5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I very rarely leave reviews, but I really loved this book so I felt I had to.

I think very often in books the animals (dogs especially) are written very 'lassie' like (seemingly perfect in every way with no apparent training) but in this book the dogs seemed normal, they barked, jumped up and didn't always listen, and they were all the more realistic and loveable for it. As someone who competes in agility and obedience I loved the references to the dog world, I've read other books where the author hadn't researched the dog world very well but in this book the author either has first hand experience or is very thorough with her research, even the references to the dog magazines were accurate! There aren't many books where I feel I could be friends with the main character but his was one of them.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I struggled to put it down, and bought the second in the series straight away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lassie for the modern generation, 4 Jun 2013
Peter Lloyd (Malta) - See all my reviews
This book will be loved by all dog lovers who will enjoy the story of this adorable young golden retriever tracking the missing girl. Certainly there is a mystery that has to be solved, but this is simply the background for a doggie adventure story. In some ways it reads like Lassie for the modern generation. One warning however and that is, I would discourage you from reading the reviews on Amazon.com as in my view they are spoilers telling you too much about the story itself.