5.0 out of 5 stars What is it they say about 'a bad workman...'?!
Published 10 months ago by Hermes Love

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for choice
Extra game for kids to play. It work well so far and no complain from kids.
I will recemmend this product.
Published 16 months ago by mart

5.0 out of 5 stars What is it they say about 'a bad workman...'?!, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
I have just spent an afternoon systematically working through the games on here in the company of my two little relatives (aged 8 and 5) and, while it is undoubtedly entertaining and well worth the price I paid for it as far as they are concerned, I think it's a complete load of rubbish. I'm technically still sulking actually, so rubbish did I find it. I mean, for me to be so soundly thrashed in every single one of these twenty games by two little children who barely even broke into a sweat must surely mean the whole product is flawed, mustn't it? Mustn't it?!

The twenty games that practically fought each other for the right to take me on and utterly humiliate me are as follows;

1. Air Hockey
2. Alley Ball
3. Beanbag Noughts and Crosses
4. Bowling
5. Box Maze
6. Cards (War and Snap)
7. Chinese Chequers
8. Dodgeball
9. Darts (301, 501 and Cricket)
10. Dustbin Basketball
11. Flying Disc
12. Gorodki (a Russian cross between skittles and horseshoes, apparently)
13. Hillbilly Golf
14. Ring Toss
15. Peg
16. Rubber Band Sharpshooting
17. Smack-A-Squirrel
18. Table Football
19. Table Hockey
20. Table Tennis

Were I not sitting here sulking (if, say, I had managed to trounce all-comers in each of these twenty activities) I would have been the first one to admit that the games are fun and the graphics are excellent. Had I won anything whatsoever, I would have gladly said how easy it is to actually play the games. Well, it must be fairly easy, because my two little friends managed quite nicely. Quite why I found it so difficult is a mystery. I was tired, maybe that's it.

Some of the games on here do require the Nunchuk, although just because I know the technical term for that little gizmo does not mean I know how to wield it effectively in any meaningful way whatsoever. Ah, maybe my one was broken! Yes, maybe THAT is why my little Nintendo opponents so effortlessly wiped the floor with me? Or maybe, being a gentleman, I was trying to let them win. On some sort of deep subconscious level, I mean... and not any of the ones that are sulking here with me, positively spitting feathers.

Something calling itself the 'Wii MotionPlus' is apparently supported by a number of these games. I wouldn't know what one of those is, even if I fell over it, so I must just assume that to be true.

All the games can be played either in 'Single Player' or 'Multiplayer' mode and you can change the in-game language to English, French, Spanish, German or Italian. My own in-game language was rather more colourful than any of that lot although, mindful of the young age of my opponents, I did remember to mutter it all under my breath. My favourite games would probably have been Air Hockey (if I hadn't kept shooting myself in the foot by inexplicably scoring own-goals at ever possible opportunity) and Rubber Band Sharpshooting (except I couldn't even shoot myself in the foot in that game - nor could I have hit a barn door). The most complicated game for me was most definitely Darts. Trying to works the Wii Remote AND do maths? Not on your nelly.

I ought to give this one star you know, just for pure spite. But I can't. Because, as much as I know this is going to make me look technologically inept and a thoroughly bad loser, this is a very entertaining way to spend an afternoon. Well, if you happen to be 8 and 5 it is, anyway...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
This game is so fun my grand children enjoy playing it when they come arround fun for all the family

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Family game!, 15 Jun 2010
C. spring (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
This is a great game for all the family, recommeded.
Great value with 20 games for the price of one ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
if u want a laugh this game will give it, not a bad price either so good alrounder for family fun

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for choice, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
Extra game for kids to play. It work well so far and no complain from kids.
I will recemmend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars wii game, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this for my daughter for her birthday great bargain & works ok, she loves it & great choice of games

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for kids, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
Bought it for my kids (8,10 years old). Played with us parentes and with friends.
No violance, lots of fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and variety, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
Good for everyone in the family. You can choose characters to play against. The games and characters are fairly basic, but you don't need any gaming skills to join in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 30 Dec 2010
Andrew Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Great Party Games (Wii) (Video Game)
Bought this for the family for xmas 2010 .
OMG shocking ,the games are bad and it looks dated .
Not wii graphix more like spectrum .

Great Party Games (Wii)
Great Party Games (Wii) by OG International (Nintendo Wii)
16.62