Size: One Size|Colour: Black|Change

on 21 June 2016
Operating instructions a little vague. But delivery and the speed of delivery outstanding.
on 28 June 2015
I read a review on here before I bought this which said words to the effect of "I wish it had more buttons" and I scoffed at the review.

However, I wish it had more buttons! It has ONE button which is easy to accidentally press. It has very very little functionality other than the basics.

However - it works reliably and consistently at monitoring your heart rate, which is what I bought it for at the end of the day.

However - it has the feel of an 80s digital watch.
on 31 August 2015
nice basic HRM. waterproof, easy to read. beeps audible. not great at multi-tasking
on 9 December 2015
Expecting this to be great. It's a Christmas present so hasn't been used yet.
on 14 May 2011
I purchased this watch from the British Watch Company via Amazon. Ordered Thursday night, chose free delivery, and it was delivered Saturday afternoon! The watch is really simple to use. Comprises of a chest strap, which is easy to fit and then the watch itself which displays the time, duration of the work out and tracks your heart rate continuously. You can set upper and lower limits for heart rate and it beeps when you are out of that range.
Great if all you want to do is monitor heart rate and train within a certain range.
on 17 May 2014
As the headline suggests the set up couldn't be easier. The only reason this is getting 4 stars instead of five is the strap on the wrist unit, it is a bit too short and feels quite flimsy. I have large wrists so this probably won't present an issue for most people but if you do have large wrists beware.
on 27 August 2013
Overall I really like this HRM, especially for the price and that it's a coded unit (no interference). My only gripe is that the file element does not feature min/max HR for the exercise period. Otherwise very good
on 12 August 2013
Bought mainly so that the exercise machines at the gym could monitor my heart rate, and give me better feedback and more exercise options. Only really needed the belt, but the basic level wrist monitor unit with belt, was only a little extra to the belt on it's own, and the wrist monitor has proved really useful. Glad I paid the extra and got both.
on 21 July 2015
Great bit of kit. Inexpensive easy to use all round good buy!
on 6 March 2012
12 Mar 2012 - Update edit.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Whoops, I spoke too soon! I've used our exercise bike all winter but today I went jogging and the reported heart rate was all over the place. It seemed like the jogging up and down was interfering with the electronic connections.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The Polar FT1 Heart Rate Monitor is an excellent device. Having read the reviews before buying I have these comments:

The one button is very straight forward to use. Maybe if you are technophobic you might have some difficulty but, if not, after a quick glance at the manual you should find it very intuitive.

Each time I've used it the watch part has picked up my heart beat within 10 seconds. If you don't moisten the pick-up pads on the back of the chest strap then it won't work but if you do, it works fine.

The display is very clear; I'm an old chap with age related long-sightedness but in day light I can read it with out my reading glasses.

The displayed heart rate is nice and stable. I bought the FT1 because our exercise bike's HRM varies by about 10 or 12 beats per minute over a period of 8 or 12 seconds which was useless. The FT1 is very good.

I decided to buy an FT1 rather than an FT2 because, as far as I could determine, the only thing that the FT2 does that the FT1 doesn't is allow you to put in your age. I'd guess that it then determines your maximum heart rate from 220 - your age. This formula is only an approximation, if you want to find yours you probably want to do it properly.

One nice thing I noticed that wasn't in the manual is that the 7 blobs at the top of the screen which indicate the day of the week when it's being used as a watch are used to give a rough indication of your session time when it's being used in exercise mode. When you start your session the first blob flashes; when you've been going for 10 minutes the first stays on continuously and the second one flashes and so on. You can, of course, get the actual time by waving the watch near the chest band but if you're on an exercise bike you might like to just have it clipped to the bike not to your wrist.

As usual, Amazon were too quick for my good; they said that the expected arrival day was to be Friday or Monday - it came Thursday - when we were out! ...Drat!