5.0 out of 5 stars Important: Leak or not leaky = solved.
I wanted a water bottle that I can use for both taking to the gym and also the office, therefore it had to be leak proof to withstand both scenarios. If you're like me and you're worried about some reviewers saying it leaks whilst others seem to have no problem, then do not worry and go ahead and buy this bottle.

The first bottle I ordered arrived and I did my...
Published 16 months ago by F. Hatch

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but leaks
Have had this bottle for over 6 months now and really like the design, I have had lots of compliments about it, but the major flaw is that it leaks.

Pros:
Wide spout so you can have a proper drink
Can fill the bottle through the spout at water fountains rather than having to get the whole lid off
The top screws off completely so you can put ice...
Published on 17 Oct. 2012 by MissK

5.0 out of 5 stars Important: Leak or not leaky = solved., 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle Grey Future Insights (Kitchen & Home)

The first bottle I ordered arrived and I did my first test where I filled it with water and turned it on its side, shook it a bit and then left it on it's side for about 2 hours. It leaked about a tablespoon of water. The second test I did was to take it in my backpack to the gym, of which it leaked again in my backpack (was not in a fixed compartment). I was disappointed but remembered one reviewer mentioning she ordered a replacement which did not leak. So I reported the bottle as faulty and asked for a replacement.

The second bottle I did the same test (whilst repeating the tests on the old bottle at the same time in order to compare). However, not only did the second bottle not leak, but the first bottle was no longer leaking. I took the second bottle to the gym and I'm happy to say that it withstood any shakes from walking and functioned perfectly as a sports bottle.

As a result I took another look at the first bottle and I have come to the following conclusion. Both bottles work perfectly, however, you need to close both lids tightly. You might think this is obvious, but I mean you need to really close the lids as strong as possible. I believe the other reviewers that reported leaks, did not tightly seal either the top lid or the main opening lid.

In conclusion, I'm happy with my bottle, I've taken it to the gym and to work a few times now and no leaking. The opening is great to drink from; you don't have to suck from the bottle and also this means you don't make loud bottle noises when the air gets sucked back in.

I would recommend to friends. If you're concerned, just buy it from amazon and test it yourself, if it does leak then return it as faulty, but before you do, make sure the leads are as tightly sealed as possible and then test it again before you return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and performs well, 22 Feb. 2015
CycleRacing (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
These Aladdin Aveo bottles are absolutely brilliant - we have quite a few of them and use them an awful lot.

This particular size is the larger bottle which they produce, taking 600 ml. It is a very good size for longer days out or going to exercise in the gym etc.

The lid on these bottles is quite secure, and I have never had a problem with leakage in my bag.

The y are BPA free which many of the cheaper bottles we used to purchase are not. I seem to be hearing more and more about the importance of being BPA free these days and the fact that these are makes me more comfortable allowing my young children to use these bottles. My three year old takes one into nursery with her and really likes it. These bottles also survive being dropped quite regularly - we have only had one breakage which I find amazing considering how much we use these bottles.

The spout on the bottle is easy and comfortable to drink from. There is also a carry loop on the bottle. I've never seen the need for this!

The bottles are dishwasher safe and are therefore hygienic.

Overall, I'm very pleased with both how these bottles look (they are a nice design) and their performance.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS WATER BOTTLE!, 23 Dec. 2013
Did I mention that I love this water bottle? I wanted a water bottle for my desk at work as I always noticed how much more water I drink when I can do so out of my own cistern. Initially I thought I might prefer a glass water bottle, having had experience drinking from one while I was temping at another company. However, while I loved that the water didn't have an aftertaste with the glass bottle, I knew that with my clumsy self, before long I would look like an idiot at work by sending my glass water bottle shattering all over the floor of the office.

So, I was determined to find a water bottle that fit in with my clumsy lifestyle but still gave me the flavourless flavour I have come to crave in water. When I happened upon this badboy, I knew I'd hit the jackpot.

The water bottle is long and thin with a gorgeous pattern on it that makes the water look oh so purdy! I also get no yucky aftertaste - score! I like the wide opening for drinking as you get a proper mouthful, like others have said. Additionally, it doesn't leak. Even when I'm too lazy to wash it out before the weekend and just throw it in my draw with water still in it - I come back to work on Monday and that important quarterly report that acted as a bed for my bottle is still dry as a bone!

