4.0 out of 5 stars Sound good so far
These headphones sound great, as you'd expect from a mid-range Sony pair. They're also comfortable in the ear, with three different sizes of tip available interchangeably.

Published on 25 Nov. 2010 by Oliver L

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
Ive been a Sony MDR user for years now, and always end up buying the "new" model as the old one is always discontinued by the time my old earphones break. These particular headphones sadly continue Sony's trend of making each model worse than its predecessor.

Published on 2 Sept. 2011 by Mario

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound good so far, 25 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Sony MDREX77LPB Premium In-Ear Mid range Headphones - Black (Electronics)

I'm slightly puzzled by the accessories and the unnecessary packaging, however. I don't see why the travel case has to be so much bigger than the headphones themselves, and why it needs two pockets. I don't need a separate winder for the headphone cord, though I can at least see how others might find that useful. The packaging-to-product ratio is way too high; the box could easily be a quarter of the size. At least it wasn't too difficult to open.

However, the true test of the headphones will come in a year's time. I've had many a good-sounding pair of headphones become unusable after about that length of the time, usually because the connector wiring has worn down and only one earpiece produces sound. That's what happened to the headphones I was using before these ones (by Creative). The build quality does seem slightly above average, and the L-shaped connector should prevent some wear and tear, but I can't give five stars until I know that they are as durable as they impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money quality headphones, 5 Nov. 2010
These headphones are very good value for money and a fair bit cheaper on Amazon than on the high street. They come with various size ear buds, and a nice little carry case. They are really comfortable to wear, and not too big, or heavy, which makes them great on the move and for running with. The sound quality is very good, and while they are not noise-cancelling headphones, they do cut out quite a lot of backgound noise, and they contain the music very well so that people sat next to you on the bus/train etc don't have to listen to your choice of music.

One of my pet hates is all the people I see getting around with an ipod that cost them well over £100 with the rubbish standard ipod headphones which let out more noise for other people to hear than they can hear themselves.....why cant they just spend £15 on a pair of decent headphones like these and save us all the annoying tinny sound of their bad taste in music!

Definitely recommend these headphones to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Always my first choice, 26 Sept. 2010
Tony Collins (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I always go for Sony headphones, and I always go for these mid-range ones (they update them every now and then and the model number changes). They've got good sound, good build, l-shaped connector so the bit that goes into your ipod doesn't snag and snap.

My advice to anyone who needs new earphones is to go for whatever Sony ones cost between £20-30 (as these usually do). You can't go wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 2 Sept. 2011

Compared to my previous MDR models, these are simply lacking in sound quality all round. Over the years, the price of Sony's MDRs has gradually been coming down ( i think my first ones were about £30). With that price drop though, has come a quality drop. You need to up your price range back to the mid twenty pounds mark to get decent sound these days.

If youre not a sticklet for sound, or are coming from true budget headphones, these will be great for you. If you are more used to higher quality goings on in your ear canals though, leave these alone and double your budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and quality, as you would expect it from Sony., 21 Sept. 2010
M. Morek (UK) - See all my reviews
I have to say I'm a big fun of music to the extent that I don't like to listen to it unless I've got good equipment for the task. This model is perfect for my work environment, blocks nicely outside noise and provides excellent quality sound. Earphones will always win over headphones as they have better parameters, plus are small enough to take'em with you anywhere. Small case provided with headphones is a perfect example how well the product was thought through from the first moment - it helps you carry your earphones while you're not using them without worrying about them being damaged.

Overall this is a great purchase and more and more I'm convinced that Sony brand provides exceptional quality and superior products. Sometimes even for much less than their competitors!

I would recommend it to any person who's passionate about music and needs good quality earphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 16 Nov. 2010
These headphones are very comfortable to wear and stay firmly in your ears. The sound quality is excellent and they block out a lot of external noise. They come with 3 different sized ear buds and a useful carry case. They are great value for money and I would definately recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 14 Oct. 2011
Jack Barnard (Espoo, Finland) - See all my reviews
I previously owned a set of Sennheiser CX300 II headphones which I purchased from Amazon, and although they were very good heaphones, they were proned to breaking and eventually after a few repairs I got sick of them and purchased these.

One major issue I had with the Sennheisers is that whenever anything touched the wires (even clothing) you got a loud bang in the headphones which was rather annoying when walking. No such problem with these.

I would have to say the sound quality isn't quite up to the Sennheisers, it's a bit too deep and doesn't pick some of the treble and midtones, but it's still quite a powerful sound which I've found good for rock and metal tunes.

These phones are very comfortable, they come with 3 grommets for all sizes of ears. Which I found very nice as I have very small ears and need small grommets, some phones come with enourmous things on them which I find uncomfortable, but these are great.

Overall for £15 these are fantastic, particularly as I saw them in HMV for £35. Don't expect the absolute best sound experience, but they're unbeatable at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 25 Feb. 2011
M. Srikulwong "b97369" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
I look for an in-ear type of headphones. Always be a fan of Sony. I compared this model (specification) with other similar ones from other manufacturers. It turns out that Sony offers the most competitive price so I got one to try. It does work as I expect, just good enough for everyday use and much better than the pair from Apple that I own. If you are looking for something affordable, this is a good choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony ear buds, 31 Jan. 2011
Purchased these as a replacement for my smoking buds the sonys are comfortable , keep background noise to a minimum & as you would expect from Sony good build quality ! My only complaint is the sound is a bit tinny ! But easily sorted just crank up the base !

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony earphones, 14 Jan. 2011
S. Singh (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these to replace the standard Apple earphones for the iPod Touch. The standard Apple earphones are of poor quality and many of the songs I listen to using them have a buzzing noise in the background. These Sony earphones, however, are excellent, and that buzzing background noise has gone completely. The music I listen to sounds better than ever. The price of these earphones is also reasonable, given the sound quality.