5.0 out of 5 stars One man thinking he is taking the easy way to fame & fortune!, 10 Nov 2011
G. Brewer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
Superbly written story about one man taking what he has been planning all his life for. Gripping read and one i couldn't put down. I really felt for the lead character and altho what he's doing may seem wrong, i couldn't help but root for him! This book is Crouch doing what he does best!

4.0 out of 5 stars Famous, 18 Jun 2013
Joo "kuforum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
Lance is a 38 year old, still living with his parents when he loses his job. But Lance doesn't care as he looks like a Hollywood movie star so takes off to be that star.

This was quite an interesting story.You wonder whether Lance is right in his head as he sets out to become his idol. He dresses smart, goes where the smart people go, but is not really sure how he should act.

This sound like it should be a chick-lit type story, but it's not. It is told seriously and gets quite serious too.

I really enjoyed this story. I wasn't sure where it was going and Lance surprised me a few times along the way. It is a very readable story and I didn't want to put it down.

My only complaint is that the story finished at 80%. I'll forgive the author a little, as it went into an interview with him, but I really hate having a big chunk of a kindle book set aside for adverts and chapters of other books. I don't read them and get miffed that I've not had at least 95% of the kindle book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
This was my first Blake Crouch book. I absolutely loved it! The plot is unpredictable and the characters were very good. His story telling is really great.

I have since read other books of his and will certainly be reading more.

4.0 out of 5 stars This was so good that I then decided to read another of his ..., 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
I first became aware of the writer Blake Crouch when I read the Pines trilogy. This was so good that I then decided to read another of his books. Famous is a good read and I did want to read it all. It was however a little predictable but nonetheless would recommend it as perhaps a holiday book. I shall definitely be reading more from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
I have loved all the Blake Crouch books I have read so far. Discovered him by accident and am now a fan. This is well worth a read but did not grip me as much as the Wayward :Pines series or Desert Places. Good twist at the end and another original story from Blake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
This book surprised me. It was so unlike other books by the same author but the twist at the end is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this book., 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
It reminded me slightly of Brett Easton Ellis American Psycho. I found Famous easy to read - difficult
to put down in fact. Blake Crouch is an excellent story teller - if you enjoy Stephen King you will probably
like this as well. In fact all of the Blake Crouch books are very entertaining and well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant put down, 16 Dec 2014