5.0 out of 5 stars Great brand - great TV, 4 Dec 2010
This review is from: Panasonic TX-L22X20B 22-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview (Electronics)
I've been looking for a smaller TV for some time, and I am aware you can get cheaper ones than this.
However, I've worked with TV sales in my time, and I know that the ones you don't get returned are SONY, Panasonic and Toshiba - although I think the Toshiba stuff has reduced in quality recently, which is a great shame.

Managed to get this elsewhere very cheap - 169, which again is a shame - I usually buy everything from Amazon.

For the same price, you'd be looking at the next step down - Hitachi, Philips, Samsung - but with a built in DVD.
I decided to opt for the Pana, as it's a make I trust.
The main issue with smaller flatscreen TV's is the sound quality - in some cases, even with the big makes, the sound is awful - I'd even say not fit for purpose. With a bigger TV you can take this - you buy a separate amplifier, or connect it to your stereo or PC, but in the case of the smaller ones, you don't always want to.
The Pana sound is great - as good if not better than the old CRT portable TV's - and trust me, you don't get that often with TV's now - they tend to be PC monitors with TV tuners onboard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good TV for a small room, 27 Nov 2010
This TV was easy to set up, and has a good quality picture and sound. Build quality seems better than some cheaper makes that I considered, and the fact that it is a Panasonic is one of the main reasons why I chose this set. It has a large range of inputs (SCART x 2, HDMI x 2, and various others) which means that it is able to be used with a wide range of input devices, and after using it with SCART leads for a couple of weeks, I decided to change to HDMI for two of my devices, and this resulted in a marked improvement in the quality when used with a good HDMI cable. The Amazon seller excelled with an order placed on a Friday afternoon, delivered on the following Monday at 4.30. Also, the seller did offer this machine at a very good price indeed - probably the lowest price anywhere, and certainly a lot cheaper than any of the major sellers, online or shopfront.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice small TV, 21 Sep 2010
V pleased with this, my first digital TV. Just the right size for a small room - good picture and sound. There was initially a problem over screws for the pedestal - couldn't find them in the delivery box but it's possible I missed them. There was however a correction slip saying the size of screw in the manual was incorrect and giving the correct specification. Panasonic were very good about getting the correct screws sent to me from a factory of theirs in Poland.

4.0 out of 5 stars TV for the bedroom, 27 Dec 2010
Bw Harrison "plasticmac" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
I have just bought one of these from Comet they were the only retailer that had them at this price before Xmas.
Being a Panasonic fan, already have a 32 " as our main TV I wanted a cheapo for the bedroom. I bought a 22" Toshiba but when I installed it and watched it for a day or two I became very disappointed with the picture quality, the blacks seemed to wash out in dark scenes so I returned it and bought this one, a much better TV overall ( a bit dearer though), my one gripe is that I have to set the picture mode to Dynamic to get a comfortable picture, the other settings even with "User preferred" seem to dark. A good TV at this price and the sound is good as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L22X20B, 27 Jan 2011
It`s a fantastic bedroom/ small room TV, ticks all the right boxes - sharpness, colour, connections ( 2 HDMI sockets is better than the usual one found on small TV`s ) and the main reason I bought it.....the SD card slot!

One major gripe though. Though not fatal to the overall review of this TV, and it`s only my personal view, the TV picture (no matter WHAT the setting ) is always way too dark. I`ve turned their version of ambient light affecting the screen off, hiked up the brightness, messed until i`m blue in the face with the settings and all to no avail. The energy saving nonsense that`s built into the TV goes too far for my liking.
In conclusion it`s a dark picture with everything, bluray, PS3, TV...UNLESS you put the brightness RIGHT UP to the top setting, and juggle the contrast. But as I say, that`s all just my personal view.

On a positive note, it`s good to see that this new generation of ultra affordable LCD panels can do better ' blacks ' than previous models, it really is pretty good!
The price : Hey, for this price there isn`t that much to moan about here, is there? My advice is buy it - overall, it`s probably one of the best bedroom TV`s on the market at the moment!( if not THE best ) :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 1 Feb 2011
Everything one can think of is very good. colour, picture sharpness, definition etc etc are all easily adjustable, but at all events the TV settings were very satisfactory at onset. However it is agreeable to be able to make these adjustments if needed. Sound reproduction is of a particularly high standard, in fact, I use this in preference to my hi-fi CD setup.Everything is very easy to operate.
Yes,excellent picture, and excellent sound.
My other telly is a larger Panasonic for the main living room, it was also supplied through Amazon, and is also very good all round, and was delivered equally speedily
and efficiently. Both were top value for money. I'm sure that both will fulfill the reputation for reliability that panasonic has.
There are just two minor niggles: the on-off button on the remote control of the 22" one is hard to engage. On both the sets, the programme display is accompanied by a rather irritating changing series of adverts occupyng about 35% of the screen on the left side. I should have thought that Panasonic would be above that sort of thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L22X20B, 3 Jan 2011
I did a lot of on-line comparisons and looking at different manufacturers' TV's before deciding to go with the Panasonic.

Personally, it seems to be more sturdy than some of the competition I'd seen, and, being a Panasonic, it eventually swayed my decision, and having used it now for a few days, I'm happy to say that my decision seems vindicated.

For connectivity, it has great options including 2 scart sockets, 2 hdmi connections, takes an SD card, PC and audio component cables as well, plus a CI slot (an optional viewing card slot which I probably will never use).

Got it up and running very quickly with the freeview installation and stand being easy to do. The TV includes an eco mode (which adjusts picture settings automatically based on ambient lighting conditions which can be set on / off), a game mode, has very good sound options including V-Audio surround, built in digital and is HD ready. The remote has a menu button which gives picture, sound and set up menus and is responsive, unlike the TV it was replacing which seemed to have a remote that took time to respond. Initially kept tinkering with the menu until happy with set up - all in all everything possibly you'd need and which includes an equaliser option for the sound.

If you have other Panasonic products, you can use Q-Link / Viera link that connects to tv and recorder using same remote, and although I have not tried it, the instruction says this feature may be available with other manufacturers' equipment supporting HDMI CEC but, as indicated, not tested.

Delivered quickly by Amazon (as expected) so all in all a great experience and one happy owner. Recommended product.

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 10 April 2011
As stated by others:
- Price now reflects its top of the range status (even though about to be superseded),
- Had to tinker with settings to get acceptable brightness,
- Otherwise OK.

Oh - and Amazon delivery service exemplary, as usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L22X20B LCD TV, 17 May 2013
An excellent TV, very clear picture, excellent sound, good looking, & ideal for my bedroom - very good value for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen TV, 23 Dec 2011
J. Insley (UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased this for my parents kitchen
The unit fits superbly - The remote is excellent - like all Panasonic TVs
The Picture is good - not great - I have seen slightly better but overall the TV works well
Slight con is the viewing angle - you need to ensure this is correct in a small room like a kitchen
Audio is very good - no complaints
Overall a good buy