5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV at a fantastic price!
Published on 1 Sept. 2010 by N. Friend

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware adverts
I'm deeply disappointed in this Panasonic product and cannot recommend it. Why? Advertisements.

When you use the Freeview guide feature for schedule information you are bombarded with nasty advertisements. The adverts use almost a third of the screen area thereby compromising the readability of the schedule information. This is compounded by the...
Published on 13 Dec. 2010 by Tamar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV at a fantastic price!, 1 Sept. 2010
N. Friend (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TX-L32S20B 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LCD TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
This is a seriously good television. I went to several shops including John Lewis to have a look at these but I thought that the price tag (£699) was a bit steep compared to other brands. I then had a look on Amazon and found it for £461 which is an amazing price. There are a few things that stand out in particular compared with other brands. The first is the remote control which is SO ergonomic and well constructed. The second is the menu system on the television which has clearly been very well thought out and includes a rather neat feature of a progress bar so you can see exactly how far into a show you are (accessible from the mini guide) and the third is picture quality.

It is well known that Panasonic make the best TVs around. This is no exception. The 24 frame smooth flow and high refresh rate (100Hz) is fantastic on movies making them smooth and crisp. It copes with High Definition input (and of course the HD tv channels on the TV) with ease. It even makes normal DVDs that are not upscaled look incredible.

I looked into this TV because I have friends with the older version which cost the the best part of £1000, although because of the smaller price tag I thought that this TV might be slightly worse quality but it is better! And at less than half the price my friends are green with envy!

I honestly cannot fault this TV - I thought I was buying a cheap 'decent' TV but I ended up with a cheap GREAT TV! You won't regret purchasing this model.

5*s to Amazon too because they delivered it next day and at £150 less than anyone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L32S20B 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LCD TV with Freeview HD, 3 Dec. 2010
Gareth Jenkins (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this set to replace a 28" CRT with Freeview that had an unfortunate meeting with the living room floor. I was looking for something that was inexpensive and of similar screen size. The inclusion of a Freeview tuner was also prerequisite.
This set was priced slightly higher than some I had looked at but the lure of the Freeview HD tuner and 100Hz processing was too great, and for about £20 extra... well.
I was initially sceptical about the benefits of 100Hz processing but on certain high-contrast panning scenes (typical of the kinds of shots in the BBC series `Life', etc.) it really helps to remove any jerky frame transitions.
Setup has been very simple and the picture is great, particularly once the eye-popping enhancements are turned off (i.e. putting it in `True Cinema' mode).
The LCD does show up shortcomings in the Freeview encoding far more than the old CRT did but I'm less aware of it now that it's been in the house for a few weeks.
Sound from the internal speakers is adequate for news, etc. but is not up to snuff for anything more `produced' such as a film soundtrack or music programme. I've hooked up a stereo for `proper' sound. This arrangement works very well.
Overall I'm very happy with this purchase; the ease of setup, quality of image and features at this price point are compelling. I'm only marking 4 rather than 5 stars because of the weak sound performance, which is common to most sets of this kind, to be honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opinion after day one, 8 Dec. 2010
hi there

Ok so this is what i think after getting it today finally, fast start-up, literally turn on it auto finds and you then put some details like name/pin etc.. and bam tv is on.
Initially i thought it was a bit dark but using the true cinema option and with the cats option off the colours and image are strong.

I will aim this mainly at gamers, i bought this tv to play my ps3 as i was previously interchanging with my 22inch 1680x1050 sammy and it was annoying me tbh.
There was one main thing that bothered me on my monitor and it was (i dont know if this is technical term) 'ghosting' i mean e.g when playing ff13 and u slowly pan around the main character you can see the background blurring heavily, this irritated me so much. I was so so so thankful to see this does not happen with the panasonic, just nice and smooth :)
I read a lot about something called input lag (i 'guess' this is when e.g you press x and it takes time for the game to recognise this and their is lag between the actual command input from player and the game reacting) well bear in mind i come from pc gaming background and in general am pretty fussy, there was no lag i could notice so dont be concerned at all by that if you are a gamer. (although if you want to use as gaming monitor that could be different due to the turning speed of mouse etc but i really wouldnt be concerned given how much attention is put on input lag)

Blu-ray...wow not for long long time have i been so impressed, image quality is amazing so polished and refined, watched a bit of advent children blu-ray...amazing detail, best moving images i have seen.

