5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money
Published on 25 Sep 2011 by Andyrads

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
The only problem I seem to have with these is that It says on the instructions that the first charge should be for 16 hours and then the red light should go off once fully charges.

Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 25 Sep 2011
This review is from: Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I read the reviews above and nearly didn't buy these headphones. One reviewer complained about the constant background hiss. When I first used them, I had the same problem. I soon realised that I needed to turn down the volume on the inbuilt control and turn the volume up on the device (tv etc) and the hiss disappeared. Now, even at quiet moments, there is no background noise. As for the battery supplied being the only one you can use, this is not true. You can use AAA rechargeable batteries. I have tried and they work perfectly. A great value-for-money buy and I would highy recommend them. Just play around with the two volume levels till you are happy. I now don't use the inbuilt volume control leaving it set where I found this perfect level and they are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 1 Jan 2012
M. Heyes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought these headphones for a friend who is hard of hearing & uses them when watching TV. The pair she had previously were no longer useful as she could not get the volume she needed. She was delighted with these and says that they are comfortable to wear for long periods and that there is no distortion at loud volume. She is also elderly and not very good with 'gadgets' but she found the instructions easy to follow and she soon had them up and running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony TV and HIFI Over-Ear Headphones, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The sound was very clear and one could hear every word that was said without any disturbance, also listenening to music was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 4 Jan 2011
I bought these headphones so I can watch TV in the early/late hours without waking everyone else in the house.

The headphones produced high quality sound with noticable detail over the speakers on my Sony Bravia TV. Until my family tried these headphones we thought the TV sound was OK! It is like having Cinema Sound without the expense.

They are a great product. They are comfortable to wear, with very impressive sound and a built in manual volume control. They work all over the house from the one transmitter that is plugged into the TV headphone socket.

The headphones are reachargeable by plugging in to the transmitter (by a short lead provided) or you can swap out the rechargeable pack for 2 regular AAA batteries. I have tried both options with no issues.

My family are now getting their own sets to operate off the same transmitter, just for the increased listening pleasure and independant volume setting.

4.0 out of 5 stars v.good, does the job, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I looked up all the reviews before buying and settled on this, because I really just wanted something to listen to the tv with without having the volume on and not breaking the budget. This definitely does that job. As for all the hissing comments, there is occasionally low level noise, but nothing that can't be fixed with a little adjusting. The main tip is to turn the headset volume down and the tv sound up. At it's best, it is crystal clear. I see that there are digital ones available, which sound like they would be great, but I don't have that kind of cash for headphones. This radio frequency one is reliable and does the job, and you can leave them on for hours without discomfort (e.g. when the cricket is on). Remember to switch the headphones off when you're done. Hope this helps. I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elizabeth, 22 Jun 2010
I bought these as a suprise for my husband,he already had some similar that were five years old.He thinks they are really good and much improved on the old set.Very reasonably priced just cannot go wrong with Sony products.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)

Well I have been charging these for 2 days and the light still hasn't gone off. I have tried them with my TV and they work great. Just not sure how fully charged they actually are.

I thought about buying a new battery but this is around 7, and after paying 34.00 for these I really shouldn't have to. Not sure if I should send them back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless headphones, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought these Sony headphones to replace similar Sony ones which I had used for many years.
An excellent feature of the original ones was that they switched off automatically when taken off
the head so why has Sony despensed with this brilliant idea on this new model and fitted a slide
switch?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Headphones, 23 Feb 2011
Mr. M. J. Attwater "Michael Attwater" (Rochester Kent UK) - See all my reviews
Absolutely amazed at the superb quality of these headphones. There is absolutely no hiss or interference, even when walking into a different room. I have them linked to my TV and the bass and treble are excellent. Would thoroughly recommend these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony RF810RK RF Wireless Headphones, 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sony TV and HiFi Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I recently bought Sony RF810RL wireless headphones. After I had placed the order I read the negative review written by some buyers and I got very depressed. I felt like cancelling my order, but decided to try the headphones any way.
When I tried the head phones with my Sony Bravia TV the results were excellent, there was no hiss or distortion in the sound even when I opened the headphone volume full, sound was crystal clear. Specially the music sounded above excellent.
I tried to manuipulate the headphone by changing the chanel and the db to -6, but the results were excellent.
I used the headphones continuously for two hours and I did not observe any problems in sound or quality of the sound.
Then I tried moving from one room to another room and as far away as possible in the house from the transmitter and yet the results were excellent
Last but not the laest the service and delivery by Amazon.co.uk was above excellent.

Dr. Shamim A. Hassan