on 23 February 2011
This is not your average baking tray, this feels like it's been made from recycled anvils. It will last you a lifetime, long after your cooker is worn out, long after your favourite orange colour cast iron enamelled cookware it looking old and tired, this baking tray will be churning out chocolate brownies day after day. Buy it!
on 11 May 2012
I think i am becoming more luddite as i get older,,,,, i have bought too many non stick items only to have the coating come off within a few uses... this is back to old tech, and guess what - it works.. I dont need to line it with anything when roasting stuff, I can stick it in the dishwasher after and its fine. Good solid heavy weight pan that is a reasonable price...
on 27 September 2013
You have probably realised that I am a fan of Vitreous Enamel. so much so that I am now purchasing it for a friend who has just had a new kitchen. If you have read any of my other reviews you will know that I really do recommend these products. They will last far longer, (mostly a 25 year guarantee) than others types bought at supermarkets etc. Yes, they are weighty but they do not buckle with the heat and are far easier to clean than so called nonstick. We all know what oil does to nonstick, a baked on mess, not so with these products.
on 27 December 2012
This is a very useful size and good quality solid enamel but that does mean that it is rather heavy so could be difficult for some one disabled or who has difficulty with lifting.
on 31 May 2014
Very happy with this and like the square shape which fits well over my gas burner when making gravy on the hob. Is easy to keep clean. If anything does get stuck I just soak it for a little while in warm soapy water and it does the trick.
on 21 April 2014
At first, I loved this cookware so much I bought 7 items from this range at a total cost of £72. (Gave my review 5 stars.) I must have bored my family silly when I kept telling them how much I loved my new cookware. I was slightly disappointed when rhubarb made the surface slightly bloomed. Then disaster struck. I made an apple crumble only to find the vitreous enamel surface where the apple touched had completely come off. All that was left was the very rough, crumbly, raw mettle that lies underneath the glossy surface. I hate to think what we must have eaten with that apple crumble. My partner was ill for several days afterwards and I still wonder if his illness was a result of eating goodness-knows-what.
As always Amazon was brilliant and refunded the full amount on all seven items.
From the other reviews, a lot of people seem very happy with this cookware, as I was at first. Maybe I was unlucky or maybe the surface cannot tolerate the acid in the fruit. Whatever reason, I have lost confidence in this product.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
When I initally got the two square pans I was really impressed. They seemed heavy and well enamelled and seemed very robust. They felt to be of the highest quality and I was chuffed with my purchase. However that didn't last long at all. Everything, and I do mean everything I have put into these pans has stuck to them. From Yorkshire puddings, roasted parsnips, chips, you name it, it's been welded to the pan. The annoying thing is they then refuse to yield up their encrusted and baked on residue to the dish washer on it's best setting with quantum tabs and usually that cleans everything but not these. No idea what they used to coat them but it is completely the anthesis of what is need. I have made sure it's not just me by making sure the pans are oiled etc. but it makes no difference. Even the chips are Waitrose goose fat chips and they are nt very healthy because of the fat (so a once a month treat) however they should definately not stick... but they do ..Very dissapointed. Looks aren't everything I guess.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2012
Having recently discarded two baking trays as the "coating" was coming off I decided to look online for a tray similair to my roasting tin - which I have had for ten years and it still looks like new; so imagine how happy I was to find the prefect looking tin at such a reasonable price: Vitreous enamel is simply marvellous and there is no way I will need the full 25 year guarantee, but wonder if I should keep the reciept and the invoice to see what the future holds when I'm 66 and the tin needs replacing before my retirement bash! But io doubt it - these stuff lasts and lasts and lasts and its not that unattractive. forget kitchen co-ordination I go for value anytime.
on 9 April 2013
I really like this bake pan. I use it to make brownies. Nothing sticks in it. It washes easy and has a strong heavy feel. Good quality. Would recommend for all bakers.
on 31 October 2012
For sheer quality. this product deserves 5-stars and this is what I have awarded. I knew what I would receive when I ordered it, it being the nearest MasterClass product to what I really wanted - a similar quality bake pan but 23cm or 24cm x 18cm, suitable in size for a single man to make a lasagne for one person and which they do not appear to make. I have an individual baking tray by them of that ideal size but cannot find a bake pan - or maybe I am missing something.