5.0 out of 5 stars A New World
I enjoyed this book because it is a new view on the future. I have read all the books in this series,of which at the moment there are only three.Bloodring, Seraphs and Host.I read all three,one after the other and could not put them down,housework was skipped a little until I was finished.I REALLY hope that Faith Hunter adds to this series.A GREAT READ.
Published on 18 July 2010 by jenifer

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first, but still leaves us wanting..
Published on 27 April 2008 by Alice Wybrew

5.0 out of 5 stars A New World, 18 July 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first, but still leaves us wanting.., 27 April 2008
Alice Wybrew (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seraphs (Mass Market Paperback)
After the entertaining, but somewhat lacking 'Bloodring', Hunter shows promise in this more exciting, if still somewhat unfocused sequel. The story picks up shortly after the end of 'Bloodring' and brings back all the familiar characters from the first book. The book is intriguing, interesting and urges you to read on, although how much of this is due to the readers own determination to make sense of the occasionally patchy storyline rather then the writing ability of Hunter herself is debateable.
In Seraphs, Hunter is guilty of the same setbacks as in her debut. She tends to pick up her supporting characters when necessary and disregard them as soon as the plot has no immediate use for them. This is often frustrating and can be seen especially through her use of Lucas, who, in Bloodring we heard a lot about but never actually had the chance to get to know or interact with. He is introduced early in Seraphs and promises a charming, enigmatic and mysterious character. However, as soon as his initial intrigue is established he is disregarded for the entirity of the book bar one instance. Like the various other supporting characters, they come and go when it suits the writer's style rather then with the fluidity of the story itself.
Hunter's other fault lies in her final chapters. Intended to be gripping fight scenes, they tend to turn into long, drawn out battles that last for 3 or 4 chapters and end up boring the reader rather then pleasuring. Hunter again loses sight of supporting characters and ends up focusing entirely on Thorn, leaving the reader guessing the fate of the other characters.
However, the introduction of new, rather creative enemies and a more involving storyline means that 'Seraphs' is already a step better than 'Bloodring'. More questions and possibilities arise out of the strange happenings at Mineral City and the plot becomes deeper and more interesting. There is much promise for the third installment and Hopefully Hunter will not dissappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars hmmmmmm - good but bemusing!, 18 May 2010
J. Abraham (North London) - See all my reviews
I liked this book but I must admit to being fairly confused. If you are looking for a supernat romance then this aint it! More Lord of the Rings than Twilight!

In a strange way I found it easier to follow than the first installment, Bloodring, but there was so much in it - I had to just keep ploughing through. Although I came out the end wanting to know what happens next (which is what I look for in a book) I am still not completely sure of what has just happened (got the general picture but got lost on the who does what, how and sometimes why!!)

I think its worth a read but you definitely have to like the "full-on" fantasy fiction type books to like this.

Recommend you check out her Jane Yellow Rock novels first as this was a good way to lead in to this series as gave me a feel for how the writer guides you through the stories and the type of characters she builds - although I think they very different in content (which is a good thing).

Give it a go as worth a punt. I shall plough through the series but at this stage I am not sure that I will make it to the end and feel pleased that I bothered... Could go either way, but outlook at this stage is bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seraphs by Faith Hunter, 22 Mar 2013
Good story. I could not put the book down. I loved the series and would encourage others to read it, if you like supernatural or shifters, fairies and other supernatural beings.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant,brilliant,brilliant, 11 Aug 2007
Lady K "ladykylara" (West Country England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seraphs (Mass Market Paperback)
What more can I say? I love fantasy and I'm always looking for something new. I loved Bloodring which you have to read too- not least because it sets the stage for this one. It's a battle between good and evil in a world decimated by the apocalypse but nothing is quite what it seems- the humans are imperfect- the good capable of doing the wrong thing, the bad capable of good. The seraphs are equally ambiguous. Only the Darkness is certain.
The prose is tight, the decriptions evocative and imaginative. I love the characters and the fact that nothing is telegraphed in advance. Some of the events are shocking, the violence is heart racingly frantic and gory.
One of the most satisfying reads of the year.