5.0 out of 5 stars Save money and be healthy - buy it!
Delivery was quick and packaging fine.

A bobble bottle comes in three parts - the bottle, the filter and the cap. The latter two bits need replacing every 3-4 months at a cost of around 5 (still a massive saving over buying bottles of water but worth knowing about.

Published on 25 Sep 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea
This is a really good idea, and it enables me to drink the dodgy tap water at work, but I have a problem with the flow of the water, and having to squeeze the bottle a little too hard for my liking. Good, but I need it to come out a bit faster.
Published on 29 April 2012 by Shoe lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Save money and be healthy - buy it!, 25 Sep 2011
Delivery was quick and packaging fine.

I bought my bobble as I commute on the tube a lot and I always like to travel with bottle of water. I used to buy bottled water and then refill them a few times before chucking them out (you shouldn't refill ordinary plastic bottles too often as they degrade over time and leak nasty chemicals into your water - although to be honest its not a major problem as most people I know chuck them after a few refills in any event). A bobble bottle is made of different plastic that doesn't have the same chemical compounds so can be refilled as often as you wish.

So, what's the bobble like to use? First off the shape is distinctive, personally I love the shape and feel of it. When you first get it, you have to soak the filter and give the bottle a rinse - easy to do and a 3 minute job. Assembly is as easy as you would expect (insert filter and.. done!).

Drinking from the bobble take a bit of practice, you sort of part squeeze and part suck. When I started (and this is the same for many of my friends) it wasn't that great to be honest - and it nearly ended up languishing on a shelf. However as the plastic bobble bottle softens slightly with use and you master the technique then it becomes easy and instinctive. I am in danger here of making it sound difficult, and it isn't, its just drinking water after all lol; but don't rely on it for your gym visit until after you have mastered guzzling rather than sipping! :)

The filter works well, removing any unpleasant taste from the water (useful if you live in an area where it is very chalky or hard). You are recommended to clean it every now and then (which means soaking it in some boiling water); likewise clean out the bobble bottle (soapy water) and the lid. I find the latter tends to discolour but you get new ones with the replacement filters.

Problems - well if you don't push the teat bit back down when you finish drinking then you are effectively leaving it open and it will of course then leak - I guess that's a stupidity/drunk test and a mistake that I have only made once. Very occasionally, especially with a new filter, the teat part of the filter can be tricky to pull up in to the open/drink position - but its not an issue, if it happens then just untwist the filter slightly to release the pressure and then pull it up into the open position.

If the filter starts smelling a bit rubbery (rather like a wet-suit) then you definitely know its time for a new filter! Mine last around 4 months with daily use.

Bottle sizes: I first bought the smaller one and would strongly recommend against it. With a bobble bottle you will find you are drinking more water than normal (which is good) but as a result you will end up wondering why you bothered buying such a tiny bottle. This is the best size for normal every day use/travel and I have a bigger one on my desk at work (they all use the same size filters).

So to round up, if you buy a lot of bottled water stop, buy one of these - they are greener, and much much cheaper over time. If you want to drink more water or like to have a travel bottle for commuting etc then - yup buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh water, 30 May 2011
Bz (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was given one of these as a present, today. Simple, well packaged with clear instructions on the pack warning about charcoal dust needing to be rinsed/squirted from the unit initially. As I have an under-the-sink unit with a carbon filter ( and a similar warning ), it was no surprise to have this warning.

Clear water isn't usually a problem in this area but there have been odd occasions when the stench of TCP has been a problem for a short period. Will this solve such a problem ? Only time will tell. I guess.

Having said that, the first bottle/bobble full, filled from the main pipe not the filter tap, has been impressive.

Update : 24 hours and 3x fillings later - in a word 'stunning'. It's like drinking liquid silk. Sorry if that sounds corny but I'm very impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, 29 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb alternative to buying bottled water, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Red (Kitchen & Home)
I read all the review for this and other filtered water bottles (it was a slow day). The reviews were very mixed for all of them. I ultimately chose the bobble based on its funky design (fickle I know).

The main gripes that most people seem to have regarding the bobble were;

1. It leaks
2. It's hard to drink from
3. The plastic is thin
4. The refills are expensive

My views on this are as follows.

1. It doesn't leak, certainly not for me anyhow. It might leak if you screw the top on wonky or too tight. It could also leak if you fill the bottle to the top and put the lid on. As the filter is attached to the lid, an amazing thing happens. The water is displaced and the only place it can go is up and out of the bottle. Simple solution - don't overfill it.

