on 27 November 2010
I have just bought the panasonic TX-L37V20B TV. The tv looks really classy, and comes complete with HD fREEVIEW, and HD FREESAT. It is also supplied with a dongle, for wi fi connectivity. It is not 3D ready, but who cares? The picture and sound quality are excellent. I have set it up in 'shop'mode, which gives vibrant, bright colours, and just reduced the contrast setting slightly, as it was overpowering on thefactory pre set.The best sound result is in v-audio mode. Once again Panasonic have produced a class TV.
on 15 January 2011
This was only delivered this morning, so I've still got a lot of things to try out. I ordered it 4.30pm Friday, and it arrived in perfect condition by CityLink 10.30am Saturday - all for £3.75 extra. Most impressive!

The TV was incredibly easy to set up without even reading the instructions. I'm using FreeSat (we are deep in a Welsh valley with no Freeview) and it automatically (and really quickly) found the correct satellite and tuned itself. All the channels look good, and BBC1 HD and ITV1 HD look amazing! It's a great idea having both FreeSat and Freeview in case we ever move. The picture is stunning compared to my old Sony (one of the first 30" LCD units) and it looks really neat and slim for a 37" set.

I'm using it with a Panasonic DMR-BS780EBK (Twin FreeSat BluRay HDD) that arrived at the same time - this too was just as easy to set up, and I'm able to use one remote for both items - a big plus!

All in all, this TV seems fantastic - but I'll need more time to thoroughly test it out. The only slight negative is that the sound is only good, not excellent, and perhaps a bit dull compared to my old Sony. But, as I'm buying a 5.1 AV Receiver and speakers next week this won't be a problem.

REVIEW UPDATE October 2011: I've been using this TV since January 2011 and I'm still really happy with it. I got the 5.1 AV system (Onkyo receiver, with Mordaunt Short speakers) so now the sound is superb too. The picture is still excellent, and the HD channels are amazing. All in all, it was a good purchase and I have no regrets.

What I didn't realize when I bought the TV is that if you connect it to a normal USB hard-drive (the external-drive computer type) you can pause live TV and (I believe) record programs too. Clever. Read the instruction manual for details, as there are only several drives that are claimed to work properly, and the HDD has to be formatted for one TV only - it can't be swapped and won't play movies from a PC. I tried it with a (really) old 500gb Western Digital HDD and it paused live TV perfectly, but I was unable to get it to record programs on the timer - though this option appears on-screen. Maybe the HDD wasn't modern enough?
on 5 March 2011
Can't fault this tv at all - it's pretty close to perfect! The picture is amazing - vibrant bright colours and gorgeous deep blacks. It makes standard definition and high definition a dream - I've noticed a significant improvement with music channels. The motion flow makes everything smooth and it really workes - especially for sport and fast scenes. We watch a lot of football (Sky Sports HD) and it's fantastic for that. The sound is also very good for a 37" - it's lightyears away from my dad's 2009 37" Sony LCD. BluRays are wonderful - I can't praise it enough! I would definitely recommend it - it's the best picture I've ever seen. Buy it!
on 23 October 2011
After much digging through tech specs and reviews, I decided to buy this TV. It has plenty of inputs that should cover future expansion, plus we've always had Panasonic TVs, due to their high specs, build quality and reliability. Apart from a slight delivery mix-up, (we got someone else's set and they got ours), it arrived when expected. Connection and set-up was very easy, and plugging it into the BT Home Hub via HomePlug ethernet meant that I could access photos and recorded TV on my main PC. We still had a Sky dish from a previous contract, so the Freesat connection gave us access to HD channels. I also bought a 1TB external drive from Tesco, which plugged into one of the USB ports.

After three or four weeks, I noticed that the Freesat and Freeview EPGs were taking time to populate, also the 'Search' function couldn't find any programmes. It then started switching itself off at random! An online search showed that there was a software update required, but it had to be done via the SD card slot, (this is the main reason for giving the machine four stars). This meant going to the Panasonic site, downloading the zip file, opening it, copying the file onto an SD card and putting it into the TVs SD slot. I spoke to the tech guy in my local Panasonic stockist and he wasn't aware of the update until I brought it to his attention. A long way for a shortcut! There has since been another update - mostly for Viera Cast - which was flagged up by the TV and came over the internet via the ethernet connection.

The only other issue I have is contrasting volume levels. I have a BT Vision box connected to the HDMI 1 socket and it has a very low volume level. If you watch BT Vision and switch the set off without turning it down, when you switch it on next time it defaults to 'Freesat', which is then very loud.

Apart from the two gripes I have mentioned this is a very fine television and is a further move towards integrated home audio and video. What I've done in the past is written an initial review waited a few months and added more comments - I'll probably do the same with this item.

Now if we can just get all the manufacturers using the same recording format, we might get somewhere.
on 14 February 2011
I found this tv in my local shop and really liked it but it was quite expensive. Thought i would have a look on amazon and it was a couple of hundred pounds cheaper!! It came really quickly and in perfect condition. the picture quality and sound is really good and it was easy to set up. I haven't tested the internet facility yet but based on the performance so far i don't anticipate any problems. All in all a very good buy and i am very pleased with it.
on 27 November 2010
It's a nice TV with good pictures and it does what I realy wanted which was a) Full HD, b) freesat HD and c) freeview HD (ready, haven't got it in my area yet).

Nice contrast ratio, makes a big improvement over previous TV (5 year old Tosh LC).

But...

A bit disappointed with the VGA input as it doesn't support full HD resolution. Some might think full HD isn't possible on VGA, but it is; I have a Samsung Plasma that syncs up beautifully (and automatically) in 1920x1080 mode from my Tosh laptop. Best this can offer according to data sheet is 1024x768, but I did manage to get it to work in the slightly weird (and not guranteed) 1400x1050 mode, but of course this is not native to the panel, so it's poor compared with what it could have been.

WiFi worked OK no problem, but the Viera cast walled garden internet is disappointing, not much there, not even i-Player.

PiP also diappointing; can't have any HDMI input displayed as the small picture; makes it much less useful. Has to be a SCART input or a tuner input.

Also can't connect to a windows share over my home network to look at photos stored on my Desktop, instead need a DLNA server installed on your PC. Guess I'll have to do this sometime.

Probably should have waited a bit longer, but you can do that forever... On the whole I'm satisfied.
on 30 April 2011
Delivery was excellent,well packed and very quick..
The TV has really lived up to our expectations with a really good picture and ease of use..
I would recommend this TV to be on anyones short list..
on 6 June 2011
Excellent product. Spent time researching before deciding on this model. Colours are good and sound quality ok. WiFi was easy to set up and works well. Can stream music ok to TV. Downside is Viera Cast. For the UK market the available sites you can use are all pretty pointless. Panasonic need to make more effort to provide links eg Lovefilm that are likely to be of interest to UK customers.
on 9 March 2012
Due to Freesat, i had to have it installed. either the guy was very good or it was very easy and simple to install. Great picture and great sounds.
Easy remote control though haven't figured out all the various features.

Am using Panasonic combi recorder which is amazingly easy to use for a non-techi like me to use.

Well done again, Panasonic. time will tell more.