Price:£1.99+ Free shipping

on 14 October 2013
My Mum got me a set of these on my second attempt to learn to drive this year (13.5 years after my first attempt was brought to an abrupt end due to a serious leg injury resulting from a fall).

The set I had previously years ago only had the rubbish magnetic strips top and bottom and I was driving along at under 30mph to see the one on the bonnet fly up and over the top of the car and disappear - not good and very dangerous, I think!!! I had visions of it blinding me or some other poor unsuspecting motorist by landing on or flying across our windscreens and never used them again without some sort of tape - masking or micropore helps and is removable without damage!!

Have found the fully magnetic ones marvellous until one disappeared some time this week. However, we are unsure if it dropped off the car or if some delightful person "acquired" it somewhere I parked the car. I'm no longer leaving the plates on the car when it is unattended, but it's SO easy when they're fully magnetic as they pop off and on with the greatest of ease! I WILL be buying more!!

Unfortunately, the vendor on eBay my Mum previously used has no more in stock so I must chance someone else has genuine AA ones in stock.

The feedback I have read here is making me nervous as to whether I will receive the genuine good quality article however, hence my comments that it would be useful if you could mention the vendor you used so people know who is sending a genuine AA, quality product and who we should consider avoiding as their product is not genuine/bad quality.
on 28 April 2012
I would not advise anyone to buy those as they have arrived in clear plastic bag without AA logo on them.They really cheaply made and after one car journey we have lost one of them already.They do not stick into the car well.
Do not waste your money.
on 19 December 2010
Got these for my little sis and she has given good feedback, no issues with use and stay in place.

The only issue that I have is that the choice of letters was extremely small.
on 31 July 2013
I've had these L plates a couple of weeks now and haven't had any problems with them. They're magnetic, you attach them to the front and rear of your car and off you go on your driving lesson. We haven't had any experience of the front plate not staying on and coming off whilst driving, they attach firmly. They also appear to be genuine 'AA' L plates, when I opened the brown envelope they came in they were in their own packaging which was 'AA' branded. Some people have mentioned they just recieved the L plates in an envelope but the pair I got were just like the ones pictured, the only difference was the the card at the top was black and orange instead of black and opaque blue. Very happy with the plates so far
on 15 June 2011
Bought these due to glowing reviews. Ours lasted one journey before one fell off. Halfords ones are much better.
on 27 March 2013
i think other reviews have commented about the packaging of these plates. my ones came in an envelope with no display bag etc just 2 L plates with the invoice. nothing whatsoever to say the manufacturer. they did arrive within the delivery estimate. as for the quality i would say its as i thought. fully backed with magnetic material glued to the plastic (far better than the 2 strips). plate sticks to the boot lid no problem and hasnt came off. the bonnet is another story. i dont think its a problem with the plate more of a problem with modern car manufacture. the metal is just not thick enough/made of funny metal the plate just will not stick! have resorted to sticking it inside the windscreen with a bit of blue tack. for a couple of quid they are worth the money just dont think they have anything to do with the AA
Ideal for using on any type of vehicle (even a brand new one,) as no marks or sticky bits left when taking them off. Best bit is you than use anyone else's car (well with their permission) without the hastle of finding string etc.

I had the original tie on set a few years back and they kept on ripping whenever it was windy.

These magnetic ones stay on even in bad rainy weather and hot sun, which is a must, as to be caught without the 'L' on when having lessons, can be an awful lot of time and money having to pay fines etc.

For such a cheap price a must. I must admit I didn't get the 'P' ones though, as I don't know about anyone else, but I think that they shout out 'Yes, I am new to it and things must be all the new driver's fault'. I am probably wrong and many might be really glad they have got the 'P' ones too.
on 4 March 2014
Stuck beautifully since they are fully magnetic unlike ones with magnetic strips which needed to be retrieved from road on 2 occasions. No longer needed as number 2 child now passed the test
on 18 June 2016
All good on time. Very cheap .. and great quality
on 5 February 2014
As long as the surface is dry and clean before you put them on your car they have worked fine and not detached once in the first month of use. Great price as seen the same product for £6 in hardware shops.

See one answered question