5.0 out of 5 stars This girl can shred..
Orianthi is a breath of fresh air. She can sing.. she can play guitar (fantastic guitar player).
The songs have a pop/rock feel to them.
This cd has an awesome cover of 'Missing You' on it and i have to say I now prefer Orianthi's version to the original.
Such a talented artist.
A must-have album in my opinion.
Published on 6 July 2010 by Lady Lizzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Believe by Orianthi
Published on 15 April 2010 by Mr. P. C. Goldsmith

5.0 out of 5 stars This girl can shred.., 6 July 2010
This review is from: Believe II (Audio CD)
The songs have a pop/rock feel to them.
Such a talented artist.
A must-have album in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars The really great show it from the start, 24 Mar 2010
David Doidge "Dadnet" (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I was scrolling through the in-flight movies on a flight from Singapore to Melbourne when I came across Michael Jacksons "This is it" and thought "why not". Half way through "Beat it" I suddenly paid very close attention to this diminutive blonde girl laying down this absolutely stunning solo that both laid bare the intimate structure of Eddie Van Halen's famous work, and displayed an amazing level of control and feel.
All of this is to say that Orianthi can really play guitar. She has the familiarity with the instrument that tells you that she is going to be one of the worlds top guitarists.
Now to do that she has to make her name, get experience, sell records. This is a pop records with a really, really good guitarist playing on it, which lifts it up from its genre. Plus she can write pretty good songs. I bought this record, I like it and am looking forward to it being the beginning of a large collection of Orianthi's work.
Believe

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear, 20 Nov 2009
J. Caddis (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
Got to agree with James above, what a breath of fresh air, and unlike some of the so called heavy metal screams from todays so called artists, this lady can sing and more to the point I can hear and understand every word rather than the vocals being drowned out by an overdriven heavily distorted guitarist. And they are addictive. Her guitar skills were never in doubt, a well mixed album to be enjoyed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Believe by Orianthi, 15 April 2010
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
this is a very poppy album which is alright as far as it goes. There is quite alot of 'young woman angst' in many of the lyrics e.g. being let down and not understood by men! I was hoping to hear more of her exceptional guitar playing, some of her blues solos are pretty awesome. However you only get glimpses of this. Orianthi evidently was chosen by Michael Jackson to be his guitar player on the tour that never happened. Poor Orianthi talk about missing out on a mega career break. If she wants a cuddle and sympathy i am here for her!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Knows what she is doing, 10 Dec 2009
P. Harris (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
Orianthi is talent personified and she really knows what she is doing. Michael Jackson is no fool and he had the pick of the bunch when it came to choosing his guitarist - you can certainly see why he selected Orianthi. If driving/shredding rock guitar and personable [does not have to be perfect - what is perfect?, who is perfect?] vocals are to your liking, buy BELIEVE and listen to the magic of Orianthi Panagaris.

4.0 out of 5 stars Guitargodess on the rise, 25 Oct 2009
Bodhi Heeren (Copenhagen) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
Imagine The Bangles, Joan Jett or Wendy & Lisa with a stellar leadguitarist who knows how to shred in an intelligent way. And you pretty much gets the idea of what to expect from this new star. Risen to stardom of course through her association with Michael Jackson.

A serious student of the guitar who has jammed with Carlos Santana and been endorsed by the likes of Steve Vai, she sparkles each song with some really interesting and varied soloing. Her vocal and songwriting skills are also considerable, although a certain lack of originality might be her weak spot. But all in all a very strong set of poprock songs dealing with....romantic troubles seen from a feminine/feministic perspective.

This album is definitely aimed more at a younger poporiented audience and not at ageing hippies like myself. Which shall not keep me from giving her my heartfelt kudos.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good as Violet Journey., 14 July 2010
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I bought this after the excellent Violet journey album.
I was disappointed in the change from Violet Journey,it sounds like Avril Lavigne on steroids,mostly,a noisy pop sounding album.
I actually gave it away,maybe that was premature........

I feel she has been influenced by US producers on this album to her detriment to make a commercial record,which is hiding her real ability.
It feels hurried and like one long pop song.
Orianthi is an incredible guitar player composer and a decent singer too.
She is quite capable of producing her own album like she did with Violet journey.

I hope if you are reading this Orianthi,you wont be offended,this is constructive criticism,and you will get back to basics take your time and produce another amazing well thought out album like Violet Journey.

"Lights of Manos" is heavenly, unbelievably beautiful composition from your heart.
I feel it will become a classic,indeed the whole album will.
You have incredable talent,within you lies the Ocean of infinite inspiration.
I play PRS guitar too,but am nowhere near your ability,mostly due to advancing years and Arthritis.
But you inspire me nontheless.
Good luck to you,please make a DVD album soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Orianthi, 3 May 2010
S. Bishopp - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
Orianthi is a really good female Lead Guitarist simalar to Joan Jett. She was with Michael Jackson as his Guitarist. Album Believe is top class, This girl and her group are going to be real stars. She has everything going for her. Rock Songs and looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Music!, 2 Dec 2009
Darren Parkes "parkes" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
A fantastic cd, well worth it & she is someone to look out for - Well Talented.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Shop Of Ori's, 6 Feb 2010
Andy (Retford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I don't want to ramble on reiterating the overview of Orianthi that I left on my review of Violet Journey (10 Tracks) Aust Excl, and, if you've visited the reviews of that album before this one, you may have noticed my unreserved enthusiasm for it.

I ordered both albums at the same time, but Violet Journey arrived well before this one, giving it a two week head start into my affections. Consequently, by the time this one arrived my expectations had been well and truly lifted.

When I was trying to decide on a star rating for this album, four stars seemed too high, but in the same way, three seemed unfairly low. It is a case of trying to balance Orianthi's gargantuan talent with songs on this album, some of which cater for the commercial pop-rock market just too much for me, and my, slightly older, tastes. After enjoying the first album so much, I was stunned to find that the first four tracks on this one were a disappointment.

However, the title track Believe, my personal favourite Feels Like Home with it's incredibly Santana-esque fretwork, the bluesy Untogether, down-tempo Drive away, and the touching and sentimental God Only Knows, rescue the album from the ignominy of a much lower score.

I would never tell anyone not to buy this album, after all Orianthi is an amazing talent on guitar, vocals and songwriting, I just preferred the more naked feel to Violet Journey rather than the commercialized pop-rock fireworks on this one.

Save yourself the stress of deciding, just buy both.

Believe II
Believe II by Orianthi (Audio CD - 2010)