5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I bought this TV from currys and I must say, this TV is value for money for the price it comes for. Picture quality is excellent as good as you get. I plugged in Freeview , A Blue ray player (LG BD 450), it all worked amazingly well.
Published on 29 Nov 2010 by Pankaj Nakhat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price
Well I wrote a nice detailed review for this product and Amazon never published it, bah.

But to summarise:

Good:
Good size for price.
Does include a PC DSUB connection (not listed).
Menu's look purty and good level of customisation.
Good picture quality.

Bad:
Back light black level poor.
Vertical viewing angle...
Published on 2 April 2011 by DaveD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Nov 2010
Pankaj Nakhat - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG 47LD450 47-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars LG TV, 23 Oct 2010
LG 47 inch very smart looking so simple to set up and the HD picture is A+ would reccomend this to all my friends

4.0 out of 5 stars LG 74 inch widescreen, 24 Nov 2010
This was enormous when it arrived but actually fills a corner of our lounge nicely. It was simple to wire up our other units (Sky box, Samsung DVD and Nintendo Wi.
The speakers are good, the frame around the screen minimal. There are 2 HDMI outputs and the usual Scart and phono connections. Switching inputs couldn't be simpler.
A couple of months in and we haven't found any down sides. We hadn't used LG before but I researched it and found it is all Phillips technology inside so that seemed to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply stunning TV, 11 Feb 2011
I spent a long time looking for LCD TV and after comparing many different brands i decided to go for the LG. I have had it for a few months now and i know i have definitely made the right choice.
It took minutes to set up and the picture is fantastic.
I use it for my sky HD and for games and blu rays on the PS3 and they all look amazing.
The picture quality is easily up with, if not better than, some of the more expensive brands that I was looking at. For the price it simply cant be beaten.
The menu is easy to use and there are many options for fine tuning the picture and sound including an energy saving mode.
I am delighted with it, if i had one tiny gripe it would be that it only has 2 HDMI sockets but that wouldnt stop me giving it 5 stars.
Dont hesitate, just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, 19 Sep 2010
I've been researching over low budget LCD 46/47inch TV's in the past 2 weeks and was also tempted to buy the 42inch LG as well, as the prices are very good. I waited until a 'Used - Like New' became available and got a good discount off the original price..and what can i say, it actually looks brand new, i'm very happy with the TV. I ordered it on the 16th September, and it told me that dispatch would be in a weeks time + i didn't think they'd deliver it on a Saturday so i decided to post it to my work address as nobody would be at home to sign for the TV. Typical that the TV had been dispatched on the 17th and was coming on the 18th..two days after i ordered it, very quick delivery. Had abit of a problematic time with the Citylink guy but who doesn't!

Anyway about the TV..setup was done in 10mins, i was abit iffy that there was only 1 review done on this TV but the picture quality is amazing! My last TV was a Samsung 32inch LCD and bloody hell what an upgrade this is, the audio quality is twice as good..and the picture i get from using it as a Dual monitor off my PC and from my Xbox 360 is really good, crystal clear. I assume this is a 50hz TV but i can't even tell the difference, when i play my Xbox it's just as smooth as my brothers Sharp 32inch 100hz TV..no tearing on the screen at all! The design is also slick and modern and overall i don't regret buying this TV one bit!

The colour settings on the TV gives you alot of freedom with many different options and clear voice 2 is also included and my god what a difference it makes..useful for people who can't hear very well.

I'm actually quite shocked that there's only 1 review made, i'm not usually the type of person to be bothered with reviews (unless i am very upset over a purchase) but buying this TV i was so pleased with it i just had to write about it.

5/5 thank you amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 28 Jan 2011
A keen reader "A reader" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have bought a few of these screens for our offices -- we use them for video conferencing and also for Powerpoiunt (etc) presentations. But sadly they are not used for watching the football or tennis or moview on TV! Our IT manager does all the research and finds the best scfreen at the best price. Usually, we buy from Amazon: good choice, good price and fast delivery. We are very happy with this screen. I'm sure the TV reception will be up to scratch -- certainly the picture and osund quality are very good and I am happy to recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 5 Oct 2010
I have to admit, i was relatively skeptical about purchasing this specific TV. I felt that the refresh rate would possibly cause motion blur and the the quality of the TV may not be up to standards. However, the TV arrived, got set up and BOOM, its GREAT. The design is great. The picture quality is outstanding for the value you pay. Simply make sure you have a lot of space to put this bad boy, sit the appropriate distance away and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars positive, 31 Oct 2010
arrived sooner than I thought, Plugged it in, job sorted.
Really light and well worth the money.
Didn't realise it was so easy to get exactly what we wished for. Thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Huge, Happy, 3 Mar 2011
I. Hewer (London, England) - See all my reviews
I've been using projectors to watch TV, DVD, BluRay and play games for about 6 years, most recently using a 720p projector. A PS3 on 80-100" screen projection is truly fantastic and is as affordable as a large TV. But after replacing one projector and subsequently three bulbs, and having moved to a house with a very sunny lounge, the projector was costing too much and wasn't performing as well as it was in the previous house. So swapping to a TV was the obvious choice. But how do you step down from such a vast screen to a dinky little telly without feeling like you're spending £££s on a downgrade?

After much reading I plumped for the LG 47LD450. It is brilliant and a bargain for its 47" size.

The following link may stop working at some point, but here's the LG page in the UK for this TV: [link removed]

Pros:
- Big. Really big.
- All the right connections (HDMI and VGA were what I was after)
- Very simple, quick interface. Often overlooked, but this is something I value highly (I haven't used the EPG interface, as I use the one on my cable provider's box)
- Great HD pic
- Excellent standard def pics. DVD and BBC (new material that's been filmed in HD) on standard def often look almost as good as high def
- Easy enough to set up to get good colour (if i recall correctly there's a step by step wizard which worked perfectly for me)
- Doesn't draw a massive amount of power 160W when on, 0.3W in standby. Not much more than an LED-backlit screen really.

Cons:
- Its very big! If you want a discreet telly, this isn't it.
- Only 60Hz refresh, so no 3D here. But you wouldn't expect it at this price.

I can't comment on the sound. I use speakers, so I haven't actually listened to the sound through the TV at all. I probably ought to, but I am sure others here will have commented on that.

This was one of those purchases which I was a little hesitant about. It was a lot of money, but cheap for its size. It's possible to get stung 'buying cheap in the expensive bracket', but this has proved to be the bargain I hoped it would be. It's one of those purchases I'm very very satisfied with and it doesn't feel cheap in any way. I'm also very happy that the step down in size from the projector hasn't been an issue. A brighter screen (I can watch motorsport in the daytime!), better blacks and less smeary action have compensated for much of the loss in real-estate.

It's also my first LG product, I'll definitely be looking at them when I buy other electronics (but steering away from their more bling looking stuff, which isn't to my minimalist taste).

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 47in LG TV, 25 Feb 2011
Received delivery of the LG47LD450 TV and I am absolutely delighted with it. Easy set up,plug in and away you go.Picture quality perfect, superb colour and sound, in my opinion cannot be beaten on value for money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›