Prime delivery.
Love 90210 season 2 though but you should buy 90210 season 1 first as some vital things happen at the end of the first season and you need to know these things to be able to understand season 2.
on 31 January 2011
The quality of the DVDs is very high although my product was however damaged where the disks are held. This isn't much of an issue I just wish it wasn't broken. I also had trouble getting this delivered but got it eventually. However overall the series is great and I would definaltley reccomend it to anyone who likes teenage drama.
VINE VOICEon 25 October 2011
I bought this for my 16 year old daughter as a birthday gift (she'd requested the box sets of all 3 seasons). All I can say is, she ripped it from the wrapper, dashed off to her room and has watched it several times since! I am guessing it was a huge hit with her. Package arrived promtly and in perfect condition!
on 22 April 2011
The product arrived and from the outside it appeared perfect. I opened the box and two of the discs were out of place. Luckily there were only a few scratches and the DVDs still work properly. I would recommend you buy these DVDs as it is a brilliant price and an excellent, thrilling and gripping season.
on 5 December 2013
I bought this as a gift for a friend who was moving to another country where she doesn't speak the language and wanted to watch something light and fun in the evenings. She really likes it and wants the rest of the series so I guess it's good.
on 17 August 2010
Okay so I watched season 1 of 90210 on E4, it made me curious about the original series - Beverly Hills, 90210. I'm now on season 5 of Beverly Hills, 90210 and watch the current 90210 online because I just can't wait. I gotta admit, the first season was not up there with the best teen dramas but I still enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure (like Saved By the Bell or Privileged) but then the second season rolled around and it had a whole new look because of the new showrunner/EP Rebeca Sinclair.

Season 1 was trying to be edgy but it felt like it was trying to take on a more British role, which is weird because of it being American. Season 2 is edgy with edgy fashion and more indie and 80s music.

Season 1 is awesome, season 2 is better so buy season 2 & season 1 of 90210 now plus seasons 1-10 of Beverly Hills, 90210.
on 22 November 2011
I am a late comer to the new 90210. I was a major fan of the original show, but this is very different. It makes the old one seem so dated. I had a sick day recently and watched about 6 episodes, great viewing.