Price:£7.92+ £4.48 shipping

on 5 August 2011
I bought this for my 8 week old Son, he is very interested in all of the Lamaze high contrast items we bought including the Skunk knottie, the Racoon knottie, the Panda & Zebra rattles and the Penguin squeaker. He is, at the moment, unable to hold it himself but loves watching as me or his Daddy shake it for him, ringing the tingling bell inside which is usually rewarded by a big smile & a little gurgle. The noise made by this product is quite quiet but audible & a lot nicer on the ears than pther rattle type toys! The 'Knottie' has a loop at the top meaning it can be attached to carseats / bouncers / prams .etc. We have found these to be useful for this - Lamaze Monkey Link Set

Other reviewers have highlighted that the Lamaze range is not machine washable, but for the price, if my Son's ends up tatty I wound be tempted to try it in the machine on a gentle 'hand-wash' setting & if that goes wrong, for the price, I would just buy him a new one! I would recommend the Lamaze range to anyone with a new baby & will be ordering some more now I know my Son enjoys them so much.
on 16 November 2011
I ordered this as I love Lamaze toys and thought the skunk was a little out of the ordinary. When it arrived it was a little smaller than I had thought and also had no hook or clip to attach it to anything which again I had assumed it would have. However, I took a plastic hook off a Lamaze playgym and attached it to this so I could hang it on my little girls carseat and pram. She absolutely loves it, it is small enough for her to be able to grab at 12 weeks and the different textures and sounds amuse her when she grabs it or brushes against it. She loves just sitting and staring at it so I presume the colours are stimulating to her. This is a great buy, especially for when out and about and like all Lamaze toys the quality is second to none.
on 25 March 2011
We love Lamaze baby toys and this is a favourite with my 3 month old. I'm sure the high-contrast black and white scheme is the reason she has enjoyed this since she was about 9 weeks old (wish I bought it earlier.) The arms and legs are great for tiny hands learning to grab and hold. The only thing I don't like about this is the black velvety fabric attracts a lot of fluff from her blankets so it soon looks old. This is easily remedied by a rub with a damp cloth or lint roller though so it's no big deal. It doesn't come with a link (to attach to pram / play gym etc) - as the picture correctly shows - but I mention it because I wrongly assumed it would come with one like our other Lamaze toys have done. Overall we love this and it's great to hang on to the car seat or pram (when you buy your own link or clip) small enough to take anywhere and enough to keep our baby entertained while out and about.
on 31 December 2014
My sisters baby hume i bought this for seemed to love it and couldn't put it down love the colour and textures of it, down side was when buying thougth it would be bigger than it is for the price, would of given it 4 stars if it wasn't for that.
on 21 January 2011
Visually this toy gets a top score, and easily catches my 3.5 months olds interest. Unfortunately, she quickly runs out of things to do with it after that. There are only two places her small fingers can get hold - the feet and the tail, and the tail is surprizingly hard for her to keep on gripping. So, typically, she'll grab one of the feet, put either a foot or the snout in her mouth briefly, and then drop it again. I've yet to see her appreciate the crinkling tail and the bell in the head - perhaps this will come with time.

Cleaningwise it gets a medium score - at least in my household, it will quickly pick up dust, and you can't soak it, so you need to spongewash and brush the surface. But then, that is pretty standard for children toys.

For my daughters sake, I would have loved for this toy to be roughly 1.5-2x the size, with larger arms and ears so she could hold on to those as well. A larger, softer body would also have been a hit, since it would have given more options for her 'tasting' experiments, plus it would have made the skunk easier to rattle, so she could make the bell in it's head jingle by herself. I promise that I will update the review if she changes her mind about it, but as it is then this toy is not really the favorite in the toybasket.
on 13 May 2012
My daughter loves this and it has quickly become one of her favourite toys.
The Skunk is smaller than some of the lamaze toys you can get, but that just makes it more practical for young hands and transportation. The colours make it very distinctive for young eyes. There is a small loop which means I can attach it to your pram, bouncy chair or play mat with one of those loops (not supplied)
The limbs are perfect for little mouths to explore, and the tail crinkles and the main body has a bell, all round a great purchase and I wouldn't hesitate to get one for others.
on 11 February 2012
Daughter loves it but it's a real magnet for fluff like really bad velvet. Shame it wasn't made from different fabric as she's fascinated by its eyes.
on 30 July 2012
I bought this as a present for a new baby girl. It is bright and colourful and suitable from birth. I thought it makes a change from most of the pink and blue baby toys many babies receive.
on 18 July 2012
Fantastic contrasting colours that are guaranteed to engage baby and a good size for little hands. Another excellent addition to the lamaze range. Would recommend.
on 19 December 2013
colour contrasts work brilliantly to get a childs attention, my daughter loved it. she also had a jungle themed play mat this tied in well with it