4.0 out of 5 stars A mostly great DAB radio
I'll start by saying that I like this radio. I needed a new radio to replace my aging FM set and looked at the specs and reviews of many makes and models. I eventually narrowed my search down to Pure and then just needed to select which model. I quite liked the look of the Evoke Flow but it sounded (to me) to have a little too much bass and seemed quite expensive for a...
Published on 5 Nov 2010 by Big F

3.0 out of 5 stars Pure Elan II
Pro's - Great DAB radio at a resonable price. Nice design and finish, best of all a great sound with seperate bass and treble controls. Clear display, simple to use, auxilary input for your MP3 etc if required, battery or mains powered.

Cons - Perhaps I've been unlucky, but the first of these great radios I received stopped playing after a couple of days...
Published on 1 Mar 2011 by Parsley

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh this is good!, 19 May 2011
Mr. Warren Gill (Guildford, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is my first foray into the world of DAB & all I can say is this is a lovely medium sized radio, the sound quality from it on both DAB & FM is great!

It's powered by a small mains adaptor, which I was a bit worried about after reading about other PURE units which have whistling & noisy PSUs, this one is definitely silent!

Popped the charge pak into the back, switched on & waited for about 1 minute for the initial scan of DAB channels & got about 40 or so for my area, which is good, the FM scan is a little bit slower than DAB, but still perfectly acceptable & the stations are easily stored with a 5 second press of the preset button of your choice.

It's quiet expensive, but I'm very happy with the unit so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Elan11 DAB Radio, 16 April 2011
Nice package - great sound,neat easy to use design,lightweight (without batteries) and a bonus of being able to re-wind a broadcast to review it or fill in any missed bits.

Unfortunately the unit that I bought lasted just over 2 weeks before the lcd display turned itself off and never popped back to say hello !

My experience may be a one-off - but I'd have expected better from a brand like PURE.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but with faults ., 16 Aug 2010
Thomas N. Tyrer (North west UK) - See all my reviews
The general quality of this product is good and it seems well made . However , sound quality is no better , if as good as FM .
Worst fault is battery life . With standard batteries life is barely 3 hours . This is simply not an option . There is a rechargeable battery available that should last longer but it costs 30 and according to feedback , it has a life of less than 2 years before it needs replacing ~ An expensive excercise . If you need a radio for use just on the mains in the home , its fine but for portable use , forget it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great radio, 7 Jan 2010
A. Morgan - See all my reviews
Can't fault this radio - lovely clear sound on FM and DAB, easy preset tuning, and the ability to ReVu is surprisingly useful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pure Elan 2, 29 July 2012
Lurch (UK,Portugal,Channel Islands,Over there---->) - See all my reviews
Underpowered speakers so don't expect to use it above 50% on the volume setting. Bass & Treble seem to deteriorate sound quality. Disappointed with it's ability to find and hold stations compared to an old Roberts dab alarm with a grotty wire aerial. Having paid enough for the radio having to pay nearly as much for a charge-pak was an insult.

Needs more ooomph and reliability plus, as some other reviewers have said it freezes up from time to time.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, 26 May 2011
I've had this for a couple of months and am very happy with it.
it kicks a out an impressive volume and very nice sound quality.
Instructions, menus and functions are easily grasped.. all very intuitive
and its a stylish little number.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value useful radio, 21 Mar 2011
This radio is very nicely designed, compact and with a nice "soft feel" to its matt black plastic case. Tone is reasonable (and adjustable) for its size, and it is very easy to set up and tune. Mostly used on DAB - I have previously had difficulty with DAB tuning - but this radio tunes all the stations with precision. Only once has there been any signal problem but that was immediately resolved by the radio re-tuning automatically. Very impressed with its ability to receive so much in any postion in the house and also in another distant location. I use this with the battery pack which is a useful and convenient accessory - fully charged it lasts a few days without power, - I suspect that using normal batteries, the radio might consume them quite fast. Useful additional features are a headphone socket and a line in socket so that ipods etc can also be played through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Radio, 27 Feb 2011
This is a great radio, well made with quality materials, really good sound especialy for music, clear as a bell and very good reception for DAB stations. Can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Feb 2011
I was fed up with the problems I was experiencing with my previous Pure Evoke. I could not get Classic FM as it would crackle within 5mns. I thought it was an issue of reception initially, but my neighbour had no problem. So I opted for this after reading reviews and it is absolutely brilliant. It is also "good looking" in my kitchen recently refurbished with the fashionable black marble effect worktop. Ticks all the boxes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great radio but......., 20 Jun 2011
I bought this radio despite reading the reviews of some unreliability on Amazon. My radio arrived Saturday and I was very happy with it and would have given it a 5 star rating. But by Monday morning the screen had gone blank. I read the manual, nothing. I called Pure and was directed to leave a voicemail or email my issues. I did both. In return I was informed someone would get back to me within 48 hours but in the meantime I should logon to the FAQs on their support website. No option to hold for a person to talk to. Very disappointing support system from Pure as waiting 48 hours to me is unacceptable. Remembering the reviews on Amazon I began to read to see if they could be any help. I found a reviewer who had the same issue and simply unplugged the mains and plugged it back in to cure the problem. I followed this advice and it worked.
I'm in total agreement with previous reviewer. 1) why should this fault occur in the first place, Pure have made radios for years this fault is obviously widespread and should not be happening and 2) why if this is a recurring fault is there nothing on the FAQs to advise the very simple cure.

Hopefully I wont have to unplug and plug in on a regular basis, time will tell. I'm not inclined to return it as at the end of the day its a lovely looking and sounding radio with very intuitive controls and actually the fault appears to have a very simple cure. But if you do buy bear in mind you may have a set with this problem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›