on 27 February 2013
Our 10 year old bolier was making so much noise kettling, it would wake us up each morning, the noise could be heard all over the house. As I had changed some radiators a few months ago and put in Fernox protection fluid, I did not want to drain the system to put in the bolier silencer. I also wanted to use Fernox boiler silencer as it would ensure no reaction between the protection and the silencer fluids. So I bought the Fernox F2 fluid. It was easy to apply via a radiator bleed nipple. The instructions were clear, it took me about 15 minutes. The boiler has now stopped kettling completely. I would recomend this product for ease of application and effectiveness.
on 22 November 2012
Bought this after reading other reviews and it's definitely quick and easy to get into the heating system. The boiler had started making 'kettling' noises around August even with the boilerstat turned down. I didn't like the idea of complete system drain and flush with aggressive chemicals. The system is quite large, 11 radiators. Injected the Fernox one week ago and one cartridge has immediately silenced the kettling noise.
on 21 March 2013
Developed kettleing in the boiler which became very noisy. Had heard good reports regarding F2 so easy to apply into the radiator with very easy instructions to follow and all the bits required for the job except the application gun, which is quite cheap to purchase if you don't have one. The kettleing (noise) stopped within an hour & not further problems 10/10
on 30 December 2013
I was somewhat sceptical that a single dose would make any difference to the racket my bedroom radiator was making. I already changed the TRV and was preparing to replace the radiator when I tried this product as nothing to loose except the money.
It was a bit fiddly to connect the tube to the bleed vent as the adaptor would not screw in, but with a spare pair of hands I could hold it tight in whilst my partner pumped the gun. Consequently it took me about 20 minutes, rather than the 10 I had anticipated.
The result was nothing short of a transformation. Not only has the bedroom radiator stopped crackling, the whole system is now silent.
I am DELIGHTED.
I can't say if you will get the same result, but I'd certainly say for the money, its well worth a punt.
on 11 July 2013
Does exactly what's required for a great price. No complaints whatsoever. Speedy dispatch time too. Will buy further products from this supplier in the future.
on 2 November 2012
I live in a hard water area and my old combi boiler just became like a large kettle coming to the boil all the time.
It could be heard downstairs boiler was installed upstairs. I just wanted an idiot proof solution I have no plumbing skills. Fernox F2 was the answer in this form as in can be injected into a radiator using a cartridge gun.
Within a week I had to stand next to the boiler to make sure it was working. The only note I would add is that it takes a fair ammount of hand pressure on the gun trigger so a metal one not a plastic one is a must.
on 22 March 2013
I applied this via a radiator and the kettling stopped almost immediately .I would highly recommend this product. The whole job took only 15 minutes
on 10 April 2013
Did exactly what i expected it to do cheers and cheapest on the net would def buy this product again
on 14 November 2013
Having tried the, so called, equivalent product from another supplier last year which didn't work, I was dubious but had to do something about my boiler noise. No problem using the kit to dose the heating system but I did not get the instant results that others seem to have had. Patience is a virtue though and, 5 days after adding the concentrate, my boiler is totally free of kettling and banging. I really can't praise this product highly enough.
on 10 June 2016
Only slightly reduced banging noise

See one answered question