5.0 out of 5 stars Spiffingly Good
My needs are somewhat different than th normal use of PMR radios.
My wife is disabled and I needed a way that she could contact me whether I was in the house (very thick walls), in the garden, shed or at the neighbours. Looking at standard disabled communications products left a lot to be desired so I took a punt at getting the Motorola system.
The performance...
Published on 31 May 2012 by Nelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited ...
A great well made product, that has a reat battery life, however it is limited to about 2miles at a push and does not work well in built up environments ...
Published 23 months ago by J G Frieslaar

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiffingly Good, 31 May 2012
My needs are somewhat different than th normal use of PMR radios.
The performance has exceeded expectations with regard to quality of speech and the ability to penetrate very thick walls.
Operationally these are very simple to use and simply require charging and you are ready to go.
The clips mean that I can carry one with me wherever I go and my wife is able to contact me whenever (and wherever locally) I am needed.
Straight line distance is impressive, however we live in a valley and I have tested the system to over a mile with two hills between.

The aesthetic design is pleasing to the eye and fits the hand very well. Controls are easy to access and the menu is intuitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, Simple, Effective., 19 Aug. 2012
I recently tested these walkie talkies on a three day camping trip in the Lake District and I was very satisfied.
They are small enough to fit in a pocket, very simple to use and did exactly the job I wanted them to. There are some more advanced functions tucked away in a menu which give you a few more options but I'll probably never use them.
Although I didn't do a range test they were working fine when the GPS showed the radios were 1.2 miles apart.
I was happy the radios came with a pretty sturdy looking double charging unit but I haven't used it yet because after three days of fairly substantial use, both radios are still showing full battery!
Excellent buy, I would certainly recommend them for leisure use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola 14 PMR Radios, 11 Feb. 2013
As always brilliant delivery. These radios are a big step above the cheaper models available, several sets of which I have bought previously. They are certainly an excellent communication tool. I use them in the hilly countryside of Devon for communication between members of game shoots. I have used them successfully all this winter and they have been in use every week from October to February.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent range and clarity, 23 Jun. 2011
J. Hallows (England) - See all my reviews
Having used cheaper walkie talkies before, we were impressed at how good these were over distance without line of sight.
Easy to use, simple menu system .... great for general use.
Note I've not tried this in mountainous areas - they were purchased more for keeping in contact with the kids or friends when they wonder off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 17 April 2012
This radio works perfectly well. I have used them when skiing and it has always been perfectly able to work at any distance.
I also use it as a "baby phone", and if it's very convenience when you are not close from the baby room (like in the garden, or through several walls), it';s not as efficient as a baby phone for detecting every single noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality radios, 22 Nov. 2011
Cbm Sharp "Conrad" (Newark, UK) - See all my reviews
If you value good tactile quality and high build standards with a competent radio that is fine for line of site comms get these. Dont expect cell phone coverage, these are line of site radios, in the real world about 1-3 miles range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola TLKR 06 Walkie Talkie, 12 April 2012
Paula Taylor "Fishy Stuff" (Tunbridge Wells, England) - See all my reviews
We are really pleased with the product. Good reception, long battery life, and easy to carry around. They probably have a lot more functionality than we have yet worked out! Looking forward to using them on the ski slopes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 25 May 2012
I. R. John "JohnBouy" (UK) - See all my reviews
Well packaged and easy to put together. Instructions are clear and easy to follow so you are up and running very quickly. Handsets very well made, buttons feel positive, display nice and clear. Battery life seems good although batteries are still new so may fade as they get older. Sound very clear but only using them over a distance of 1.5km. Very pleased with purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Variable range but very good, 21 Nov. 2013
After several months' use I have noticed variable results with regards distance: with a small hill in-between two users I have had as little as half a mile; in the dales with no obstacles, 4 miles. Well made & easy to use. The 'page' function is very useful: press the button and the other handset will sound a beep to get the attention of the other user or let them know you're about to speak; also useful in finding a hand-set if dropped on a walk or in the dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 Jan. 2013
These walkie talkies are great. They were a christmas gift from "you know who" and my daughter said they were the best ever. The range is amazing. Simple quick and easy to use. Very clear. Straightforward instructions. For people who are not into the whole "technology buzz" theyre perfect. They do exactly what they say they do and nothing more. My kind of toy!!