5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!
This was an amazing product! I have naturaly dark brown hair and it turned my hair from that to a lovely vibrant red! I used the 40 volume developer but would recommend the 30 with this product. Realy good and if you want noticable results this product rocks!!!
Published on 26 July 2011 by em74

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy!!
I was so exited to get my hair red but I was a total waste of money my hair was darkbrown and it still is, hated it, so sad-.-
Published 18 months ago by Sara

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 26 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars read!!, 7 May 2015
lou taylor - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
If you want Rihanna red hair then this product is for you. The reviews where people are saying they applied it and their hair remained dark must have researched enough. I have gone from dark brunette to an intense red with this very product. I started with the 6% cream u need (u don't apply this with what's just in the tube u need to mix it with a medium volume colouring cream found in all supermarkets and high st stores) afyer I had tried dying my hair red with the usual red dye dyes purchased in shops, all I was achieving was a deep dark red which wasn't the colour I was chasing. After researching online I found out about this very product so decided to order it and went with 6% cream. After the 35 minutes I washed it out and I have got a medium red. Not majorly bright and not quite what I was looking for so I ordered another tube of this and used a higher volume cream (9% up to 30% depending on how dark your natural colour is) and I applied it the following day. The cream isn't harsh on your hair like others, it's gentle and pre lightens as well as lighting when mixed with colour. This is totally safe to redo the following day, search YouTube and you'll see people who are applying this very product and not quite getting the bright red look are applying it the following day and every single one of them after the second application have walked away with that bright Rihanna red hair. To those of you who have used this and haven't had the result, owning red hair is a gradual process. U can either go all in with this and apply over the course of two days or do it every couple of weeks with other red dyes to gradually lighten it but this method has the best results and the fastest. Ain't no way you would catch me applying dye two days running, I'm too darn protective of my hair so the fact I used this method shows it works and isn't harsh on your hair when u apply second. Once you have reached the desired level of red you'll need to freshen it up roughly every 3 weeks, this isn't a cheap beauty regime to keep up with the level of attention it forever needs. To freshen the red up once it starts with that orangy tinge u simply need to mix a small amount of the dye in with your conditioner and leave it in for ten minutes, this little trick is enough to freshen it up without applying dye all over the hair every three weeks. Your roots stand out a lot more with red hair so root touch up does need the red paste and cream mixtures but because it's Virgin hair the root application won't kill the roots like it would the rest when applied once or month or whenever you chose to touch the roots up. My roots coming thru doesn't bother me straight away, it starts to bug me when about an inch of hair growth is noticeable.

I honestly can't rant about this dye enough, the results are truly amazing and very statementy. As mentioned previously to achieve the bright Rihanna red look after using the lower volume cream it's perfectly safe to reapply the following day with a higher volume cream. Go for it! You won't regret it and you'll instantly fall in love with your new hair colour. U see many people online rocking red hair but the next time your out and about look around at how many people have bright red hair...u don't see many ☺️ xx

5.0 out of 5 stars How I went from dyed black hair to deep red hair., 26 Feb. 2015
The product arrived in 10 days (I live in Italy) so I was completely satisfacted with the delivery. The package was ok and everything was intact.

This is truly an amazing and brilliant hair colour. Please let me suggest some ways to use it so you will achieve a perfect red on your dark hair.

First step, watch some tutorials on youtube. Many youtubers have used HiColor, so I suggest you to look at their videos just so you can have an idea on how to use it. You just have to search for HiColor Red and you will be shown so many results.
Concerning my experience: I have been dying my hair black/blue black for over 3 years. Since I wanted to change for red, this is how I managed to obtain it using this product.
I avoided dying my hair for 2/3 months. So the black dye faded away a little, my roots started to show my real hair colour and my hair was healthy and strong. (Please remind that I used this procedure just because I had dyed black hair, not natural black/brown hair)
Then, I decided to bleach A LITTLE my hair as soon as I ordered the product. I didn't want to become blonde, I just wanted the black dye to be removed or to fade. You can also get a décapage if this works on you. My hair became dark brown/brown, even tough I still had some black dye (bleached for 15 minutes or my hair would be burnt again).
Then, when my HiColor arrived I mixed it with 30 vol oxy cream and started dying beginning from my ends to my roots. I left it on for 40-50 minutes.
The result was: where I was brown, the colour came out bright red as a cherry. Where I was darker/black, the colour came out as a dark/burgundy red which I love so much.

I suggest you, if you have dyed black hair, to bleach a little your hair (at least to dark brown) or at least to décapage them because otherwise you won't obtain the red you wish.
Anyway, this is a beautiful hair product and I would recommend it to anyone who wants bright red hair without bleaching them or if you are like me, just by bleaching them a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 13 Sept. 2012
I watched loads of people dying their hair with this product on youtube. I thought id give it a go myself. I used a 30 developer with this dye, it made my hair bright red! Its amazing. I had dark red hair before and now its lightened it up loads. I recommend people to buy this stuff!

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy!!, 4 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous colour x, 30 Sept. 2011
I had previously lightened my hair from black (turned a dark orange), and dyed it with a box colour (xxl live red passion) which I hated it was an orangey red and faded really quickly. I had seen people on you tube dye their hair with this product and thought I would give it a go, I used it with 30 developer and I didnt expect it to work on my hair, but it turned out the most beautiful deep blood red, I adore it, it looks even brighter in the sun, I will definately be buying more of this colour.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a supermarket dye, not this, 24 April 2015
If I could give 0 stars, I really would. Used together with a 40 developer and for the same results as a semi permanent colour off the supermarket shelf. Mixed as per instructions and left on for longer than prescribed time. Back to the salon. If you have very dark hair, this does not work

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 21 Mar. 2015
I was very disappointed with this product as it doesn't do as it says by making hair bright red. It turned my hair into a very dark red when I wanted completely opposite. So I wouldn't recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 27 Feb. 2014
I ordered 2 red highcolor for dark hair I got one red and one different red i didn't order. Apart from this Product worked and expected , was packaged nicely. Shipping time was average

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 9 May 2014
I ordered 2 I have abit longer than shoulder length hair, and I used a 30 developer at 5/ ounce I have naturally dark hair it turned out a red wine colour nice xx

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›