4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable upgrade for older Macs, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
I run an older (2008) Macbook pro and needed to upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 in order to download ILife 11 from the app store.

The product arrived promptly and installation was straightforward, taking about 30 minutes.

I am not technically sophisticated and I have not really noticed much difference following installation other than Snow Leopard has given me access to the app store (essential these days) and my Mac seems to respond faster than before.

MacExpress sent me an email reminding me that there have been recent security updates and advising me to run a software update. They also asked me to confirm my satisfaction with the order and offered some free tech support in return for feedback. I have no problem with that, the product was exactly what I needed, arrived promptly and the service received from MacExpress was exemplary.

My reasoning for 4 stars rather than 5 is that VAT was not deducted even though I am resident in the Channel Islands where VAT is not applicable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
Arrived quicker than expected with speedy contact offering back-up services if required. Can't ask more than that so highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
it was everything it was supposed to be i have nothing bad to say about it the price was ok too

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, 2 May 2013
A. Ward (ST ALBANS Herts. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
Speedy delivery. Loaded easily and quickly, Apple updates followed. What more could one ask? It was reassuring to have the disc.
It has transformed my Mac

4.0 out of 5 stars 10.6.3 upgrade, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
As ever this is an excellent Apple product and was delivered promptly and in perfect condition. It installed faultlessly and within the specified time.

4.0 out of 5 stars All Good, 15 April 2013
adrian capps (london, england United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
What can I say - only that it will keep an old Mac going for another year, some new features and still compatible with a lot of the new browsers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
Did exactly what I wanted, very quick and easy and reasonable price. I was also able to pass the disc on to my daughter to upgrade her comp.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest operating system of all time, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
Snow Leopard is a polished and speedier version of Leopard which was already a great operating system in it's own right.
Snow Leopard is rock solid - no freezes, no hangs and no dramas - it just works they way you want it to which is why nearly a third of Mac users are using this software - more than the proportion of users running Lion.
Apple are still updating it with security patches every month or so. Apple's dilemma is they made something so good they gave themselves a problem trying to improve upon it - Mountain Lion ticked a lot of boxes but has drawn some criticism about its look and feel.
All in all about as perfect as you can get for an operating system - you can't go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMEND for Upgrade of 2009 mini mac Leopard Mac OS 10.5.8, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
I have mini mac mac from 2009, leopard Mac OS X 10.5.8. My brother had brought me the new Apple Trackpad for christmas (about £80) but it requires the minimum operating system of Mac OS X 10.6.3. Installed the above upgrade, which unlike Windows, was easy and had no problems. Once it was running I was able to use the trackpad. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Printer drivers, 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A] (DVD-ROM)
It seems to do everything required of it - lots of apps now work in a smoother and more logical manner. Other apps like "iWork '09" Which I have not used on earlier OSX I would hope like other programs for Mac will be almost intuitive. Problem!!!! .... My printer is a Canon Pixma 4500 and the original drivers no longer work. Any solutions out there???Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Mac)

Mac OS 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Upgrade [MC573D/A]