Tv, this is where i was a little disappointed or surprised, now dont get me wrong this is perhaps more aimed at lcd tv in general as i dont have much experience with it, but honestly standard definition tv ranged from ok to downright not good. Possibly because i am so used to watching hd footage on my monitor maybe i am spoilt by it but well just wasnt so impressed (but again i repeat that is probably a problem i have with lcd in general as opposed to this specific tv)
There is an option in the video menu to turn somethign on called pnr it has 4 settings, it actually makes a very noticeable enhancement to standard tv images which is nice, it sort of 'blends' the pixellation effects slightly. nothing revolutionary but it is significant difference and a welcome one.
btw i will say compared to my sammy blacks were 1000% better, black = black and there was no strange light coming from the rim.

Freeview hd, well i didnt care about freeview hd when i bought the tv but in retrospect i am very glad as hd image to me feels like 'how it should be' very crisp and clean image i find myself watching bbc/itv/c4 hd just because it looks better heheh.

Ok yes that was messy review but hopefully i might have answered some questions you might have before choosing.

One more thing, the actual stand does not swivel it is fixed, doesnt bother me yeah, also viewing angles are much much better than the likes i see at the shop.
ALso no usb input for movies but i not bothered i would just hook up my monitor

Overall absolutely fantastic tv it has put a smile on my face :) but talking about price, i would say be careful what extra do you get here? freeviewhd/100mhz/full hd resolution, ok great but dont pay too much for it (anymore than maybe 390 i think is too much) keep looking around amazon is consistently destroying the prices of higher cost tv's keep your eye out

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 3 Dec. 2010
This is an unbelievable TV. The picture is amazing, even watching from a something on the SCART inputs. Tuning was a breeze, even picked up the Freeview HD channels, which I was surprised about. Took a bit of time setting the colour/contrast etc, but that's mainly because I'm fussy. Watching the Freeview HD channels just has to be seen to be believed, as does any other HD source via any of the 3 HDMI inputs. I spent a lot of time researching before finally taking the plunge and getting this. I read countless reviews of other LCD TVs, from other sites as well, but none seemed to be able to offer the quality, functionality, and excellent reviews that others have given. In my opinion you'll struggle to find a better TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L32S20B TV, 18 Dec. 2010
Does everything we want from a TV. Good, steady clear picture. Does not need any additional boxes to receive HD or digital signals. Good sound quality. Unlike our other LCD tv's the picture does not freeze periodically nor does the sound cut out for several seconds. We have not attached any other peripherals so far except a USB stick playing a slide show of holiday pictures which worked very well.
As a TV it's very good. As a home entertainment system we'll have to wait until we can afford Blueray and surround sound to find out how it then performs.
Only one negative. It is supposed to play images at 100 hz. I can find no references in the hand book on how to turn this on. It receives HD at 50hz. I have e-mailed Panasonic with my query and got no answer after 3 weeks so I am not impressed with any form of after sales back-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Full HD with Freeview HD, 16 Aug. 2010
Tellboy (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
You need to read the reviews for the TX-L32S10B model on Amazon as this set replaces it with the addition of a Freeview HD Tuner. Please note it does not have a Freesat HD tuner but I was aware of that when I bought it.
I prefer to record FreeSat on a separate box and play it back through a HDMI cable.
It is incredibly good when connected to a Blu-Ray or Full HD device (X-Box 360) 1080p. Judge it on that and not just on the normal Freeview HD which is 1080i and often upscaled. Even this though is very good and switching back to standard definition is very noticeable.
The tip given by a reviewer on the TX-L32S10B regarding fitting the stand was excellent and applies here.
You need to lay the screen on something soft and lower the four cross headed screws into a recess so you need a magnetic cross head screwdriver (most are) or a bit of blu-tak.
It is not fitted to slim down the box packaging.
Panasonic can not seem to finally decide where to put the on/off button yet.
All 3 of my TV's have different positions (front, top and right hand side on this model.)
It self installs once you have switched on and completed the option to set your security is completed.
A SD card reader is built in to view your digital pictures or movies.
Security is a worry as Flat Screen TV's are targeted by thieves (just lost 2 Panasonics myself) . They are light and easily moved. This one is padlocked to the heavy stand with an unobtrusive bicycle security chain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb TV, well worth the upgrade, 3 Aug. 2010
A. I. Mackenzie "alimack" (Glasgow, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Essentially we were forced into buying a new TV, as our old JVC burned out (literally). After a fraught day of reading Which and Amazon reviews we bought this TV, which has been brilliant so far.

