on 1 April 2012
My grandfather recommended his short stories many years ago and they stayed in my mind for many years and i finally managed to pick up a copy via Amazon. His writing has a way-a style and is captivating, clever and original. Like all good works, they don't age with time.I would highly recommend his work.
Bierce himself was an interesting man-a journalist by trade who managed to obtain recognition latterly for his work and ended up 'disappearing' in New Mexico, I believe. A strange ending to a man who engineered many strange endings in his numerous short stories.
on 3 August 2010
Try not to read any descriptions about this book, as they will tell you most of the story. Worth a read, although it will take you less than an hour to read it - try Project Gutenburg for a free read of this book.