5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous idea...
We've bought this for my 4 yr old for our holiday in America this year as hiring a booster seat seems to be so expensive and apparently the quality can vary dependant on the car hire depot itself.
We read all the reviews and decided to order one. It arrived very quickly and I am very impressed with the item.
It is very neat, not too bulky, looks good and feels...
Published 12 months ago by Al-Oh73

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, quality lacking
Published on 16 Aug. 2010 by S. J. Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous idea..., 23 Mar. 2014
It is very neat, not too bulky, looks good and feels sturdy enough to be sat on which I was a bit dubious about.
The backpack area is large enough to carry a few toys, games, snacks andd drinks etc for the flight.
I'd read a few reviews about the handles being badly stitched on and so I've pulled them about and they seem to be securely attached.
I'd also read that the seatbelt adjuster only sits on one side of the seat so you can only have the chair in one position of the car but this is incorrect, the seatbelt adjuster is detachable and can be used on either side of the seat, another great little touch.
The side arms click in and out of place and again are sturdy.
My only slight criticism is the seat itself is quite hard so for my little one's 'derriere' I'll be purchasing a small cushion for the long drives we're having to do in America.
All in all though, a fabulous idea and I'm extremely happy with this product, I would certainly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, quality lacking, 16 Aug. 2010
S. J. Mitchell (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Trunki Convertible Car Seat & Backpack Boostapak (Baby Product)
I bought this for my daughter for a trip to the US last week when I thought that it would be a great way to have a booster seat for taxis etc. It worked wonderfully well in that respect and held enough to keep her occupied during the flight. She loved it. However, as with other reviewers, the shoulder strap frayed and broke away from the base within about 5 minutes of carrying it. At that point it was only holding a drawing pad and some pencils so was not overfilled.

It's a great product and I would be happy to buy it again, but only once this issue has been addressed.

EDIT: Just to add, within 48 hours of contacting Trunki, i was holding a replacement cover (the cover comes off the hard shell). It has yet to be tested but Trunki's customer service is spot on, fast, helpful and very pleasant to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 18 Jan. 2014
This is one of the best buys I have ever made online. My grandson loves it. It's so convenient when picking him up in the car, or if he and his mum are going out but being picked up by car later. It holds a change of clothes, favourite toys and other things important to a 3 year old. Slings over a shoulder for easy carrying and doesn't take up much rom when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for travelling, 5 Sept. 2011
Great product -ideal for plane journeys . Enough room to pack all you need for the flight and solves the problem of car seats on arrival whether you are renting a car or being collected by grandparents etc

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 26 Feb. 2011
so far had no problems with it and its well used. its just a little bit heavy but needs to be as its like a shell so u can keep ur stuff in when used as a car seat. Trunki BoostApak Travel Pack Booster Seat

5.0 out of 5 stars So so useful, 23 Sept. 2014
S Miller "sophie_on_a_stick" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
So useful. Can be hand luggage, but took it on an airline that allow you to take car seats as extra so was perfect for that. My daughter loves it and it is so handy to sling in the boot of the car or lend to family members who pick her up from childcare. It was the same cost to buy this as it would have been to hire a car seat for the week on holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab seat!, 1 July 2010
The trunki boostApak is fantastic. We bought it to take on holiday, as this was cheaper than hiring a seat for the duration from the hire car company. It's already been worth it's weight in gold before we've taken it on the 'plane. Our daughter uses it to go home with friends from school. The back pack carries her change of clothes and stuff and yet is easy enough for her to put on her back and change to a booster seat in a friend's car, and she's age 5. When friends come home with us we've got an extra seat ready (that doesn't take up too much space when not in use) and they all argue over whose turn it is to use the boostApak. Popular all round!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 July 2012
We now have two of these, I was waiting for my youngest to reach the right weight. One green, one pink. We can now travel by plane without a massive Britax car seat for the hire car at the other end. Hurraaaaaaaaah!!
It is quite heavy on its own (that's because you want it to be sturdy), and since you probably don't expect a very little one to carry your allowed 7kg of hand luggage in there, you might be happy to know that although it's not massive, snacks, a few colouring books and beloved comforters and a water bottle will definitely find their spot in there.
The mesh pocket inside could do with being a single pocket, not a skinny one you can only keep the instructions in and a larger one. The instructions could be printed onto the fabric itself, on the opposite side, save the trees, people, save the trees!
The mesh on the inside of the straps do prevent the bag from slipping, however, it is painful when the children are wearing tank tops, and to be honest, when you're traveling and the kids start kicking up a fuss about that when you're already carrying the equivalent of a 49ft container in your hand luggage, you have your laptop bag over your shoulder, your boarding passes and passports between your teeth, your handbag around your neck, and the security guys ask you to remove your shoes, and stick your electronics in the tray for the scanner, you may want to curse at those lovely Trunky people... But then you remember what it was like to get a Britax birth to 18kg seat THROUGH the scanner itself, and you're ready to hang those Boostapaks around your big toe instead of telling the kids to JUST GET ON WITH IT!!

Do get one. It's a great thing to have.

Edit: one year on a strap broke. I had to sew it back on, do watch out. Still love them!

2.0 out of 5 stars great idea,poor quality, 2 Dec. 2010
Its a great idea, but the first time my granson carried in the airport one of the straps came off.The other one came off when we got to barcelona airport. The straps hold for 3 hours. Now we dont have a backpack, just a booster seat, not what we paid for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with prompt delivery, 26 Feb. 2015
Very pleased with prompt delivery, especially as we live in Spain. I have had a tunki boostapak for my now 7 year old for over 3 years now, so knew what I was buying.
I ordered two more for my 4 year old twins. The backpack is a bit heavy for a 4 year old to carry, so keep in mind you will need to have a spare hand/shoulder going through airports to carry this for your child. Once my eldest started approaching age 6, he was able to comfortably carry it himself through an airport, with some colouring and nintendo in it too. Guess it depends on the size of your child though.