Unboxing it is fairly simple once you've got it home, this is probably the largest size of TV which will fit into a standard saloon car. Screwing in the base takes about 20 minutes - so allow yourself time to do this. Once the base is assembled then you should plug in the TV aerial before plugging in the box to allow the full setup to take place (there's no power switch). This is straightforward and the built in HD freeview tuner is of good quality and beat our last one into a cocked hat. We get poor reception as we're in the lee of a hill but most channels are good and the BBC channels seem to be rock solid. We use the Freesat box under the TV a lot less.
Sound is good but I imagine you'd need a home cinema rig for the best sound quality.

The picture is very good, Freeview is generally good with just a bit of breakup, Freesat is also excellent although the picture is slightly paler. The TV has 3 HDMI sockets, and works best when these are used. There are also two SCART sockets for connecting older components.

I've also bought a Panasonic DMP-BD65EB-K Blu-Ray Disc Player and the picture quality really shines out with this. The colours are amazing watching a film like Avatar, and there's no noticeable image blur or lag. Note that the Viera link functions only work with other Panasonic kit but are useful.

The remote is sensibly laid out and the TV can be connected via ethernet to the internet, so far I've only checked for firmware updates using this but internet setup is straightforward. Wireless set up will require a Panasonic dongle which is about £80, excessive in my opinion.

Overall excellent, have always liked Panasonic TVs and this seems a gem as long as it lasts.

*UPDATE* There is a power switch, it's at the back and low down, there's also a channel changer rocker switch - I discovered these about a month into ownership.
It doesn't change the rest of the review - still an excellent TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic quality, 22 Aug. 2010
Mr. Robert Loader (Swynnerton, Stone, Staffs GB) - See all my reviews
Browse through the TVs on display in any shop, the Panasonic stands out with top picture quality. The TX-L32S20B is an example of that standard. I was a little concerned that moving from my 19inch Panasonic LCD model to a 32inch display would see a big loss of picture definition but no problem, it is excellent.
One facility I miss from the 19inch TV is the ability to change the EPG between landscape view showing several channels programmes to portrait display showing one channels programmes for the whole day. The adverts accompanying the EPG, thankfully have been removed with a recent software update.
A TV that I am happy to recomend

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture could be brighter but beautifully built and designed, 1 Jan. 2011
Bluesbury (St Albans, England) - See all my reviews
Unlike many reviewers, I wasn't wowed with the picture on this TV - I found it rather dark and, although it's better with the brightness jacked up to almost maximum, it could still be brighter and crisper. Much is made of `true black' in LCD TV reviews but I found that I was missing `true white' - there's a hint of a creamy and/or green tint sometimes, although the colours are certainly deep and rich. While this is a very subjective response, it shows that it's very difficult to choose the right TV without trying it out at home. Nevertheless, having compared this TV with the closely comparable Sony Bravia KDL32EX503U, I eventually opted for this one. The Sony picture is brighter and sharper but the difference at home was marginal. The Sony has better connectivity - it's a great shame that this TV lacks a USB input - but the Panasonic is much more user friendly.

The remote is not only ergonomically designed but is full of handy little buttons like `Last View' and `TV' and `AV' so there's no need to scroll through options to switch between TV and AV inputs. Everything is clear, intuitive and very easy to use - much better for those who are not technically minded and more satisfying for those that are. The whole thing has a solid and well designed feel about it. In the end, the deciding factor was a trivial but telling difference: after struggling for several minutes to get a Scart lead into the Sony, on the Panasonic it went straight in first time. This matched up with the advice I was given in John Lewis that Panasonics are far more reliable than Sonys. I've got used to the picture now and, really, if you want a perfect picture, you probably need to spend more like £700 upwards than £400 - 500

4.0 out of 5 stars After 2 months of ownership.., 14 Jan. 2011
Bought as a replacement for my 4:3 tube telly. The picture is pretty good for this sort of thing - I have turned off the 'intelligent frame creation' thing which like another reviewer said makes filmic looking DVDs and programmes look like an on-set documentary. Don't like the effect at all, maybe better for sports and soaps - not my thing.

Sound is pretty good for a flat panel of this size, and there are enough settings to make it suit the space you have it in.

Usual operation is easy, channels change quickly. Menus are a bit weird but OK - who designs these interfaces? What function is in which menu does seem a bit random for some things. The space taken by dull adverts in the freeview guide is a bit irritating but the guide works fine.

I have a Panasonic freeview plus recorder and they do talk to each other on a basic level, maybe if I read the manual again it will do more via Viera link, but it should be a bit more intuitive - I often seem to need both remotes.

I'm happy with this telly - glad I waited for 1080 and 100Hz, be even better when we eventually get freeview HD in my area.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›