2. I admit, at first it take a bit of effort to get water out. I was sure there was a knack to it, that I just needed to figure out, and there is. If you purse you lips (as if you are kissing the top of the bottle) suck and give the bottle a gentle squeeze the water flows freely.

3. The plastic is not as thin as I thought. After reading the other reviews I was expecting it to literally crack and disintegrate in my hands. The bottle holds it shape very well. You need to give it a gentle squeeze but this doesn't mean you have to crush it between your fingers.

4. I'm not sure what people are comparing the cost of the refills to. They only need changing after 2 months or approx 300 refills. How much do they think 300 bottles or Volvic or Evian would cost?

Summary: If you are looking to cut down on the amount of tea/coffee you drink in a day, or you believe you should simply follow good advice and drink at least two litres of water a day then I fully recommend this product. I take mine to work with me everyday and it has definitely helped me in both these departments.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great, pain to use, 11 May 2011
If this review was based purely on taste it'd get 5 stars. I've used my bottle for 2 weeks now and I no longer have that slightly earthy flavour to the water when I drink through the bottle. However, you can't just gulp water through this. You have to squeeze the bottle a fair bit to get enough pressure to push water through the carbon filter. And you only get about enough water for about half a mouthful peer squeeze. Also, maybe I got a dud bottle, but the slightest bit of pressure causes the cap to close after you pop it making it even harder to drink water from it. I'm going to buy another bottle to see if I did just get a dud and will update my review accordingly. Otherwise, I fear it's back to glass bottles filled from the (slow) Brita pitcher.

Update: I've had this for a few months now and still have the same issue. I didn't need to buy a new bottle because 3 of my friends purchased it and had the same issues I did. In addition, it's now started to make a whizzing sound when you drink from it (which my other friends have noted as well). I still have mine, because I hate to throw away things and I still like the taste of the water. But, I rarely use it. Only when I'm too lazy to wait for the Brita pitcher to finish filtering water. But it's totally impractical for Sports use or when you're really thirsty. Shame as it's a good idea in theory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, potential for replacement main body, 12 Mar 2012
C. McCourt (UK) - See all my reviews
The water I drink at work is a bit hit and miss sometimes so asked for this for my birthday. It has helped clear up my water and tastes a lot nicer. The filter works fine but I find the plastic bottle a bit flimsy, not the most sturdy bottle. The packaging says the bottle can be replaced, however, on an initial look (I tried 2 different generic water bottles) neither of them fit. I'm not too worried for now, I think it is possible to find them and if I do, I shall let you know.

Other than that, works like a charm.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bobble BPA-Free 550ml water bottle, 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Red (Kitchen & Home)
I bought these filter bottles for my family after reading the reviews which were quite mixed in that some people liked them others did not. I am disappointed with them really I bought four of them in different colours. The bobble has a filter which filters clean water i.e tap water to remove the chemical taste of the tap water. It does not remove the chemical taste of the water the water in fact taste exactly the same as the water coming directly out of the tap. There were also a couple of reviews regarding the structure of the bottle, the plastic of the bottle is reasonably sturdy, it does not crumple when squeezed, it may do when excessive (and unnecessary) pressure it being used to squeeze the water from the bottle. The protective cap is made from a different type of plastic which if dropped may crack quite readily and also it may be lost quite easily as it it not attached to the main portion of bottle.
Other reviews that I read stated how difficult they found it to actually drink from the bottle I think that if you can coordinate squeezing the bottle aiming the water into your mouth and swallowing the water you will not have a problem with the bottle at all. I would not recommend these filtered bottles at all to anyone, the replacement filter costs more than the whole bottle itself and to me and my family they do not improve the taste of tap water either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 19 April 2013
Used it once...waste of money! It leaks and the filter isnt good, as you try and drink it its like sucking air first then you get a tiny bit of drink! Not happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 8 Oct 2012
This review is from: Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Red (Kitchen & Home)
Dead cuffed with these bottles. My son loves his, and is now drinking much more water!
Some reviewers said drinking from the bottles was noisy, can't say I've noticed that myself.

The water really does taste lovely too. I was a tad skeptical; convert now tho. In the past I've used metal drinking bottles; but never really liked them for plain water, these are great. And so far no problems with leaking from the sports cap.

The only reason I've taken a star off, is the price of replacement filters, which is a bit steep.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, 9 Mar 2012
Came in good condition- impressed with that. However the water bobble leaks despite being done up tightly whether with the cap on and in my bag or when I try and drink from it most ends up down my front. This has rendered it useless.