on 20 February 2013
I was really disappointed to receive the item and discover that it doesn't shut properly. It will keep my bobbins tidy - but not secure. I just hope I never drop it, or knock it it any way or everything will tumble out.
on 4 August 2012
Although this does keep your bobbins tidy - the box does not click shut - the lid just goes down - although they do have a bit stickingo out that looks like it will click shut - but in their wisdom they did not think to make that a reality!
So if you happen to drop it or it tips up - the lid flips open and ALL your bobbins will Tumble out!
But the box is very sturdy a good quality plastic - so WHY on earth didn't they make it so it would click shut?? Daft!
on 10 October 2012
It is small, compact and does exactly what it says it will. The bobbins fit it perfectly. My only complaint is that the closure does not 'click' in place, so you have to be careful when picking it up as you might turn it so that the contents spill out. This is not a problem for me because of where I store the bobbin box, but might be for others.
on 21 December 2011
First of all, a BIG THANK YOU to the company itself for a FAST SHIPPING SERVICE! Am so delighted. The price is reasonable compared to the ones on ebay, which is far more expensive!!! The size is just right for my sewing box too. My thread is more organised and not tangled up. If you have a fast growing thread set, it is best that you buy the above item to manage your bobbins. I will be back for more in future. A definite 5 stars!
on 18 May 2013
Really bad quality, doesn't have a clip I had to put a rubber bad around to keep it closed, all my bombings kept falling in the floor when handling it, advice don't buy it
on 22 May 2013
This little box is made from hard, clear perspex with a plastic insert with curved indentations for 25 bobbins.

It's a bit like one of those old Ferrero Rocher boxes (only smaller!) It measures 12cm x 9.5cm x 3cm (approx).

The lid has little bypass nibs on (like a purse closure) to keep the lid shut. Other reviews said this doesn't work - mine does. I can hold the box in my hand, give it a really good shake and the lid doesn't come open and the bobbins don't fall out.

The bobbins are held securely inside, presented like a layer of chocolates in a box. I doubt it'll last forever, but I expect to get my money's worth from it.

I like it!
on 23 March 2014
This s a really good and sturdy storage box for bobbins - Although mine was damaged slightly in the post [a couple of small cracks in the lid] it is still very good and I will be buying another so that I can store most of my 55 bobbins neatly and safely
on 12 July 2011
Never lose a bobbin again, I kept finding tangled bobbins in funny places all over my sewing box this keeps them all together and tidies them away. Fab thing to have in your sewing box. Excellent!
on 8 May 2012
Perfect answer to keeping bobbins easily accessible and tidy. Made out of strong clear plastic and it isnt fiddly to remove the individual bobbins.
on 9 December 2012
I bought this bobbin box after reading all the reviews. The only complaint I read about was that it didn't close tightly.
This is true but I do not like these type of boxes that close tightly because sometimes they do not open easily and then everything flies out and falls on the floor. For me not closing tightly is unimportant.

This is exactly what I wanted. My bobbins are now all neat and tidy and do not mess up the sewing drawer they are in. I would definitely recommend this box to anybody who wants to keep their bobbins in order. My local sewing shops sells these at four times the price so this is a real bargain.