Price:£2.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 27 July 2015
I find myself rather surprised by those reviewers who give only a grudging review yelling people not to expect anything special just because of the Leighton Denny name. I couldn't disagree more.
This was the item that first gave me high confidence in all Leighton Denny's products.
I got my first one as part of a kit that I bought mainly for the nail colours in it, thinking of the hoof stick as just a kind of filler, a cheap extra to lad the kit out and make it look better value, so I wasn't expecting anything much from it. But when I tried it I was astonished, and clearly remember thinking, 'If this guy takes this much trouble to get a humble hoof stick exactly right, I'm impressed. The guy is clearly a perfectionist.'
The 'hoof' tip has exactly the right degree of firmness being neither too soft to do anything, like so many I've tried over the decades, nor so hard you risk damaging your cuticles. Like the bears' beds in the Goldilocks story, this one is just right.
I must have owned a dozen or more hoof sticks over the last fifty years or so. This is the best by a mile. So, I agree, don't buy it just for the name. Buy it because the quality is great.
As an aside, the other item in that kit that really impressed me was the little brush that came with the corrector fluid. Again, it was 'just right' being neither too soft for precision nor too hard to absorb the fluid. As a keen and long-time amateur artist I'm fussy and, I think I can claim, knowledgeable, about brushes. And I was just as impressed about what seemed to be Leighton Denny's almost obsessive attention to such tiny details of such apparently minor items. The guy must be hell to live with! But as a customer I felt I could trust the quality of his products. I've since bought a variety of other things from his range and have never been less than impressed. (The Renovate serum is especially good for problem nails.)
This little hoof stick is a great ambassador for the brand. But don't buy it just for the name. Buy it because it's the best hoof stick you'll ever own.
on 9 November 2013
Very good at pushing back. How much is uncertain to me. this is good at it though. What it is not so good at -is the scraping off . The growth residue that is left on the nail itself-the opposite end of the hoof does not work very well in my opinion.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 June 2015
This branded "Leighton Denny" cuticle stick, arrives packaged in a clear sleeve. There isn't any fancy packaging to mess around with.

Upon fully opening, I was a little disappointed to the finish of the stick, the quality of the build wasn't any better than the standard you can freely purchase in beauty shops. This was due to jagged and rough edges around the purple hoof that I had to use a file (how ironic) to smooth out and reshape in order to be useable around the delicate cuticle area. Though this is my second I have purchased the first one was of a much higher quality I just wanted to point out that the quality may not be consistent in each and every hoof. So the star rating takes this into consideration.

The stick also has a thin slanted edge at the top, for getting in and around to clean under the nails of dirt and debris.

All is not bad my first original purchase, I found extremely easy to use, and found it virtually pain free if the cuticles are properly oiled and softened prior to use. Though again it's a standard hoof design that can be bought anywhere, but it's a good purchase if you own multiple Leighton Denny products and want to keep your kit within the same brand.
on 18 December 2012
It does the job, it's the kind I wanted and I couldn't find a similar one in Boots or superdrug. It's absolutely fine. But if you think it's going to be something super douper because it has Leighton and Denny branding, it isn't!
on 2 June 2016
I was a little disapopinted. It works, and does what it's supposed to, but it looked a little on the cheap side for a Leighton Denny product. I have his nail files which are wonderful, well packaged and well worth the money. This seems like a bit of an afterthought. If it wasn't a 'name' brand I wouldn't have thought twice about it and am happy with it, but just expected a little better 'build' quality from LD.
on 6 January 2016
This is pretty much the perfect hoof stick for me. Perfect firmness and angle for pushing cuticles back and the scraper ends removes any excess nicely, I use it in combination with the Sally Hansen gel cuticle remover. Would recommend to anyone looking for an affordable hoof stick.
on 17 November 2015
I really wanted to love this as much as I love the nail file, but I don't. The rubber end is too soft to push cuticles back, and the other end (which I try to use for cleaning under nails) just doesn't do it for me.
on 17 February 2015
Basic tool, does the job. Would normally use the wooden sticks, but felt they were too rough on my cuticles.
Only bought this because I was buying the crystal nail file of the same brand, as you have to spend £10 to be able to buy this... I think you could find one that does the same job in the high street. So don't spend money just to get this item, it's good, but not that good.
on 1 June 2016
wife can now sort her hoofs out
on 3 October 2014
This is perfect for your cuticles. There isn't much to say on this product as such. But it does the job it is supposed to. And I haven't any problems with this item.

Would highly recommend the Leighton Denny Hoof Stick.