4.0 out of 5 stars Exc Value
I bought this for my elderly inlaws so that when they are having hospital, dentist appointments etc they can call a taxi or arrange transport. It is perfect and very good value for money.
Published on 31 May 2010 by J. Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment twice over
I am afraid that so much promise from this item turned into disappointment. Although it looked as though it would be the ideal mobile for my elderly and infirm mother, neither of the two models we tried functioned properly out of the box. I suppose it just proves the old adage that "You get what you pay for."

The first phone was black and looked quite neat, but...
Published on 4 Dec 2010 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Exc Value, 31 May 2010
J. Taylor "lulubel" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TTfone Mercury TT002 - Big Button Easy to use Senior Mobile Phone with SOS button and large easy to read display - Black (Electronics)
However just one little niggle-it is quite clear that this is an import from probably S.E.Asia and the instructions that came with it are not much use.The fact that they are written in very,very small print doesn't help either.(considering it is a 'Big Button' phone for the older person who has difficulty reading a normal mobiles' numbers)I had difficulty myself reading the instructions as did my daughter. I had to print out an 'instruction' sheet for my inlaws in case they needed to change or add anything.
I suggest that the retailers might take this on board in future. Not all older citizens have someone who can sort that out for them.
That aside it does what it says-a perfect mobile for the older generation who are not into gizmos and gadgets!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment twice over, 4 Dec 2010

The first phone was black and looked quite neat, but there was a fault with the charger and it refused to charge. The second model was silver and appeared to charge properly, but when a SIM card was inserted, none of the keys would function. Now, my mum is old and her attempts to join the 21st century are a marvel to us, but problems like this can be very off-putting to the older person at whom this phone is aimed.

Please will someone produce a phone for the elderly that actually works out of the box first time and is reasonably priced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a love affair, 20 Sep 2010
Ian Marchant (Presteigne, Powys) - See all my reviews
I love my Senior Phone, but I only give it four stars, because, like a real love affair, it has its moments.
What do I love? I can see the buttons. I'm 52, short-sighted and increasingly long-sighted too, so I need two pairs of specs. The tiny buttons on the more usual phones were next to useless.
It doesn't have millions of functions. It calls, and it texts. This is cool, as I have a camera, and I don't believe in MP3 players for writers.
It is simple to use. You just press the big buttons, and presto! The menus are easy to understand, and I can read txts without swopping glasses.
I can hear it when it rings. So can people in the next country.
It looks oddly hip. People gather round and want to look at it. It isn't branded. I like unbranded things on principle. I have no idea at all who made the thing, and I advertise it because it's good, not because it's covered in logos.
I've even used the torch thingy, and it's easy to lock the keyboard, because there's a switch on the side.
But, the radio doesn't want to work, the SOS function apparently doesn't work at all, and the instructions were written in teeny tiny writing, which is a bit dumb for those with less than perfect eyesight. But at the price, you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Button Mobile Phone, 22 Nov 2010
N. E. Williamson "Norker" (Ludlow, England.) - See all my reviews
All fantastic. My research for such a wanted mobile phone found this item exactly what I wanted. (ie. being 70 years of age with failing eyesight and hearing.) This phone having only what was needed for me without gimmicks. The service was excellent with the phone being dispatched and received within the stipulated time stated. The phone was easy to set up and the instructions supplied were explicit allbeit that I had read reviews saying otherwise! In fact it is suffice to say that the best part of this review is to come by saying that the use of this phone is very easy and I love it. All in all one very satisfied customer and I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone in my present situation or infact anyone who only need a phone for calls and texting. Also, the price was very reasonable as well with no added postage costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for me., 7 July 2010
I have been looking for a phone that I can use as I have a hearing problem and can't see small buttons properly. This is ideal. I could actually hear when I used the phone inside a large shop. The ring tone is nice and loud as well.
My wife set it up for me as I am a bit useless with technology and even she found it difficult to read the page of instructions showing what was what on the phone. The writing was so very tiny. Love the way it says welcome. It sounds like 'Rockabye' but is probably Chinese for welcome. The only small downside is that the radio can only be used outside. The reception isn't very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Senior Mobile phone, 20 Sep 2011
I ordered this phone which was delivered in 4days, excellent in my view. the set up was very easy,

Transferred my old sim card to this phone. No problem, Charged phone, worked straight away.

The instruction book was in English easy to understand.
On previous reviews others have written they couldn't understand the Instructions.

as it was not in english.
All i can say is Purchase the phone from this company. I'm 73years young and found it was No problem to set up. I only need a straight forward phone.

without all these so call extra things. I am really pleased with it and like most people my age need it more for that odd call etc.

the large numbers are really helpful plus the charging can be done via mains or USB connection. Volume control button on the side plus a torch button.

I would add its the phone of my choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Button Phone, 5 Sep 2011
I brought this phone for my Mum (78). It is not easy for me to use let alone her. The instructions for setting up are not clear, adding contacts, finding contacts even making a call is not easy or straight forward. Would not recomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Senior Mobile Phone, 19 Jan 2011
Mrs. G. Martin (Abingdon, UK) - See all my reviews
I was very disappointed when the mobile arrived to find all the instructions were in Chinese. I wrote a review to this effect. This must have been picked up by the sellers who have now sent me a downloaded Manual of 35 pages!! translated into English. Their accompanying letter was so polite and apologetic that I felt I had to re-write my review and change the rating to 5 stars now. No-one could have worked harder to satisfy my complaint. Thank you - it's much appreciated.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big button phone, 4 Nov 2010
Big Button Easy to use Senior Mobile Phone - with FM radio and Torch function - SOS button and large easy to read display

This was brought for my husband who has hands like 2 dustbin lids! The phone is ok for our needs. I did have some trouble setting it up. its 12 hours ahead of its self and if I try to change it the date etc changes as well. Still he is happy 12 hours on and date set at 2020.The other thing is that it talks to you when out shopping, ie. 1 o'clock etc. So lots of fun until our children can change the dates etc.
Yes i would buy this again it does make us laugh.
Down side is the instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Senior Mobile, 5 Oct 2010
I bought this for an elderly gentleman and he is pleased to find how easy it is to use. Simple, easy to use and does all he needs without the fancy gadgets. He doesn't even need to use his specs. Its that good. If all you want from a mobile phone is text and calls, or you find other makes to fiddly - get this one!

ARRAY(0xb0f71a74)