The only negative is the strap, I think. It's not detachable, which makes me think in time it will get rather grotty if it gets wet from washing. I am super careful with it, however, so thus far I have been able to avoid getting it wet in the sink, thus this potential negative has not been enough to make me drop my review down a star.

I cannot recommend it more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Aug. 2014
must dash cash stash (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Not the cheapest water bottle out there ( we have all seen them in the pound shop!!) But it is by far superior.
No plastic taste to your drink.
No leaks ( for me but others have suffered this according to their reviews)
Nice clean spout to drink from ( protected from dirt by the screw top)
Dishwasher friendly
Freezer friendly ( I half fill and freeze over night so it acts as a giant ice cube)
Fits in my bike bottle holder ( the top stops the mud splashing up from getting on the mouth piece, which is important to me)

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but leaks, 17 Oct. 2012

Pros:
Wide spout so you can have a proper drink
The top screws off completely so you can put ice cubes in if you want a very cold drink
Bottle is very sturdy, been thrown into various bags and rolled around the floor of my car a few times and it stills looks good as new
No funny taste to liquids put into the bottle

Cons:
LEAKS - Sometimes when you drink from the bottle it drips on you and I have had it in my handbag where it has slowly leaked over everything. I have tried putting less water in it and this doesn't seem to make a difference.
The handle is a bit useless

It may well just be mine that leaks, so as such it is fine for sitting on a desk but not really for travelling - which is kind of the point of a water bottle so I'm now going to have to buy another which is a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it's good, 22 Jun. 2014
A. Pinto (Exeter, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The wife loves it. And if the wife loves it, it's because it's good, as the wife always knows better and that shouldn't require any explanation :). So, 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty & durable, 19 May 2014
Ms. J. Palin "J" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
Quick delivery from this seller.

I use my own filtered water jug so was re-using old plastic water bottles. They shouldn't be reused and even state on the bottles so I needed an alternate. there are a couple of glass bottle containers out there I was more keen on getting to be honest - completely plastic free - but £10 + to get a bottle that will probably last me about 2 days after all I am like the female Frank Spencer (clumsy for those too young to know).

I also wanted a container I could carry that wouldn't be too bulky when attempting to jog/walk at a fast pace.

Anyhoo I have dropped this from certain height by accident and was expecting the impact to damage this but not a scratch was had. It is a little skinnier than your average 500 ml water bottle but obviously it is taller (this holds 600 ml) but I have no problem with this. As mentioned it has a handle but I find this helpful to refrain from dropping it (again).

Would highly recommend this product and would buy again no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aladdin 0.6 Litre Water Bottle, 10 Dec. 2012
What can I say about a water bottle? There's not much to it, but it's a great design (others have openly commented on the bottle in public, and bare in mind, this is a water bottle!), doesn't leave your water with the 'plastic-y' taste and 0.6litres is a good size for your average day. I bought this for my partner as she's somewhat prone to spilling (read: clumsy) and this is a great bottle for her.

The neck detatches into two pieces, one to drink from and one for filling. The neck is really wide for filling up so makes it easy, and the spout to drink from is wide enough that you aren't going to struggle drinking from it. The body is plastic but very hard wearing, and has survived the drop test several times.

The only flaw is that due to the size of the drinking spout, if you were to knock this over without the lid on, prepare for everything to get soaked very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jun. 2013
Strange that a water bottle seems such a simple idea but so many of them out there have proved to be so poorly designed - but this ticks all the boxes. No leakage as yet, no artificial taste, nice design, easy to drink from, sensible size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Water Bottle, 21 Feb. 2014
Nadia (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this almost a year ago (back when the price was a mere £5.99 and it is still going strong! I've never had a problem with leaks and although I'm sure I've dropped it a few times, it shows minimal sign of damage. It has definitely encouraged me to drink more water at uni, and I no longer have to keep buying water bottles so I know I'm doing the environment a favour too. The only downside might be the size, but I find that as long as I'm not carrying more than a notepad or laptop and pencil case, it fits well inside my bag. I've also gotten several comments and questions from people asking me where I got it from and also bought the smaller version for my grandmother to take when she goes to her classes. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a BPA free bottle!